Coaches Power Poll (S3:W11)

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Dwreck, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Sorry I have been slackin' on this the last week or so, but Thanksgiving week was nuts. I took a fresh look and added the records versus other users and versus top 25 teams (ranked in the top 25 for that week, not ranked when you beat them).

#1 IXI DECAY IXI (#7, OVR: 7-1, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 1-0) - Best record, best ranking, you do have a user win and play in arguably the toughest conference.

[​IMG]

#2 Hokie Effect (OVR: 4-3, USER: 2-1, TOP 25: 2-2) - Really?! A 3-loss team at #2?! Yep! You would have had the top spot if it wasn't for those pesky K. State Wildcats. You have filled in admirably in the three games (2-1) that you have had full reigns. You clearly have played the most meaningful games and the 2 user wins over #1 and #3 are enough to get you to #2.

[​IMG]

#3 Jman (#25, OVR: 5-2, USER: 0-2, TOP 25: 3-0) - The choice for numbers 3-8 are all extremely difficult considering that there are 5 teams with 2 losses. Therefore, we have to look at the wins. Granted, you do not have a user win, but the going 3-0 against teams like (Oklahoma, Florida and TCU) is more impressive than what anyone else has done. Throw in games against un-ranked Texas and Arkansas who I am sure have plenty of talent and you clearly have the scheduling advantage.

[​IMG]

#4 Baron - (NR, OVR: 6-2, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 0-1) - I give you the nod for the nice head to head win over yours truly. Next year more emphasis will be placed on strength of schedule and good wins so make sure you sneak some better teams on there.

[​IMG]

#5 Dwreck - (#24, OVR: 5-2, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 1-1) - Oh what a difference a point makes. A tough 1-point loss to undefeated #3 Illinois leaves me in the 2-loss cluster and hinders (but not destroys) my coach goal of going 50% against top 25 teams.

[​IMG]

#6 ChuckDzzNutz - (NR, OVR: 5-2, USER: 2-1, TOP 25: 0-0) - Obviously a great record versus users, but 0-1 against teams above you in the power poll and no games versus top 25 leaves you here.

[​IMG]

#7 papaloke - (NR, OVR: 6-3, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 0-1) - The top 25 loss is to undefeated and #1 Auburn so no shame there. You do also have a nice win over ChuckDzzNutz. The loss to UCF cost you an extra spot though.

[​IMG]

#8 GMangs - (NR, OVR: 6-2, USER: 0-2, TOP 25: 0-0) - Good record, but who did ya' beat? No users and no one in the Top 25...and the loss to Akron doesn't help.

[​IMG]

#9 Matthew Keves - (NR, OVR: 2-6, USER: 1-0, TOP 25: 0-0) - Twice as many losses as anyone else...'nuff said.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

No New Mexico St?

3. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I didn't think it was fair to put him and whoever is Western Michigan (yes, I forgot his name) in the poll because they have both been on AP for a while now unless I am mistaken?

4. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

GatorJes, and he just left town for a week . . . it's in the vacation and absences thread . . . The other guy (Coacher) has been gone since like the middle of last season)

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Next season I am going Independent and having ALL user games. Sure as hell can't beat the cpu only playing one side of the ball!!!

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

1. Bring it Hokie. 2. Blame Jman for my SOS. At the rate I'm going, I'll have FIU in the SEC shortly.

7. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I thought his Xbox died for a while? I might be getting him confused with someone in my other dynasty though. I will put him back in if I can get to it, but if not this week then next week.

8. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Back on top is what I like to see!

9. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Duke was #19

10. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

They are sitting at 6-3 right now and are probably just outside of the top 25 after 3 straight loses. Hopefully they can sneak back in to boost your schedule strength.

11. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Nope, hell will freeze over before I put FIU in the SEC. Just sayin'.

Pardon me for your SOS with all the whining you were doing about how terrible you'd be this year....

12. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

I know. You said I haven't beat anyone in the top 25. They were 19 when I beat them.

13. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Yes, but as I said in the original post at the very top that I am only counting teams that are currently ranked in the top 25 during that week, not ranked there when you beat them. However, if Duke works their way back in next week then I will update and count them as a top 25 win.

14. Jman

Hell, its your power rankings, call em as you see them. None of us should get hurt over this since we aren't the ones doing the work and I don't see anyone coming up with a rival power poll....hehe

I will say, the coaches carousel preview is going to be very interesting, its in the works now...hehehe

• Like Like x 1
  15. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Well I say Baron should drop since Jman has been playing all his games. Ha.

16. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Psssh... fine, let my 6* FIU crush the Sun Belt each year and give me a ton of 5* to abuse in user games. I'm cool with that. :D

And hey, you of all people should know not to take me seriously in ANYTHING.

Well I say you can go to hell. :p

17. Jman

I'll remember not to help YOU out when you need it then....hehehehe

Whatever, you know you're all business, all the time.

18. papaloke

You guys are trying to 1 up my swag level.

19. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

They are Swackin' you my dude

20. papaloke

Ha....I had to urban dictionary that one:

Swackin

verb: Swackin mean swagger jacking, when someone is copying your swagg they are swackin
    Man, dudes hella lame swackin me and shit

• Like Like x 2