Information Coach Profiles

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by RynoAid, Jun 24, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

This is where we get to know each other a bit. The more we share here will allow us to better understand the guys that make up the league and hopefully start to develop some of those coaching bonds that will drive the longevity of this league. Please, be as thorough as you can and follow the format if possible.

Thanks.

Format

(add image of yourself if you can.. encouraged, not required)

Who are You:

What do you like to do outside of Madden:

Where do you see yourself in 10 years:

How would you describe your Madden style:

What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with:

2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

[​IMG]
    City/State: Raleigh, NC

Who are You: Hakeem Abdul(no I am not related to paula abdul, I wish though).

What do you like to do outside of Madden: NBA 2k, Fifa, and Shooting Games

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Um I would say Living the Life, good job, GF or maybe a wife or a playa playa(jk jk), or who knows where Football will take me.

How would you describe your Madden style: I like to mix up the Pass and Run

What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with: Andy Reid

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

2010-07-16 20_01_47.jpg
    City/State:
    Pensacola, FL
    Who are You:
    I'm a middle school teacher that just finished my first year of teaching. I have a degree in history. I dj'ed for over 12 years before going to college, hence my gamer tag. I'm a die-hard NY Knicks, Yankees, and Miami Hurricanes fan. I've been married going on 8 years, and we have two dogs that are spoiled like children. I am addicted to Air Jordans, and have been since I was young.
    What do you like to do outside of Madden:
    I read a lot. Pretty much everything I read deals with history in some way. I watch a lot of sports, and am a gamer that plays every genre.
    Where do you see yourself in 10 years:
    I plan on starting on my Masters in the next year, so in 10 years I hope to be finished or finishing up my PhD and teaching at a university.
    How would you describe your Madden style:
    I'm a ground and pound guy. I love to run the ball and play tough defense. My two goals in every game are not to turn the ball over and not to give up the big play.
    What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with:
    Probably Rex Ryan. I run the ball and look for big plays in play action, and rely on my defense to win games.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

5. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

[​IMG]
    City/State: Detroit, MI​
    Who are You: I'm a house husband, rock drummer, dog owner/rescuer, and horror movie nut.​
    What do you like to do outside of Madden: As stated, I'm a huge horror nerd. Collect memorabilia (posters/toys, etc). I'm an avid gamer, and I play games from pretty much every genre, although I kind of suck at shooters.​
    I'm a big music fan, and listen to pretty much everything but hip-hop and Pop-country. To me good country is Hank Senior, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, George Jones, David Allan Coe and Merle Haggard. My favorite bands are Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pantera, Hank III and Black Label Society.​
    Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Not much will have changed. Old dog, new tricks, etc.​
    How would you describe your Madden style: Hopelessly average ground and pound sim style player.​
    What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with: I grew up idolizing Bo Schembechler so I'll say him. I play Marty ball. (Schottenheimer)​
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Corey Volting

well, man. You and I are gonna get along JUST fine. The new Hank III double album, Ghost to a Ghost, has been on non-stop roatation on my spotify and Straight to Hell is one of the top 3 country albums ever released in my humble opinion. I grew up on Pantera, Clutch, Slayer and all that good shit as well.

glad to have you on board!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Thanks for the warm welcome Mike. I'm a huge Clutch fan. Have seen them live 3 times and have all their records. Dig Slayer too. Seasons in the Abyss is one of the best records ever made.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

everything Clutch has ever done has been pretty much perfect, for a long time i thought nothing could be better than their self-titled (spacegrass, escape from the prison planet, texan book of the dead) then they went and released Blast Tyrant. My all-time favorite album. Reign in Blood and Seasons go back and forth for me when it comes to Slayer

9. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

City/State: Cincinnati, OH

Who are You: I'm a college student studying business finance. I'm an extremely passionate person. I only have two speeds in life: 0 mph or 120 mph. I enjoy meeting new people and believe you can learn something from everyone.

What do you like to do outside of Madden: Watching and playing almost any sport, going out and having a good time, improving myself, being a bum when I can find some free time to relax.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: I dream of starting my own business and doing something that impacts other people's lives.

How would you describe your Madden style: Traditional or Old-School. I like to pound it and run the 4-3 defense.

What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with: Jim Harbaugh

• Like Like x 2
  10. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Oh yeah Blast Tyrant is pure win for sure. I listen to it all, but Robot Hive Exodus and Blast Tyrant are played, a lot, in my household.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

City/State:Lewisville, Tx via Cleveland, Ohio

Who are You: Teacher, Coach, Athletic Director, Music lover. Been a teacher and coach for 9 years. I have a girlfriend of over 3 years that rules. She is 12 years older than me and is a total Cougar...but she is not rich, and doesnt buy me a lot of awesome stuff...she rules though.

