Coaches Corner: Coach_III

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    At the start of the 2013 season, Coach_III took over for the Oregon State Beavers, previously coached by the Parrothead. He seems to be an avid Kevin Hart fan (ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT) but we now sit down with the new head coach, to get to know him better, to pick his brain about his team, his philosophies and everything/anything else we can think of.

Thank you for sitting down with me Coach_III. Tell us a bit about yourself.
    ---Im 28 year old from Georgia, really enjoy football both college and pros, it is indeed my favorite sport.

You took over a solid Oregon State Beavers team that while didn't have the top tier talent to standout like a Stanford, they did compete with anyone on the field. What can you bring to Oregon State that will elevate them into a national title contender?
    ---Well we have a solid program here already at Oregon State, with depth at the running back position. That is good, because, running backs will be the driver of my offense that I am going to implement at the start of next season. Our goal will always be win the PAC-12, then what happens after that we will deal with then.

What are your coaching philosophies and are you the type of coach that can adapt to a certain roster or do you have a set offensive/defensive gameplan which you believe is the key to success?
    ---People say that I am somewhat of a gimmicky coach, (so I was told) I run alot of option plays, call qb runs, screens and reverses, and do trickery .more that most coaches. Coaches have said I was crazy because I call plays that really don't have a high percentage of working, but I still feel like I can execute them. I have been studying the option run quite a bit. I will install it as soon as I am comfortable with it.

Talk about your conference. You have tough teams like Oregon and USC there but you also have the likes of ASU (coached by jfosh), Utah (coached by MaxATX34) and Stanford (coached by HotRod). How long or short can fans expect to see your Beavers become part of the elite?
    ---We planned to become part of the elite starting know. That's what we work for. Im not too familiar of the coaches just yet, but look at what they did in the past is pretty remarkable, looks like we have some tough games ahead.

Who are some players that you feel will be the cornerstones of this team for the next 3-4 years?
    ---Agnew. The kid is fast as lighting. He can hit the hole super quick.

What's your favorite team in the NFL?
    ---Oakland Raiders.. "Just Win Baby"

What are some gameplay improvements you would like to see with the NCAA franchise? Do you think EA is close to making this game as sim as possible?
    ---I would like to see a overhaul in the passing. With the improve defense, the passing needs to be redone to balance it out a bit. One thing I would like for EA to answer is to why Madden always more polished product than NCAA. Its made by the same company, I dont get it. I mean don't the developers converse with one another?

Last but not least, you have the floor Coach_III. I'll leave this time to let you say what you feel about anything.
    ---Im glad to be in the Tradition. Long time coming. Heres To many years with this dynasty

@Coach_III initially to me seemed like a throwback but more and more he seems like he's more of an innovater. He likes to work behind the element of surprise and it sounds like he will live and die by that philosophy. It's a unique brand of football that will be brought to the Oregon State Beavers and I believe that they should embrace it, much like how Oregon embraced their offense...look at where it has put them recently. Oregon State has a tough road ahead with the trio of coaches in that conference but I feel the Beavers will surprise many.

Also guys if there are any questions you have and want to be answered by our coaches here at T1, please PM me your questions! Thank you and be sure to check in for our next installment of Coaches' Corner

• Like Like x 7
  2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

A-freaking-men. This site needs more Raider fans. :)

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Our intrepid interviewer with another successful Q&A session!

4. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Outstanding Mo!!!