Coaches Corner

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Jan 28, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Coaches Corner

Essentially i drew up 10 questions for 4 owners in the Deuce.... and i asked them 10 questions as we head into the conference championships.... i will draw up 10 more questions and ask 4 different owners these questions right before the next season starts.... and then i will ask 10 different questions for the remaining 3 owners and a outsider who is just watching the dynasty go along right around midseason next year..... if an outsider wants to volunteer that wouuld be awesome if not, i will choose someone at random... if we get more than one, so be it...

2. JrRawlins

if the coaches who i sent the questions too dont want their names attached to them send them back to me and i will post them as my own..... if you dont mind, then copy and post them here......thanks fellas...

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Deuce?

JrRawlins. He does the most with the players he has.

Question #2 What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?

Both of my division rivalries with Coach Mutt and Coach JKHaalis have given me chest pains. No matter what the teams are rated or where the game is, all of those games comes down to the wire and who makes the least mistakes.

Question #3 With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far?

Just not having the right pieces of the puzzle at the right time. The year we went to the title game against Virginia Tech, our defense was outstanding and high intensity and our offense was just okay. Now that we have a dynamic, explosive offense, our defense is inexperienced and lacking an identity. Also having to play one of the powerhouses in the Big XII West for the conference title every year doesn't help matters.

Question #4 What teams have you owned so far in the Deuce?

Texas for the CPU. They try, but they always fall short. I don't own user teams, though. All my user games are typically knock-out, drag-down fights.

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the Deuce what would it be?

Nothing, I feel like we are one of the best dynasties out there. Maybe the activity recently, but I know that will revive soon.

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?

Kris Hughes is a phenomenal player and has tremendous upside. If his arm develops into what he is capable of, he could be one of the best QBs in the history of NCAA.

Question #7 What is your team's biggest strength?

Running the ball. We have five great ball carriers and three of them can be on the field and get the ball at any time. Another strength is being able to recruit and replenish talent.

Question #8 What is your team's biggest weaknesses?

This year, the passing game. With Hughes being hurt for most of the season it's been tough trying to sling it around when we need to. True frosh QB Patrick McDaniels has done more than I asked of him after stepping in for Hughes, but he is still a freshmen and needs to grow as a QB.

Question #9 Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?

Deeper recruiting, more tweakable gameplay, formation subs, situational subs, 90 man rosters, violations and grade qualifications to name a few.

Question #10 Who has been your favorite player of the Deuce so far?

FS Matt Atkins was fun in '09. He was the fastest player on the field and could do everything but throw the ball. In 2010, OLB Tyrell Woods, HB Marvin Patterson and QB Kris Hughes have all been real fun.

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

Freaking DT Paul Matthews. A scholarship limit screw-up that I will never forget.

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Great stuff JR. You come up with some killer ideas since you been in the Duece. I've been impressed.

5. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Damn Jr, this is great stuff....... You get it done on the field and on the boards.

6. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I know I should prolly answer Drifter for all these answers as we approach our CCG. but here we go...

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Deuce?

- JR would be on one side of the coin and OM would be on the other. I'm going to give the edge to OM, I have learned a lot from playing him every year and the skill he uses to recruit is still baffling to me.

-Virgina (JR), no lead is safe when we play, I feel like every time I tell myself "if you stop him here its over" and I'm about 0-12 in those situations.

Question #3 With your team on the brink of a undefeated season and your second national title, would that cement you as the Deuce's best player?

- No, still have a ton of work to do but a couple more wins could move me up that list a bit though. I dont think that any team will ever be "cemented" in that position, that is what makes the deuce great.

Question #4 What team have you owned so far in the Deuce?

- Owned is not even close to the right word, but I have won a number of games against Mutt that I shouldent have. Everytime I have beat him it could have easily gone the other way and I know this has been pretty frusterating form him, but owned, never.

- I have just sat here for 10 minutes trying to think of something and cant. I guess that I wish recruiting wasn't so random and had some sort of rhyme or reason to it. Like After JR won the NC and none of the new recruits added wanted to go to his school. The Ducks have never finished out of the top 6 and still cannot compete recruiting wise with the USC's and Georgia's of the world, but now we are splitting hairs, no real complaints, this is the best group of 12 guys you could ask for.