What do you like to do outside of Madden: I love to read non-fiction, biographies, and any type of conspiracy theory bullshit that I can get my hands on. I love to run, i run 15-20 miles a week and have run a few half-marathons. I got sick of lifting weights after i stopped playing football and dedicated myself to cross-fit workouts, and running. Nevertheless, i eat too much and drink too much beer, so inevitably i never actually see the results of my efforts...

I am an avid listener of music as well. I try to get out as much as possible to see live music around here in Dallas, but it's just not the same as back in the day in cleveland when i saw a TON more bands. I can get into pretty much anything really. From the most evil and darkest of Black/Death metal, to 80s hair bands, all the way to hip-hop and country. I grew up on Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, and Clutch, 2pac, and Bone but my dad and uncles were always listening to old school country and classic rock so I LOVE me some Hank, David Allan Coe, The Band, Creedence, and Skynyrd. As of late Steel Panther and Between the Buried and Me have been kicking my ass as well.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Hopefully doing the same thing I am now. Still teaching and coaching, kickin it with the girlfriend (perhaps she will be more by then?)

How would you describe your Madden style: Average stick-skills, but i love to run to set up the pass...but i guess who doesnt?

What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with: Marty Schottenheimer. When he coached the browns i was a very impressionable youth, and his style really stuck with me to the point that i see a lot of his style in me when i am coaching.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Welcome aboard! I have heard nothing but great things about you from I Peench

looking forward to kicking this thing off

• Like Like x 1
  13. IrishBearcat

Thanks man, looking forward to balling with you.

Also, I Peench is a scholar and a gentleman.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I Peench

i wouldnt go that far :rolleyes:

but he is a solid dude, lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

City/State: Boston, MA

Who are You: Loong time member of the Madden and NCAA online communities. Former head of MaddenMania.com who brought the site from relative obscurity to the Madden fan site on the web site. Later converted MaddenMania.com into Digital Sports Mania, which then merged with Operation Sports - basically taking DSM's style, writing and editorial philosophy and marrying it with OS's sports gaming connections. The success was almost instantaneous and a big reason OS is where it is today (I had nothing to do with the forums).

Back in the day I was co-founder of the BMFL with Ryno and Kingerock - one of the first online Madden franchises ever with Madden 2001 on the PC. To this day, many of the rules, philosophies and beliefs "sim/straight" game play is centered on came from the BMFL.

Professionally, I handle marketing communications and web site content for a Fortune 500 electric and gas utility headquartered in Boston and Hartford. I'm a graduate of Northeastern University, where I got a degree in Public Relations and Journalism and was News Editor of the school's student paper.

What do you like to do outside of Madden: I'm sure I'm not alone in being a big sports fan here. Mets, Giants and Liverpool FC are the biggest teams I follow.

For about 8 years now I have been a volunteer baseball coach, teaching 11 and 12 year olds to love and respect the game of baseball. Two of those 8 teams won the league - which I'm especially proud of because if validated my belief that you could win without being one of those asshole coaches that yells at kids and instead teaches them that having fun should be first. I'm now at the point where kids I coached are starting to make the JV and Varsity baseball team. Each of the last two years more than half the JV and Varsity teams have been comprised of players I coached (impressive, IMO considering i coach 12 of the 72 best players in the town each year, many of those kids end up going to private school and the high school is pretty large at 2,000 students).

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Who knows lol.

How would you describe your Madden style: Ball control offense coupled with a smash mouth, stifling defense.

What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with: Many of my football beliefs and theories come from watch Bill Parcells coach the Giants as a kid.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

City/State: San Jose, CA

Who are You: Relatively new member in the TSO community having played in TMFL for the past couple months which was my first TSO league. I have been playing Madden since the first iteration of the game when it was on Genesis and also played the very first when it was a Tiger Handheld, but i didnt own it :(.

I am a Finance Graduate from San Jose State and now full-time cubicle monkey working as a Financial Ops Analyst at a Fortune 500 IT distribution company here in California Bay Area. Been doing this for the last 9 months after being a Banker for almost 6 years. I have nagging GF and a hyper Maltese Poodle dog.

What do you like to do outside of Madden: Madden is the majority of my gaming these days, but i typically play some of the big budget games like Halo, etc, etc. I play basketball on my free time, watch a ton of movies, and like to travel a bit if within my budget. I am lazy by nature :)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: 10 years older

How would you describe your Madden style: Very simple offense primarily running to setup the pass. My defense is typically 4-3 which is because the Raiders mostly use a 4-3. Since i use the Raider PB every year, things may change this year.

