Coaches Bolting from the MWC???

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Papa Perry, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Coaches Bolting from the MWC???

- Colorado Springs, Colorado

Recent rumors are that 2 coaches of the MWC have been contacted about potential job openings in more prestigious conferences. One can assume that the 2 coaches in questions would be Coach Dru of the Houston Cougars and Coach Papa of the Nevada Wolf Pack.

Coach Dru drove the Cougars through a tough schedule that included Big 12 member Oklahoma. The season was very successful as Houston finished undefeated and ranked #3 in the BCS. One can only assume that the reason Coach Dru is leaving is because he is loosing star QB Case Keenum among other great seniors that helped get them to their highest BCS ranking in school history. Even with that it would have to be an offer from a historically great school that has a solid tradition and only needs a superb leader like Coach Dru to push theirselves back to the top.

Coach Papa has some pretty good reasons as well. His team finished 8-4 but 4th in the MWC. His team didn't manage to beat any of the 3 schools ahead of them but there were 2 games that were really close and the 3rd finished in a blowout against Houston once Nevada had electrical difficulties and were unable to call in plays from the booth late in the 4th. Coach Papa has been mulling over this decision for a while after losing tough recruiting battles for in-state prospects. "If you can't keep a pipeline in your own state, its hard to stay competitive," Coach Papa told the press, "I just think that this opportunity may be my last and I need to strike while the iron's hot." Sources say that Papa has been contacted by schools from the Pac-10, Big 12, and the ACC.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

oh snap

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

In other news contract negotiations are going hard and fast (haha, hard and fast lol) at UNLV to try and sweeten the contract and retain Coach Jman. Unlike former counterparts Dru and Perry, Jman has been approached from within the Mountain West conference. How this will lpay out no-one yet knows. When asked coach Jman issued a very PR oriented answer in "I'm not going to talk about that with the bowl season coming up, you guys know that. I will say we had a good enough year on the recruiting trail to run Nevada out of their own state as a pipeline and have some really good looking kids headed our way and thet will play a major part. I won't tell you its nothing, but I won't tell you anything is a done deal either."

Crazy times ahead?

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Here we go.... I swear coaches have no loyalty or honor these days. Just use up a team for their talent, then jump to the next best qb/talent when the talent leave. Very honorable to do the students, athlete's, and fans that way. Why even sign multi year contracts... just all coaches do one year contracts everywhere they go!

5. Jman

Coaches are assholes. You can't stay for a kid because there's always going to be abother kid you'll want to stay for.

I know, I am one LOL.

6. Papa Perry

My contract was for one year so...:p

7. BDSDIGITAL

Well I'm not going anywhere. Although we had a disappointing ending to our season when I inexplicably got waxed by BYU, then missed a game while I frolicked about Key West. The Athletic dept was quite happy with our recruiting this year, and our 8-4 record that saw us climb as high as #9 in the polls.

I'll be signing a contract extension before next season starts to coach the Bulldogs!

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Coach Dru was stopped by local Houston media after practice today, who wanted a response to the rumors that he may be leaving the team after their bowl game. Coach Dru was emphatic, "I don't know where these rumors are coming from, I'm the coach of the Houston Cougars today and for the forseeable future. I have no plans to go anywhere."

In other news, Coach Dru was seen reading the new book co-authored by Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino entitled "Coaching Loyalty in the Modern Age".

9. Dru50

Also, rumors abound that the dynasty will have a 12th member following the bowl games, stay tuned.

10. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

HaHa!!!! Now that's funny. Classic.

11. Dru50

Los Angeles, CA - There was a dichotomy of emotions seen in the Houston locker room after a fitting end to the Cougar's dream season. Heisman QB Case Keenum had a career day, leading his team to it's first BCS bowl win. Keenum was overheard telling Coach Dru after the game, "Better make room on your mantle for more of these trophies Coach, right?" At the time, Houston reporters thought that they might be referring to Keenum's Heisman award, but the sight of the Houston AD sobbing in a dark corner of the locker room hours later painted a different possibility.

Later in the evening, the USC Trojans announced that coach Lane Kiffin was being jettisoned one year into his deal. "He of all people should understand that there isn't loyalty in this business" was all USC AD Pat Haden would say. Reports would swirl into the late hours that Coach Dru had not boarded the team charter back to Houston, and that he was meeting with USC boosters who were trying to sway him to stay in Southern California.

The following morning, Coach Dru called a press conference, announcing that he would be taking over as head coach at the University of Southern California, effective immediately. He thanked the University of Houston and his players for the great season, and wishing the incoming recruits well. "Houston has a great up and coming program, but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to bring the USC Trojans back to the top of the college mountain. Last year showed me that if I want to realize my dream of BCS glory, Houston will be unable to provide that with the conference in which they play. USC is in one of the top conferences in the country, and the teams has shown the willingness to do what is necessary, on and off the field, to bring in the talent necessary to win."

12. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

So USC, and one can only assume that Perry will be heading to the pac 10 since his 1 year contract just expired :rolleyes: .... Oregon Maybe??

13. BDSDIGITAL

hmmmmmm sounds about right....or so I heard.

14. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

So much for the David vs Goliath theme, huh?!?!

15. Dru50

The decision was made that several of you REALLY didn't want to restart, and Perry, myself and jman decided about halfway through this year that with how bad recruits at the lower levels are we just weren't really interested in continuing with these teams, since there is no way to really improve the teams long term (we are midway through season 2 in the deuce and already beginning to see this). In the interest of everyone having teams that will interest them long term we allowed all those who voted to restar a chance to switch teams if they wished.

I think this is a fair option for everyone, and in the best interest of the league long term.

16. Jman

In recent events, on a day off for the Rebels Coach Jman was seen flying into an airport alot closer to home.

In an honest assessment, I can honestly tell you guys I am 100% undecided on what will happen.

17. Jman

After a truly lackluster performance in a very ugly 28-21 win over North Texas, Coach Jman did not go home with the Rebel's. Instead he headed alot closer to his home of Oklahoma.

According to ESPN, Coach Jman is now...

A Horned Frog.

He will be taking over a TCU program coming off a shockingly disappointing season that included losses against Houston and Jman's former Rebels. Offensively Jman's Reb's put up a 1600 yard rusher and 3400+ yard passer and will inherit some very nice athletes in the backfield at TCU that should fit into his scheme nicely. Rumor does state that the 4-2-5 is out and the Multiple D is in.

We shall see.

18. Papa Perry

Go Bruins

Coach Papa has announced that he will take over the 3-9 UCLA Bruins.