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?

- I'm going to go with Flo here. He is very conservative, which works for him and he is excellent at it, but I would love to see him get more aggressive for a season. I will never forget the game I was up like 30 in the second half and he was airing it out on me, he was literally unstoppable.

- I don't think anyone will be surprised when I say running the ball. I feel pretty confident that I can run on anyone and it helps keep me in just about every game.

- At times I take too many risks and sometimes they really come back to bite me. A good example is up 2 scores against JR and running the clock out for some reason unbeknown to me I picked a pass play I have literally never ran before (or since) and threw a pick, lost the game by a point.

- Not really on the list because I know it will never happen, but a playoff. I'm also ready for a change in recruiting, one of my favorite parts of the game I would just like to see it expanded.

- HB David Lawrence. He was on another level, I look back on that season where he averaged 185+ yards a game and still don't know how I pulled that off, fell short of Barry Sanders by 100 yards and did not have more than 25-30 carries in a game that season.

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

I cant remember his name (I think I blocked it out), Morrow maybe? I had a decent lead and did everything I could to get him and Drifter snagged him from me. I think he came in as an 85 overall OLB. He was the guys that I identified Week 1 and had him as number 1 all season, needless to say this has changed how I go after recruits if A & M are going after him.

**Great idea JR, I will put together something similar to send back your way to get in your head a little bit.

7. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

JRawlins. He takes 2-star players and turns them into studs. He recruits players that I would never think of recruiting, and turns them into studs. He is a SIM player who plays fair.

Bogey (Oregon). I beat him our first time, and even during that game I was fortunate I started with such a huge lead. I would say JRawlins and BBJ, but I play them so much, it is hard to judge them now. I still think JRawlins and BBJ are two of the top three in the league, but Bogey's running attack gives me drives me nuts.

Question #3 With your team on the brink of a undefeated season and your second national title, would that cement you as the Deuce's best player?
    Nope. In my opinion, the top three players, in no order, are JRawlins, BBJ, and Lawdog. I consider myself in the middle of the pack.

Question #4 What team have you owned so far in the Deuce?
    That's a tough question because I don't feel like I have really owned anyone in the league. I think the only player I've beaten every time is Bondzai, but some of our games are still close.

I wish we were playing real conferences. I was all on board for the custom conferences at first, then after a few seasons, it just seemed weird having Virginia Tech vs. Pittsburgh as a SEC Conference game.

Another good question. The two players I know best are BBJ and JRawlins because we played in NCAA 2009 and NCAA 2010. I would have to say Mutt, but I have not played him in a while. I know when I played him in the past he would run the ball up the gut (the exact same style I play), and he did it well. I do think if he opened it up some (he may do that now), he would be unstoppable.

Passing. I like to run the ball, and set up the pass, however, when it comes to user games, everyone stacks the box against me, and it forces me to throw the ball.

Without a doubt, pass defense. I've changed up the way I play defense this season, and it seems to have helped. I still give up way too many yards and points.

Better visuals, and to revamp the recruiting. Also, I am so sick of breaking the same all-time passing record each week (you can only break it once!). I really think they should do what Madden did this year, and just revamp the whole visual aspect of the game. Who the hell cares about a band that spells "WIN." Plus, get rid of the damn suction blocking the o-linemen do. My linebackers and linemen get stuck on the o-linemen and it's annoying as hell. I'm not saying I should have a sack every play, but when I blitz, the o-linemen should not be able to block everyone every time.

Bondzai. He had a challenge running the option with GT, however, he never gives up. Big props to him.
    Also, without Drifter, I'm not sure if this league would run as smoothly.

A couple DB's I would have liked. However, I really just forget about players that don't come to my school.

Btw, JRawlins, this is good idea. Feel free for anyone to comment on my answers. I should have been more controversial to stir up some conversation, ha.

8. JrRawlins

first thanks for answering so quickly fellas..... i thought i send one to Lawdog or BBJ... cant remember which....

next up on this list of coaches for the offseason questions....
    Flo, Shaun, Mutt, JK

9. JrRawlins

sidenote: just tryin to do my part to make the Deuce awesome.... that is all....

10. JrRawlins

did Lawdog or BBJ get a set of questions from me..... i cant remember if i sent them to you...

