Coach Watch 2013

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by BigKing, Oct 5, 2011.

1. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

In Infinite's memory I've decided to resurrect his Coach Watch. Since I'm in my office, I'll have to go on memory and game recaps only.

1) [​IMG] The Seminoles and Coach BigKing are on a roll. They can run the ball, pass the ball & dominate of defense. The only thing up for debate is what is more impressive the players that Coach BigKing recruits or the way he coaches.

2) [​IMG] The Buckeye's have a big wins vs Alabama & LSU. So far the Buckeyes and Coach Gwill look like a lock to be in the National Championship game.

3) [​IMG] So far it's a story of what could have been for Oregon. Coach RyanC missed his first game against FSU and the result most likely will keep the Ducks out of the National Championship game.

4) [​IMG] Once again Coach Magoo and his is Crimson Tide are arguably the most talented team in college football. Once again it appears Alabama will not win the title.

5) [​IMG] The Utes fall into the 5 spot by default. They have a decent record but coach PNC was missing for those wins. In the end, Utah gets this spot because I couldn't give it to anyone below them.

6) [​IMG] The good: USC beat Utah and no one can blame Coach C Young for USC's loss to FSU. The bad: USC lost to LSU, USC's defense.

7) [​IMG] Coach DWreck and his Wolverines get the nod at 7 this week. I'm giving Coach DWreck the benefit of the doubt this week at 7 because I truly have no idea who Michigan has played or what the games looked like, but the record of 2 - 3 speaks for itself.

8) [​IMG] The Miami Hurricanes have been struggling for the past few years. There are now rumors that they will be forced to move to the Big East, to make room for Cincinnati to join the ACC. But one thing Coach Raidernation does have is 2 wins.

9) [​IMG] LSU is stacked with talent and is 1 - 3. Coach Eber has not been able to capitalize on his strong finish to last year and looks overmatched, could this be due to lack of sleep?

10) [​IMG] My have the Tigers fallen. Clemson has gone from ACC champions to ACC after thoughts. Coach Clay has to be feeling the pressure after his team's 1 - 3 start. What could have gone wrong in Clemson??? Could it have been those offseason scrimmages, aka Beatings, against the Seminoles?

11) [​IMG] In tribute to Coach Cocky, I'll be keeping him in this years rankings. Cocky Marine If you are no longer a Cocks fan, please let me know and I'll let you switch your allegiance.

2. BigKing

clayandlbf I request that this thread be stickied and the winner shall receive 10 five star recruits.

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Ha ha...u can try but u can never replace cocky and infinite.

4. C Young

C Young Walk On

Lol what a battle those two had. Cage match!!

5. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

How's everyone doing these days?

6. C Young

C Young Walk On

Is BigKing aka FSU too busy prepping for his already-secured National Title to insult us with the Coach Watch this week!? lol

7. BigKing

It's good to see Coach Watch generating so much interest. Last week's installment was basically a year to date version. Upon advancing this week, I'll be preparing to provide this weeks update. It would be appreciated if everyone posts a game summary and if Clay could start posting the week summary once we advance, since I can't get into the dynasty page at work.

8. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Has anyone else had problems uploading videos in the game to the EA servers? The reason I have not posted any videos to my summaries is because the EA servers will not let me upload any of my generated game highlights.

9. BigKing

I haven't tried in the last couple weeks.

10. C Young

C Young Walk On

Weekly summary - USC is going to make a return to prominence ASAP

11. BigKing

Coach Watch Week 9
    1)[​IMG] No surprise here at number one, the Seminoles destroyed 5-1 conference rival Maryland 62-0. Their defense gave up 0 first downs. The Seminoles have the #1 ranked recruiting class in the nation. What could go wrong for the Seminoles??? How about the BCS rankings dropping them down to #4 with three mediocre Big Ten teams ahead of them.

2)[​IMG] This just in, Coach Eber is back from the dead. LSU won in a thriller versus a high powered previously undefeated Mississippi State team. Unfortunately for the Tigers they already have three losses and no one besides Coach Watch is paying any attention.

3)[​IMG] The surprising Utes once again come away with a win, this time an impressive victory over the Oregon Ducks. We'll forget about the Ducks coach abandoning them mid week and give credit to Utah. At this point the Utes are the favorite for the Pac 12 title.

