Coaches Activity (All Coaches Read and Discuss)

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Guys ive noticed that here recently our activity has gone down hill. Im doing everything i can to keep all of us active and keep interest high. So what I need to know from you guys is what can I do to revive everyone here. Are you guys tired of the rebuilding concept ? Would you rather start all over be big name schools and redo the format of the dynasty ? Im looking for ideas to keep us moving, motivated, and active. So lets all talk this out and find out what needs to be done.

2. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I agree with you sabo, it just doesn't seem people are as into it. With that being said though I really don't want to restate, I want to keep trying to move up the ladder to bigger schools

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

i think we just need to hold the people that are responsible for content accountable. i know things at work have been pretty hectic for me nearing the holidays, but i'll try to up my game as well. lets go guys! anyways going to the oregon-cal game now :D

4. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I have to say as soon as I became a lame duck coach at Northern Illinois I did lose interest. It wasn't very compelling for me to play out a season where I knew I wasn't returning, and that I had no chance of going to any bowl game except the Pizza Bowl. I didn't really want to leave the program I had started to build, but I knew that I'd never play in a BCS bowl game at NIU. Plus I had no User/User games. In hindsight, I probably would have preferred starting at a bad school in a BCS conference and building that up over a career and never leaving.

Right now I don't know the guys on my team. I didn't recruit them. They don't all fit my system. I don't have a lot invested in my team right now. I'm still getting used to it. But I'm excited to play two users this year and it's cool that people are ranked now.

I think there three reasons that activity has dropped:

- All the changing/new teams. And the fact that some of us have good teams and some of us have not so good teams.
    - We lost a ton of momentum with the season change and then Kick-off Classic being the only game. I didn't play a game for almost a week.
    - Black OPs came out

I don't want to start over. But maybe if any new guys want to join, they shouldn't have to start as a two star team in a non-BCS conference. Because that's just wasting two years. It's extremely easy to meet the requirement to move up anyway, so it feels like you're just putting in the time. Just let them start with a three-star team in any conference they want.

But I'm pretty sure that forcing people to write content isn't going to improve the level of interest.

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Those are valid points. However when we all started this dynasty we all knew the dynasty description. We have all changed teams before and the activity was fine. The activity has fell to a stand still. I realize we lost alot of momentum with having only one game in week 1 but in all reality it only took 48 hours for them to play if i recall. Seems as if even posting is becoming a chore for some. This thread was posted yesterday and only a few of the coaches have responded. This is what im talking about. The little things like being active and contributing to conversation concerning the dynasty seems to be a task.

Something needs to get figured out ASAP. I refuse to let this dynasty fall into a dead space like some of the dynasties have done on TF.

6. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

I think it all comes down to holding those who aren't contributing accountable for that. And if they don't pick it up, we might have to start looking for some new contributors that want to stick around and be active.

Personally I don't think there's any reason to blow anything up, I think it's great I now have two users in the Pac 10, and I've already noticed that there are going to be some good recruiting battles there, not to mention the actual games. I think the biggest slow down was the fact that we only had one game in week one. If you didn't have a bowl game or played your bowl game quickly it was almost three or four days if not more before you got to play again. I know there were a couple days there I was itching to play my game, but couldn't because I had the bye week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.