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I did not get anything...

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I did not get anything...

13. JrRawlins

coaches corner questions part II sent out.... to Jk, FLo, Bondzai and BBJ.....

14. Flo308

I will hopefully get them done by tonight when I get home.

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Question #1 - If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Deuce?
    That's a tough question, this dynasty is loaded with great players. The fact that 5 different guys have a BCS title speaks to that. Sanders, Drifter, JR, and Lawdog are the first ones that come to mind.

Question #2 - What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?
    Shit, who hasn't would be the easier question. Sanders and Drifter handed me the worst beatdowns I think. JR and BBJ were the biggest heartbreaking close losses.

Question #3 - With five coaches having 1 BCS title in their program's history, who will be the first coach to win their second and why?
    I think that Drifter is in good shape to get another one this season. If I remember correctly he's got some key guys returning and his draft classes are always solid.

Question #4 - What teams have you owned so far in the Deuce?
    Hahahahhahahahahahhahhahaahahahahahaahhahah. Hold on, I just had to pick myself up off of the floor. I have 1 user win in the Deuce and that was against Basis's FSU team in season 1. He has since quit the dynasty, most likely from shear embarrassment so I would have to say I owned Basis right out of the Deuce.

Question #5 - If you could change one thing about the Deuce what would it be?
    Hmmm, besides the talent on my roster I can't think of anything.

Question #6 - Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?
    I don't know what BBJ needs to change, but with the number of :5stars: recruits he gets every year he should have multiple BCS titles.

Question #7 - What is your team's biggest strength?
    Well I don't have one player on my roster that has an OVR in the 90s, so strengths are few and far between. I am looking for a big year from QB Sam Edwards as I am going to look to pass the ball more this season.

Question #8 - What is your team's biggest weaknesses?
    D-line and Safety. There's a good chance I break the record for most points allowed. JR is going to have a field day throwing the ball on me.

Question #9 - Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?
    I'm not a greedy person. All I ask is that they fix the FUCKING LAME DUCK INTERCEPTIONS!!!!!!!

Question #10 - Who has been your favorite player of the Deuce so far?
    That's easy, FB Jonathan Dwyer. I believe I got 7 wins my first year....nuff said.

I don't remember but it was most likely one of the 184 guys that JR has jacked from me.

Bonus Question -- Who has the easier path to the BCS title game... SEC programs or BIG XII programs?
    I will probably say SEC for the simple fact that they get to play Georgia Tech and Florida State every year.

16. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Missouri's Coaches Corner

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Deuce? I say BBJ. He seems to always be in the talks for the BCS title.

Question #2 What player/coach has given you the most fits so far? Drifter. We almost had it last year, but he always pulls away towards the end of the game.

Question #3 With five coaches having 1 BCS title in their program's history, who will be the first coach to win their second and why? BBJ. He pulls in enough 5 star recruits, so I believe he will be the 1st.

Question #4 What teams have you owned so far in the Deuce? I have owned no1 in this league since I joined. I have maybe 2 or 3 user wins since I been in the Duece.

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the Deuce what would it be? The 1 thing I would change would be that we play on Heisman. I play on Heisman on my offline dynasty & I get great competition from the CPU without feeling cheesed.

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great? RE Marcus Morgan. If he had a better bull rush, he would be unstoppable.

Question #7 What is your team's biggest strength? DLINE. My DLINE, I believe, is one of the best in the league. My guys are tall & fast of the edge.

Question #8 What is your team's biggest weaknesses? WR. Last 2 years my WRs corp have been horrible & that’s bad when you run a spread offense.

Question #9 Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011? Improved recruiting, OLINE AI, Get rid of suction blocking please & the lame duck INT.

Question #10 Who has been your favorite player of the Deuce so far? CB Jake George from NCAA 2009. 5 start recruit & #1 CB in the nation. Started right away & was the best CB Missouri has ever had.

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better? No top players ever want to come to Missouri. I’m mostly am a 3 star recruit guy.

Bonus Question -- Who has the easier path to the BCS title game... SEC programs or BIG XII programs? SEC. Big XII seems like all the teams with exception of mine is always fighting it out for the top spot.

