Coach Nesmith fulfills promise; Cards win the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by thafuture3886, Apr 9, 2013.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

[​IMG]
    The team celebrates after a score by WR Terrance King

When Coach Nesmith proclaimed the Cardinals would win the Super Bowl, he understandably had many doubters. After all, the Cardinals had yet to even win a playoff game in 2 seasons so why would anybody believe the Cardinals were a serious threat to the grab the Lombardi Trophy. Coach Nesmith knew what he had in his team, they had matured and learned from previous losses and were ready to make a statement in the league and that is what they did in capturing their 1st Lombardi Trophy in the 12th man and the 3rd of Coach Nesmith's career.

The game would pit 2 very familiar coaches against each other with their rivalry dating back 3 years. Both coaches know each others games well so this game was thought to be a hard fought back and forth matchup like many of their previous games have been. However, the Cardinals defense had other plans. The Cardinals defense racked up 8 interceptions with 1 returned for a touchdown and forced 1 fumble while allowing less than 250 total yards and an astounding 8 yards rushing. For the 3 games in the playoffs, the Cardinals only allowed 56 TOTAL RUSHING YARDS which is an amazing feat considering the running games they were up against. The Cardinals offense didn't do too much but were able to capitalize on the great field position provided by their defense to put up 20 points. On to the recap...

The game started with the Cardinals winning the toss and electing to kick. After the teams traded punts the Dolphins offense would come out on their 2nd possession of the day which would be a sign of things to come for QB Andy Dalton. Dalton would be picked off by CB Greg Toler giving the ball to the Cardinals in Dolphins territory. The Dolphins defense would step up and save their offense and force the Cards to settle for a field goal and a 3-0 lead. The Dolphins next possession would end similarly to their first but this time OLB Khamari Jackson would pick off Dalton for his 1st of 2 interceptions on the day. Merian would lead the offense down field and connect with his favorite target, WR Terrance King for a 4 yard touchdown pass to stretch the lead to 10-0 to end the 1st quarter.

The second quarter would be more of the same as the Cardinals defense would continue to control the game. Backup SS Glover Quin would channel his best Larry Brown impersonation as he would grab 2 of his 3 interceptions in this quarter including one returned for a touchdown to make it 17-0. Another interception by Dalton would result in another Cardinals score as Merian would connect with backup TE Tony Moeaki for a short 4 yard score and a 24-0 lead late in the 2nd quarter. Looking to add to their lead late in the 2nd with under a minute left, Merian would make what was thought to be a pivotal mistake as he threw an interception near the goal line. Luckily, the defense stepped up again as Quin would pick off Dalton to end the half.

The 2nd half was very quiet with the Cardinals intent on controlling the clock and keeping the Dolphins out of the endzone. Both teams would tack on field goals, and Dalton would add a couple more interceptions as the Cardinals defense was able to keep the Dolphins at bay.

Final Score 27-3

PLAYER OF THE GAME: SS GLOVER QUIN, 2 TACKLES, 3 INTS, 1 TD

GG CHUNKNESS! was a fun one regardless and I always enjoy playing you

[​IMG]
    Patrick Peterson celebrates with Glover Quin(I know it's Wilson, use your imagination lol) after an interception

[​IMG]
    Veteran DE Calais Campbell after the game

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  2. thafuture3886

Bump for recap

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great season guys! Congrats to you Curtis on the Championship!

• Like Like x 2
  4. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Congratulations Curtis!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Classy recap Curtis and agreed. Always a good game regardless of the outcome. I apologize for passing as much as I did. Once I was down by 24 mid third quarter, I put the running game on the back burner which probably did not help my cause. Regardless, you deserved the Superbowl win. You have bragging rights to bring up how badly you beat me in the SB as much as you like. ;)

I'll post up the highlights later tonight when I get back in from the road...

• Like Like x 1
  6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

• Like Like x 3
  7. thafuture3886

:mad: job blocks videos..have to wait until i get home to check it out

Thanks for the vid though (y)

• Like Like x 2