4)[​IMG] The Buckeyes were a winner over a relevant opponent this week against Penn State. With the last second win, Coach Gwill stays alive in the chase to face FSU in the National Championship game. Can OSU navigate the rest of their overrated conference schedule?
    5)[​IMG] Coach Magoo puts another win on his record and appears to be the favorite in the SEC. The bad news, Alabama once at the top of almost every recruits list, isn't recruiting. Florida State can't take all the good recruits can they?
    6)[​IMG] The Hurricanes took care of business defeating NC State. This win further proves that the ACC is not a average conference, but a conference with one super power surrounded by below average programs.
    7)[​IMG] The Trojan's took care of business this week defeating Arizona State 47-17. Arizona State is known for it's hot women and it's bad football team. Not impressed. But I gotta give a shout out to Coach C Young, one of Coach Watch's biggest fans.

8)[​IMG] How the hell did Texas get into Coach Watch? This just in, Coach DWreck grew tired of one of the prestigious universities in all of college football, the University of Michigan. For now he is coaching Texas, not sure if this is how Coach Carousel was designed.
    9)[​IMG] Coach Clay and Clemson lost to Virginia. Clemson is terrible.
    10)[​IMG] Rumor has it that Stephen Garcia's dismissal from the Gamecocks has something to do with ex coach Cocky Marine, a 12 pack of Michelob Ultra, and dime bag.

12. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Wow this guy is a bigger douche than what Deangelo Vickers was.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

I would not be counting FSU finishing the recruiting class as #1, Alabama has some surprises up his sleeve. It is not always about the 5 star but about the talent and skills behind the stars, and Bama is signing some very nice recruits. We also have some 5 stars that should be singing in the next few weeks with Bama to really make a big jump in the recruiting trail.

14. BigKing

aka Freshman Standout Fullback Kris Newby

15. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I'd say a flaw in the recruiting system and two simmed offseasons put you on that candy coated pedestal you've placed yourself on. It's a long way down from the "top" don't fall off...... O and good luck.

16. BigKing

I would agree it's a bad idea to sim your offseason, well unless you've already signed your whole recruiting class like the Seminoles do. The true secret to success...... Just win baby!!

17. C Young

C Young Walk On

Don't worry - USC and George Farmer (i pray to the lord he doesnt break his fking vertebrae for a THIRD time) is making its way back to the top. I've been at the helm of the recruiting rankings and I plan on getting there again. First i think i have to stop losing games in OT to LSU and OSU.....

18. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

You would say that. I'd like to see you let ALL of your top returning underclassmen go and maintain your winners smirk. The true secret to success is not going to work on the night we advance the offseason. We will meet soon.

19. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Go Tigers!!!

20. BigKing

It's good see to some action in this league again.

21. C Young

C Young Walk On

Yeah it is - lets get some more trash talkers like Infinite to join.....just not big babies who will wahhhh over nada lol.

22. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

I want those FSU pussies on the schedule next season, show'em how Bama rolls!!! Heck I hope I make it to the big game, it is a possibility because of the strength of schedule. I know, I know it is an outside shot but heck might as well go for the gusto!!! I did not even realize that my running back was leading the heisman again. If Richardson would not have gotten hurt and missed a few weeks we would have won back to back Heisman's but I think EA has a glitch to kill returning Heisman winners. Roll Dam Tide!!!

• Like Like x 2
  23. BigKing

Coach Watch Week 10

1) [​IMG] Once again the Seminoles dominate a conference opponent, once again it's a blow out, once again it's a shut out.

2) [​IMG] Coach PNC and the Utes have been impressive this season and are in the drivers seat looking towards the PAC 12 title. Could this be the season that Utah needs to one day recruit against BCS programs?

3) [​IMG] Coach Dwreck seems to be fitting in nicely in Texas, but word is he's still living out of a hotel and refuses to buy a house. Could this mean Coach Dwreck isn't absolutely committed to the Long Horns for the long haul?

You will see that Coach Watch is a bit short this week. If your team is missing, then it either means you had a bye in week 10 or it means you are a slacker who didn't post a game summary. Not posting a game summary moving forward will preclude you from receiving my praise, insults, and funny banter.​

24. C Young

C Young Walk On

Utah wont be winning the Pac-12 title.....USC actually has a nice lil reservation there already :)

25. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Real estate is expensive in Austin...and I am not in a rush to move out of the Chi Omega sorority house they have me staying in.