Coach List, Waiting List, Interest for '12, etc.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -4-

-4- Walk On

Coaches for '12

-4- (SPARTAN N4TION)- **Commish**
    kinqskid (same)-
    -Balla- (l2)-
    JagNation (JagNation32)-
    edge7771 (same)-
    the quick 135 (same)-
    joshwitt (JWitt13)-
    bhenry37 (topperkringle)
    Nautica
    H0TT NIKKELs
    outspoknpoet
    12. Working On it

2. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Edge7771 is here

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Well, before I commit to anything, I'd obviously like to see how this season goes first, since it is my first with this group.

4. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

You know I'm gonna be down for 12. I'm gonna run with Arkansas if the SEC isn't packed out.

5. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I have same feelings as KillerNuts, if the season is good i will be back.

6. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Whatever you do, don't ask for Oregon on your schedule....

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Why?

8. -4-

-4- Walk On

I think he was just referring to the connection problems that he and FSU were having. It was obviously out of their control though, because I've never had problems with either of them.

9. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

of course I'm down for next season!!

10. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I think a couple guys from the premier league I'm are interested, also I got some solid users from another league that would want to join if we need coaches.

11. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

im down
    ill roll w vt..make it hard for me to recruit

12. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

I Still want to be ""Texas"" for ncaa 2012...

13. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

I am in for '12 w lsu!

14. -4-

-4- Walk On

Just to let some of you guys know... I know we kind of discussed this a little while back, but I'm thinking that all 6*'s may be off limits because it's just too easy with recruiting, so some of you guys might be SOL.

I don't know exactly what team selection rules will be but we will get into that later in the season for sure. But those that want LSU, Texas, and Florida State might want to think about other possibilities before you plan on being those teams. I'm not saying they won't be allowed for sure, but I'd rather not have people start that high up if possible.

The game's still a month off, so my mind could change.

15. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

If we disallow 6 star teams 90 percent of the teams chosen above with be disallowed. Oregon, Miami, Florida, FSU, Notre Dame, OSU, USC, possibility even MSU will most likely all be 6 start teams..I kbow they are all listed in the top 25 in Ncaa 12. If recruiting is the only concern with these top teams just turn recruiting up from AA to Heisman. That will keep everyone from having all 5 star players

16. -4-

-4- Walk On

MSU will be lucky to be a 5-star. I bet they are a 4-star team. Miami will be a 4 or 5 star team as well (more likely 5). Notre Dame might not be a 6-star this season and Oregon might only be 5-stars as well. But that's beside the point.

I have a problem with teams that are both super good to start and then are 6-stars on top of it. Teams that might be down but still 6-stars I'm cool with (Michigan or Notre Dame).

I don't know... we've got awhile to figure it out.

17. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

There are not as many 6 star teams as you think. Yes, there are a bunch of good teams but there are a bunch of 5 stars.

@-4- I have no problem with a rule like this there are plenty of 4 and 5 star teams that are good selection to play and recruit with. Plus you are only a few good seasons away from becoming a 6 star anyway. Im really just wondering about the Coaching Carousel and what your thoughts are one it?

18. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

19. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

LOL.. My fault. I'm just sticking up for the favorite team for the past 15 years, during the up and down years.. FSU.. If we decide to start at lower ranked schools, I'm cool with that but can I at least call frist dibs when after a few seasons into the game my coach prestige goes up and FSU has a job offer for me? That's a cool way to work yourself into your favorite program

20. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yes, definitely.

ctvolfan is right on the money, I can count on two hands the only locks as a 6* team. Florida, Alabama, USC, OSU, Oklahoma, Florida State (Nothing against FSU but why in the heck are they even rated so highly anyways?), and LSU. Then possibly Texas, Michigan, and/or Notre Dame.

21. -4-

-4- Walk On

To be honest, I haven't even looked very seriously into the stuff they're adding to '12 yet.

I shall though. I'd like to know more about CC, but I like the idea of the coaching carousel it just depends on how well it is executed though.

22. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

If you set them as your alma mater there could be a possibility of them coming after you.

23. -4-

-4- Walk On

This is a total change of topic, but everyone seems to be in this thread, so if I put the quarters back up to 7, could some of you guys still keep your scoring down, or should I leave it at 6 for 2016? I'm really not getting the right amount of plays, but I don't know how some of you were scoring so much, so I'd be willing to keep it at 6 mins if 7 would be a problem.

EDIT: Or, let's put it this way... I'm going to raise quarters back to seven minutes for next season. Please don't run up stats or scores when playing bad opponents it is against league and site rules.

24. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I'm down with us getting whatever teams we want, having limits put on like no 6star programs, or even starting out as 2 or 3 star programs and building them up, or even starting at low programs, build up the coach resume and use the coaching carousel. There are lots of options this year

25. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I think 7 minutes is a good time limit to play by. That allows enough offensive and defensive plays.

@KillerNuts what are your thoughts on '12? Would you like the idea of using the CC?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.