Coach Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 12, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

This thread will be the official thread for reporting/updating playbooks. You can not use a Custom Playbook (or any for that matter) without designating it here. This is required. I will unlock it in a few days. Rules:

1) Do not be gay or un-sim or we will remove this feature immediately (if anyone adds the Emory Henry I am going to boot you)
    2) There is NO single-adding plays, only forms (i-form twins, etc).
    3) You may delete a few plays from a form to make room for an additional form but you may never have fewer than 9 plays in a form
    4) There is a maximum (aside from Special Teams and Goalline) of 6 sets (Ace, Shotgun, Strong, etc) and 21 forms. Do not go over these limits: this is where the heavy reporting/recording needs to come in to play.
    5) Under NO circumstances can you change or modify a playbook mid-season. In the off-season we will address this but what you record/report is what you play with for the entirety of the season. No exceptions.
    6) We use standard defensive playbooks. No custom defenses please.

Note: When listing your custom playbook (not-applicable if simply using default playbook), you MUST create an accompanying write-up detailing your motives behind creating such a playbook: what are you trying to create? what kind of offense are you building for your career? why? etc.

2. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Well, I'll be the first one to post my custom playbook. I am a run oriented player and probably run 60-65%. I love getting a good run game going and HB's will be my main (skill position) recruits. With that said, here is my playbook......

I'll also be running the 4-3

3. vatechhokie01

Heath's Custom Playbook: The Cathedral
    Description: I have 2 loves: the running game and dual-threat QBs. In addition, you will rarely, if ever, see me go 5-wide to pass or use a FB/2nd-TE for anything other than blocking in the run-game. My hope is that I will be able to build an offense around mostly the ace formation with some shotgun spread mixed in. On defense, I will run a standard 4-3.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

4-3 D.

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Description: Using Pro style playbook as a base (UVA's base book). I like an nice even mix of passing and running.

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I am going with the Base Bowling Green offense with one wrinkle....I added the Wishbone. (midwest high school football at its best). Defense I am a 4-3 but I would love a 3-4 eventually if it is any good

7. TJM

TJM Walk On

My base is Boston College with the following changes:

Remove: Shotgun Wildcat, Ace Normal Flex, Strong I Normal
    Insert: Shotgun Spread, I-Form Twins, Ace Spread

8. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

ULL will be running a multiple playbook (the team seems to be designed to run the spread, but I'll be running the Miss. State actual playbook in the Abbey which is a spread, so I wanted to go out on a limb and change it up for the main league).
    We will be running a standard 4-3 defense.

9. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Oklahoma and the 4-3

10. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

North Texas will be using a Pro Style offense from the Georgia Playbook. In year 1 there will be no changes to the playbook.
    As for defense the Meen Green has the linebackers to go with a 3-4 defense. Playbook to be up tonight for all viewing pleasure.

11. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

North Texas will be using a Pro Style offense from the Georgia Playbook. In year 1 there will be no changes to the playbook.
    As for defense the Meen Green has the linebackers to go with a 3-4 defense. Playbook to be up tonight for all viewing pleasure.

12. vatechhokie01

couple notes:
    1) to add defense to your original post, just edit it
    2) again if you do not declare by advance to week 1, you are not allowed to use custom playbooks... just pick default
    3) there is not need for elaborate tables if you are simply add/deleting 1 or 2 formations. what TJM and mullen did was fine.
    4) REITERATE: there is NO updates, additions, or deletions to playbooks once season begins. We will open up in the next offseason!

13. vatechhokie01

P.S. bulldog and mullen: you guys are gay for adding the wishbone. just couldnt stear claer of the gimmick, could you? lol. i know... i know... you love old school high school football. sigh.

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I'll be running with the Cal Bears playbook and the 4-3 defense.

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

The Hilltoppers are jumping on the bus this first season with the University of Washington Offense and their 4-3 defense.

[​IMG]

16. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Offense

Ace - Bunch, Normal, Y-Trips
    I Form - Normal, Slot Flex, Tight, Twins
    Stong I - Normal, Y-Flex, Close
    Shotgun - Bunch, Split Y-Flex, 5WR Flex Trio, Normal Y-Flex, Normal Y-Slot, Trips Open, Spread Flex, Tight, Y-Trips HB Wk, Normal HB Wk, Normal

Defense

3-3-5 Stack