Coaches Power Poll (S3:W12)

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Dwreck, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

#1 IXI DECAY IXI (#6, OVR: 8-1, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 1-0) - You stay on top with another win. It would be nice to see some more top 25 games though.

[​IMG]

#2 Jman (#25, OVR: 5-2, USER: 0-2, TOP 25: 4-1) - Another top 25 win improves your resume, it will be hard to catch Decay though with no user wins.

[​IMG]

#3 Baron - (NR, OVR: 7-2, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 0-1) - Another mediocre win, but Hokie's loss moves you up.

[​IMG]

#4 Dwreck - (#24, OVR: 6-2, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 1-1) - I will admit, this part of my schedule is not that great, but I did get the win.

[​IMG]

#5 GMangs - (NR, OVR: 6-2, USER: 0-2, TOP 25: 1-0) - You move up 3 whole spots, but not because you questioned my ranking criteria. It is because UCONN slips into the top 25 and having at least 1 win versus a user or top 25 is good enough to put you ahead of teams with worse records than you...and you got some help with others losing.

[​IMG]

#6 papaloke - (NR, OVR: 6-3, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 0-1) - Idle.

[​IMG]

#7 Hokie Effect (OVR: 4-4, USER: 2-1, TOP 25: 2-2) - Oh how the mighty have fallen. Once is an aberration, twice is a trend and three times is a pattern. I am referring to your losses to poor teams which are just too numerous to overlook any longer. With a tough schedule ahead, if you don't get your crap together you could end up watching the bowl games on t.v. instead of going to one.

[​IMG]

#8 ChuckDzzNutz - (NR, OVR: 5-3, USER: 2-1, TOP 25: 0-0) - Tough loss to San Diego State moves you down.

[​IMG]

#9 Matthew Keves - (NR, OVR: 3-6, USER: 1-0, TOP 25: 0-0) - Looks like you are getting the upper hand on the CPU. Nice work, that win gets you out of the bottom spot.

[​IMG]

#10 GatorJes - (NR, OVR: 2-6, USER: (1-1), TOP 25 (0-0) - some wins in the WAC and a match-up with Idaho is your only chance to finish higher than #9.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Dwreck, in the interest of accuracy, weren't you a top 25 team in the polls when we played?

3. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

He is only going by if teams are in the top 25 right now.

4. Baron

Well unless his poll is wrong he's still in the top 25 (I like how this power poll is now an institution of the league, with people, myself included, squabbling over the rankings.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

You are absolutely correct Baron, I will reflect that in next weeks poll. See, I am not a total tyrant!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baron

I didn't think you were a tyrant, I think you just had a mental block when it comes to remembering that game. :p

7. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I think I should get bonus points for kicking Okie States ass and then flying to Florida to interim coach FIU to another win.

8. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

You are right, I am trying as hard as possible to forget it.

9. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I think you should get negative points for firing Florida's coach right before you played them :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jman

No, he was fired mid game, and deservedly so.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Ha ha, even better! I wish that could happen in real life. I am glad you did it. I was tired of calling out his cheese in every power poll.

12. Baron

A damn fine job of it too!

Altered for accuracy.

Calling out his cheese was the ONLY good thing about his cheese.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jman

I truly love the angst that comes with the Power Poll, that's how you know its being done right!

14. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I have no problems with the poll. Lol! I'm not arguing about my position at all right now.

15. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Only thing I'm having problems with is the polls within the game and Oregon steadily coming in ahead of me with their 2 losses!

16. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

It seems that as the years increase the importance of strength of schedule increases as well. In my other dynasty I started out the season as #17, lost to #1 and moved up to #14, lost to #6 and only dropped to #16. That is moving up one spot in the polls for losing my first two games! I am currently ranked #8 at 6-3 (my losses are all to teams currently in the top 5 but still).

17. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Yea. That's my problem. I'm playing pretty good teams but they can't seem to find their way into the rankings. I played VTECH when they were 6-1 I believe and they were not even ranked which is pretty bad. VTech, Boston College, North Carolina, and Clemson were actually pretty difficult games on my end but none of them teams found their way into the rankings. I guess I will have to schedule me an SEC team next season because their is always 2 of them in the top 5 every season it seems.

18. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Big 10 seems to get a lot of love too...

19. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Yea. One thing that will help me out is that Michigan State will have to play Illinois in the Big Ten Championship so one of them is going to drop. Also, Alabama and Auburn play this week so one of them will drop. Then is USC can upset Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship, they would drop. I'm going to be watching very closely!

20. Baron

Decay is all set for some BCS mayhem!

21. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

A man can hope can't he! Lol!