Coach Smith's NCAA 12 Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Aug 12, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Time for me to get caught up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see this year has been a major disappointment.

Week 1 CSU 33 - UNM 22

Colorado jumped out to a huge 27 -7 lead. We made a very spirited comeback closing the gap to 30-22 before the Rams put up another FG to put the game out of reach late to take the 33-22 win. Little did I know that this would be one of my best offensive performances of the season.

Week 2 OSU 50 - UNM 16

Ohio State completely housed us. Really nothing to say about that. We did score 16 points. Which in retrospect was a pretty decent day. We couldn't stop them for anything....

Week 3 UNM 41 - Army 17

Our only win of the season. It was a sim victory due to connection problems. Good thing we won that one.

Week 4 WSU 14 - UNM 7

This was a tough one. Our defense played very well this game but the Coug D was too much for our offense. We had many shots to win this game but couldn't cash in.

Week 5 NM ST. 24 - UNM 20

This one was grounds for dismissal. Not only did we lose to the one team on our schedule rated even with us, but we completely self destructed. We were up 20-10 in the 4th quarter and we couldn't get out of our own way. We turned it over a few times, and the HC made some poor decisions late in the game on special teams. The defense gave up the winning TD with about 15 seconds left on a deep seam route. All I could do is watch :(

Week 6 Tulane 21 - UNM 14

Tulane jumped out to a 21-0 lead very early in this game. Our defense played their hearts out in the 2nd half and totally shut Tulane down. We made some good plays on Offense in the 2nd half to close the gap and had a few chances to tie this game up late but just couldn't finish it out.

Week 8 TCU 31 - UNM 7

No contest. None. But that's a Heavy Weight v. a Bantam Weight.

Week 9 USAF 35 - UNM 3

see above. The defense was pounded up one way and down another.

Week 10 SD St 26 - UNM 16

This one especially hurt. We were up 16-15 with 4 minutes to go. I mean really. I blew this one. I had the ball at the Aztec 30 and were in prime position to kill some clock, make it a 4 point lead and really put SD State behind the 8 ball. We ran a WR screen on 2nd down just for a little variety so they couldn't key on the run. Ultimately I wanted to score a TD to take the 8 pt lead and lock this one up. Unfortunately they read Screen all the way, they jumped the pass and returned it deep into our territory. Of course they scored right away to put me down 6. We had one more chance to make a drive but were stalled out on 4th down. They kicked another FG to lock it up and send us to 1-8.

So by my calculations we successfully snatched defeat from the jaws of victory about 4 times this season.

Our last 3 games are against UNLV, Wyoming, and Boise St.

We have successfully accomplished most of our offensive goals already and have a good shot at accomplishing the rest of them. One goal we will not accomplish is winning 4 games. We would need to beat Boise State and that ain't happening. Even if we could beat UNLV and Wyoming.

I'll have the next 3 game summaries up in this thread and then a season wrap up.

• Like Like x 1