Coach Skill Tree Rule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HarkTheSound, Jul 21, 2013.

1. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Roggie
    LSUTRUTH
    BigBodySS
    UniQue2Three
    LeGeNd RiPs
    chopper393
    Cole Copeland
    Cgreen214
    mcyork
    Hokie Effect
    hskr8128

Just letting everyone know that as far as HEAD COACH skill trees go, we are implementing a 2:1 ratio between gameplay and recruiting. So for every two points you put into recruiting, one HAS TO GO into gameplay. This keep user coaches becoming overpowered at recruiting because otherwise nobody is going to put their points into gameplay. Let me know if you're confused about this rule.

2. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This makes sense but how are we going to enforce this? I was looking for a way to see other's coaching trees and I couldn't find it. I would hope we could trust everyone to follow a pretty straight forward rule like this though.

3. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I can look at other guys' coaching trees, so if I see any rule breakers, I'll enforce recruiting restrictions (aka, loss of scholarships).

4. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Understood

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

6. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

AH! I'm self reporting! I just saw this rule and I've already put 3 points into recruiting. Sorry! My next two points will go into game play.

Edit: Just saw this rule didn't go into effect until 5:30PM yesterday, I put my 3rd recruiting point into play yesterday around Noon or so. Anyway, I'll make sure I'm in compliance with my next couple points.

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

You got three points already?
    UVA coach mcyork has put two into recruiting next one is gameplay

8. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Yeah, I played two games where most people only had 1 so I had more opportunity for points.

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

gotcha that makes sense lol

10. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Alright guys, I'm gonna let this slide FOR NOW because maybe I wasn't clear enough in my instructions...

But there are several violators of our 2:1 policy. The 2:1 doesn't mean you go to 4:1, then plan on putting points into gameplan later...it means you stay BELOW or AT that ratio. For example, I started off going 1:1, then 2:2, and now I'm at 4:2 in favor of recruiting. For my next upgrades, I MUST put my point into gameplay, then I can put 2 more into recruiting to make it 6:3 or I could put 2 points into gameplan to make it 4:4, then put 4 straight points into recruiting to make it 8:4...

So as I look at the coaches, it sucks knowing other users have an advantage over me right now.

chopper393: 5:2
    UniQue2Three: 4:1
    LeGeNd RiPs: 5:2
    LSUTRUTH: 5:1
    hskr8128: 5:1
    BigBodySS: 4:1 (You already self-reported this)
    Cgreen214: 4:1

Since so many people got this wrong I'm gonna assume this was my fault...but I'm just letting everyone know. Carry on.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I don't understand how 2 people can have a 5:1. That doesn't even make sense. 5:2 or even 4:1 I can understand with a misunderstanding (since I almost went 3:1 then realized it), but 5:1 is just blatant breaking of the rule.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Wow Im retarded. I thought it was 3 to 1 as well. Im putting my point into coaching

13. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I misunderstood..bc I went 2 recruiting then 1 in gameplan = 2:1 and then two more into recruiting and now this week another into gameplan...which makes me 4:2

My guess is that is what chopper and rips did as well

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cole Copeland

wow. idk

15. Cole Copeland

well that fucks everyone else that did it correctly

16. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Not really bc the 4:1 people were following the 2:1 ratio rules..we just didn't know you had to keep it under that bc it was never said....so we went two then one and then two and then one...which still give the 2:1 ratio w/ 4:2....now how we have some people with 5:1 I dunno

• Like Like x 2
  17. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Well I misunderstood the rule too, because I thought going 2 in recruiting then 1 in game management is a 2:1 ratio, but now will keep it under or at a 2:1. I will put this point into game management and I will be 5:3...which is ok not?

I don't think I ever had an advantage over anyone as I had 8 points going into week 7. I was also only 1 point into recruiting and 1 point into game management. Then week 7 I put 4 into recruiting and one into game management and saved one back. (Had I known this was going to put me in violation I would have put the last in game management and been fine).

18. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I truly thought it was a 3:1 ratio. I can even breakdown exactly what I used

1st 2-Scouting
    3rd-Lock Breaker
    4th-Gameplan
    5th-Scouting
    6th-Visit one (w/e its called)-My very first visit was schedule this week with only ONE guy. So it's not like this gave me a HUGE advantage

I'm sorry for misunderstanding the rule but maybe we should give people a chance to explain themselves before blaming them for cheating. It's not like this is a rule that's been in place for a long time that everyone should know. It was a simple misunderstanding.

So, HarkTheSound, just let me know whether you would prefer me to redistribute my skill tree or if you prefer me just having to put the next 3 points I get into gameplan?

19. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I know it was 2:1, but I was under the same assumption as Cgreen214. Apologies.

20. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Like I said, since half the dynasty got it right and half got it wrong, I'm just gonna chalk this up to a misunderstanding. I don't think anyone intentionally cheated or anything - I trust everyone here to do the right thing. All I ask now is that you guys fix the mistakes and even those ratios back up.

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

If my recruiting suffers I always got this crutch to fall back on.....Its all about my excuses!!! You cheaters are still cheaters in my book I'll take that to the grave!!!

• Like Like x 2