Coach prestige question

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by bcduggan, Dec 14, 2011.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

What is significance of coach prestige?

Example

Year 2

I am head coach 2nd year of contract D prestige, even though I won CUSA year 1 I am ok with this because prestige should not change until contract is up.

My OC extended with my team after year 1, he had 100% security and completed most of his goals. His prestige went from B or B+ to A+.

My DC failed 2 goals, successful on 3 goals, 3 still pending, 1 year left on contract. 51% security. D prestige.

Do the prestige ratings do anything more than being just a pitch in recruiting. I only ask because my offense is playing phenominal, while my defense is playing at a low FCS caliber.

2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

It effects only recruiting pitches and your ability to get new jobs in the coach carousel..... has no impact on how your players perform on the field

3. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Do you recruit better with a better prestige?

4. Wyrmreaver

It improves that one recruiting pitch..... so with Alabama, not really, since you have a ton of B+ to A+ pitches already. But if you are in a 1 star league and you can dramatically increase your coach prestige over the first couple seasons it can definitely help make a difference, but it is still just the one pitch

5. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

It also affects how your players progress. Higher prestige means better offseason training results.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is the biggest impact of HC prestige. (the OP mentioned he was a coordinator and I don't know if that affects progression or not)

7. Wyrmreaver

I hadnt noticed that or read anything that indicated such.... In my experience progression is based on "athletic facilities"

8. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

In the Night Owls OD, my guys progressed much more while I was at Kansas with an A+ coach prestige than while I've been at Clemson with a D+ coach prestige. With an A+ I could count on +5 or +6 each offseason. With my D+ I get 3 or 4.

9. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I thought stat progression in the offseason was linked to the prestige of your program. Granted, those two (coach and program prestige) will probably go up and down together, but I thought it was the program and not coach prestige that controlled it...

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Ok

contract ended year 2

won CUSA year 1
    finished 2nd in Big 12 year 2
    completed most goals
    22-6 W/L

however, my prestige did not go up from D

Team prestige went up from 3 to 4 after year 1 then 4 to 5 after year 2

I signed new 4 year deal after year 2.

Every other coach that is in game prestige changed up/down for the 2 years