What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with:Jeff Fisher because i want to run the ball so much to bore my opponent to take him out of his game.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

City/State: Currently South Brunswick, NJ - Soon to be Robbinsville, NJ

Who are You: Like Ryno and BlyGilmore, a looooongtime member of the Madden community. I was the commish of MEGA, a 32 team PC play league that started in '02 similar to the AMFL/BMFL/OMFL crew. We ran 25 consecutive seasons on the PC, ending a year after they killed off the PC version. We tried to transfer our members to consoles, but it was such a step backwards in both gameplay and capabilities that we decided to end it. We had features way more advanced than LeagueManager, all that history and statistics goodness, and the ability to edit nearly everything in our franchises which opened up so many possibilities in the game. With CCM coming into play, this is the closest it's been to recreate that. I've known a lot of the older guys and members of the community, even that prick BRUCE80 for a long time. Heh.

In the real world, I work in Regulatory Affairs eStrategy for a major Biopharma company here in Central NJ. I'm a Rutgers Grad, a Giants fan, a Yankees fan, and a Bucs fan (long story), but happy to see Greg Schiano at the head of my new team after seeing what he did for my old team.

What do you like to do outside of Madden: I'm a season ticket holder for Rutgers and the Yanks. Big movie fan. Big reader. Big tech nerd. Used to be a bigger gamer, though I pick and choose my spots now. I'm sure I will add housework and crap to the list once I move.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: "I'm rich biatch!" -- Dave Chappelle - but more likely, just happy doing crap I love. And hating Philly fans.

How would you describe your Madden style: Flexible - I prefer a ground control game, high percentage QB play limiting turnovers and a 'bend but don't break' defense that is opportunistic. You have to adapt to your personnel. I've played a number of styles through the years.

What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with: Parcells/Belichick family tree in philosophy

• Like Like x 4
  18. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

ahhh MEGA. I believe you guys were also part of the old Madden Online Association.

19. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

This!

20. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Yessir! Ahhh, The good ol' WAY BACK MACHINE... :) Can we revive the MM Soap Box? ;)

21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'm 36 and live in Cranford, NJ, also a Bucaneers fan. Surely we must have crossed paths.

22. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

[​IMG]

(This is from about 2 years ago, I don't take a lot of pictures)

City/State: Chicago, IL

Who are You: Well, I'm a college student in downtown Chicago. Currently (and sadly) single. I was also born on St. Patricks Day, so I'd say I have that going for me...except I've never been to a club or been able to "celebrate" my birthday (if you know what I mean). I'm a Bears, White Sox, and Bulls fan, as well as various other teams, but outside of the Bears and Bulls you can say I'm sort of a "fair-weather fan." I've never liked the Cubs though. I'm also a Oregon Ducks and Miami Hurricanes fan. I'm a Tebow supporter too, heheh.

What do you like to do outside of Madden: Right now I'm kind of a home-body cause I don't have a job, but I do like to get out. Thing is, I don't like doing the typical "lets get loaded or let's go find some girls" or whatever that most of my friends do. I like doing different things. I'd rather take a girl to Navy Pier or the beach before I meet some at a club.

As far as gaming, I consider myself a decent gamer. I don't play it like I get paid, but I play a lot. Im also a diverse gamer. I've ventured into games like Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and Mirror's Edge. I'm also a fan of the Tekken series, Sonic the Hedgehog, Final Fantasy (more recently though), COD, and Halo.

Oh, and I like reality shows, they're funny to me. Yes, I am guilty of watching Jersey Shore...

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Hopefully not a fat slob with a shirt plate...haha but hopefully I have a job I love doing, that impacts others for the better. I also wanna have kids around mid-20s for some reason, so hopefully I have a beautiful wife and a future HOF'er in the family. Possibly a dog too, ya know?

How would you describe your Madden style: Generally balanced. Being a Bears fan, I'm always gonna have the "run the ball and play defense" mentality. But being that it's a passing league, I can do that too. I believe one of my biggest strengths is being able to adapt to the matchup at hand.

What coach (current or former) would you compare yourself most closely with: Jon Gruden. A lot of energy and passion, and he's kind of weird IMO. I like his sense of humor too. Idk, he's my favorite coach :D.

23. IrishBearcat

Everyone should add a picture, join the movement.

It's a videogame league not a beauty contest, don't be shy now!

• Like Like x 3
  24. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Hah, I may just use the one I've been using for all my social profiles lately.

• Like Like x 1
  25. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

There, I added a picture! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1