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I am going to say OM and JR. Both coaches can do alot without the great talent that they eventually bring to their programs.

OM is like 20-0 against me and the games are usually not close. His ownage over me was solidified in the 1st season when he came back from a 20+ deficit in like the last 5 min of our bowl game..

Question #3 With five coaches having 1 BCS title in their program's history, who will be the first coach to win their second and why?
    I am going to say JR as i think keller will take him there.

Question #4 What teams have you owned so far in the Deuce?
    what teams haven't owned? Bondzai, but thats mostly because of the talent. he gave me some fits the 1st couple yrs when his teams were not raped in recruiting from JR.. Never lost to Bogey so i guess you can add him...

keep real confrences

Lane if he cut out giving up 10+ sacks he would be great.
    I am going to say my Defense led by Haynes

going with a RSFR QB so as of right now QB, but might be my tackles if they don't help him out..

Better OLine play and cut the qb hit ints down a lot.

Haynes is by far my favorite player in '10. The guy hits hard and can play the passing lanes

Parker is the guy i wanted most and would have been killer next to Haynes

Bonus Question -- Who has the easier path to the BCS title game... SEC programs or BIG XII programs?
    hard answer as i think with how the sec championship goes i have knocked sanders out twice both times after he took my chances away a week or 2 before. big 12 has more top teams so i'll go with the sec...

18. JrRawlins

once Flo answers i will ask the final three owners fairly similar questions......

then the 1st 4 owners will get a new set of questions right around the 2016 BCS title game.....

19. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Does he have 1 BCS title???

If I recall it goes...

1- Flo
    2- Computer team
    3 - JR
    4 - Sanders
    5 - Bogey
    6 - OM
    7 - Drifter

Not sure im correct on those...

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

he knows i am going to put up back to back NC titles...(y)

21. Bondzai

Will you be asking me about Georgia Tech's meteoric rise to the top?

[​IMG]

22. Flo308

Question #1 - If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Deuce?I thought it was JR, but as the seasons have passed I really do think everyone has improved their game. But asking me right now, I would have to say Bogey.

Question #2 - What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?
    Not even close....... JR. Have never beat him and probably never will.

Question #3 - With five coaches having 1 BCS title in their program's history, who will be the first coach to win their second and why?I would but my money on two guys, Bogey or Drifter. Bogey has the best team he has ever had and Drifter just reload from last season. Both guys are great players and have very good teams.

Question #4 - What teams have you owned so far in the Deuce?
    Not to pick on anyone but I have never lost to Bondzai (surprisingly) or Khaalis. Although Khaalis and I have had some great games and he is a very good player, I just think I do well against his style of play. As for Bondzai, all I can say it is fun playing him.

Question #5 - If you could change one thing about the Deuce what would it be?
    I would not change anything, this is the most fun I have ever had playing. Period!!!!!!

Question #6 - Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?
    I think if Bondzai could score more than his opponent he would be unstoppable.

Question #7 - What is your team's biggest strength?
    Well I think my running game is going to have to carry us. John Burns is back for his Junior year and is looking to make a run for the Heisman. Although I did upgrade my Wideouts from last season and they too should be strong.

Question #8 - What is your team's biggest weaknesses?
    As much as I should not say this publicly, my Linebackers suck and still have no Quarterback. Although I think the QB situation will hurt us more, my Linebackers won't be far behind.

Question #9 - Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?
    I wish for more depth with our rosters and a playoff championship for our league play.

Question #10 - Who has been your favorite player of the Deuce so far?
    The funny thing is I have yet to fall in love with one player. Maybe he awaits this year.

Not one guy comes to mind.

Bonus Question -- Who has the easier path to the BCS title game... SEC programs or BIG XII programs?The SEC by far has an easy path to the title game, not even close. The big 12 has all the ballers.. Nah, just kidding.. I really do believe it just depends on the year, sometimes it's the Big 12 and other years it's the SEC. Either conference is solid and we all have great players balling it up.

23. Bondzai

[​IMG]

24. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

25. JrRawlins

we are quickly coming up on another session of the Coaches Corner.midseason addition.... the last 4 coaches are...... Lawdog, Mutt, myself and Shaun expect the questions.... i would say before Monday.... gonna try to stir up somethin this time around.....:)