Coaches Power Poll (S3:W14)

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Dwreck, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

#1 IXI DECAY IXI (#5, OVR: 10-1, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 2-0) - Your ACC schedule is giving you no love towards getting your strength of schedule high enough to contend for a title unless Georgia Tech or Miami can continue their run and you beat them in the ACC championship game. It is however good enough to get you to #1 in this poll.

[​IMG]

#2 Jman (#14, OVR: 8-2, USER: 0-2, TOP 25: 3-1) - Oklahoma drops out of the top 25 making it even harder to catch Decay, especially with no conference championship game.

[​IMG]

#3 Baron - (#25, OVR: 9-2, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 1-0) - Correction from the last poll, your win over me is a top 25 win and Florida State drops out of the top 25. It makes your record versus top 25 look good, but it makes your CPU loss look worse. I know you beat me head to head, but another user for me plus a higher ranking in the polls might be enough to overtake you. We will see.

[​IMG]

#4 Dwreck - (#24, OVR: 8-2, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 1-2) - On the surface my record versus the top 25 looks poor, but my only 2 losses were to #25 FIU (Baron) and undefeated #1 Illinois. I also currently have the only win versus a top 10 team (#10 Ohio State on the road). GatorJes has beaten me in this dynasty already in what is becoming a nice conference rivalry. Watch your back Baron I'm coming for you.

[​IMG]

#5 GMangs - (NR, OVR: 8-2, USER: 0-2, TOP 25: 0-0) - Holding tight because no one is stepping up to catch you. UCONN drops out of the top 25 giving you a goose egg for user/top 25 wins so I can't see you moving up, but at this point in the season I don't think anyone below you have good enough games to pass you if you keep on winning.

[​IMG]

#6 papaloke - (NR, OVR: 8-3, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 0-2) - Idle. I corrected your top 25 record from the last poll to include your loss to me. That loss to UCF is keeping you down and your conference isn't doing you any favors by not having a team in the top 25. Oh well.

[​IMG]

#7 ChuckDzzNutz - (NR, OVR: 7-3, USER: 2-1, TOP 25: 0-0) - You move up because Hokie keeps losing, if he gets within a game of you he will pass you based on strength of schedule, but it looks like you are good for now.

[​IMG]

#8 Hokie Effect (OVR: 5-5, USER: 2-1, TOP 25: 2-3) - An enigma wrapped inside a riddle. Great wins and tough losses highlight an admirable schedule. I would like to move you up, but you are one loss away from slipping below the Mendoza line (or my power poll version of it). I would suggest taking a HC job to realize your true potential.

[​IMG]

#9 GatorJes - (NR, OVR: 3-7, USER: (1-1), TOP 25 (1-0) - You move up as Baron moves into the top 25. Your schedule is just better than Akron's. Big game this week!

[​IMG]

#9 Matthew Keves - (NR, OVR: 4-7, USER: 1-0, TOP 25: 0-0) - See above, but without the big game part.

[​IMG]

#NR - Wyrmreaver - (OVR: 0-0, USER: 0-0, TOP 25: 0-0) - Keeping a spot warmed up for you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Good work!

3. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Loving it man! Can't wait to read about the big user game this week!

4. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I'll go ahead and stir the fire for this week . . . I'm fine with UAB being one ahead of me, but no way Army should be ranked ahead of me . . . I beat him by 2 touchdowns (allowed a late meaningless one or it would have been 3). His schedule isn't any more impressive than mine (wins over Nevada and Boise, and Nevada is receiving votes in both both polls and ranked 26 in the coaches). I'm doing this with a 67 OVR rated team too, and about to win at least a share of the Mountain West, maybe outright if Hawaii can somehow upset Nevada. The disparity in User records alone should be enough to elevate me. Rant over . . . now discuss :cool:

5. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

His two losses are to users and two of your 3 losses are to the CPU. As I have stated before, I think users should be penalized more for losses to the CPU than losses to USERS because the CPU is easier to beat than another USER. That is why I believe he should be slated ahead of you.

6. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

The Fresno State game I didn't really lose, I just ran out of time . . . No excuses on that one though. It was bad. San Diego State, however, was playing on a Heisman National Championship level when I ran into them. Breaking 4-5 tackles on 80 yard runs, catching passes in triple coverage. I could have played that game 10 times and lost 10 times. Eitehr way, it was in the midst of a FIVE game road trip against conference rivals I play year in and year out. Army plays an indy schedule and their rivalry game is Mighty Navy. When I lose to Navy feel free to drop me out of this poll.

7. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I like both arguments here....alot....hehe
    I love it! LOL

8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

9. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Week 14 Alternative Poll

Head Coaches

1) Kansas . . . Headed towards a Big 12 title . . . That's Big time for a 2* school

2) FIU . . . Ransacking everybody not named New Mexico State . . . lobbying for slot in SEC may have fell short, but still building a bit of a power down in Miami

3) Idaho . . . Solid season, but could fall behind the eventual Conference USA and Mountain West champions in the poll if they don't manage to win the WAC

4) UAB . . . Pivotal early season win over drunken UNM coach keeps them a spot above him, but could move up (see above)

5) New Mexico . . . Nobody does more with less talent, but brutal mid-season road trip may cost them from ending up higher

6) Army . . . probably will win the Commander in Chief's trophy

7) New Mexico St. . . . Coach missed half the season in Mary Jane rehab and Aggies struggled without him. Line of the season though . . . "One Star Talent, One Star Results"

8) Akron . . . Has pretty much mailed it in

Coordinators Poll

1) Maryland - Leading the high powered offense of the Terps towards and ACC title and high national ranking

2) Texas Tech - Costly turnovers and little help from his DC counterpart have led this squad to a .500 record

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baron

11. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I don't see the reasoning for separating Head Coaches from Coordinators. In my opinion, it's harder to win as a coordinator because you have no control of the opposing side of the ball what so ever. It also gives us a slight disadvantage in our USER games as well because we don't have the option to get to know our strengths for the opposing side of the ball as well.

12. Baron

I don't see the reasoning for you not shutting the hell up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Wow! I think somebody should take a timeout for real. Grab a bowl of ice cream and chill.

14. Baron

Please. Please tell me you did not just take me seriously. I don't think I've made a serious post on these boards.

15. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Dude, if you havn't been able to tell by now! I suck seriously at detecting sarcasm on these damn boards. My bad if it was pure sarcasm but I been seriously slacking in that area.

16. Baron

lol No worries. I don't know about the other people but for me? Bet on it being sarcastic.

17. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Haha. No doubt. Yea, I will make a mental note on that for real.

18. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

It's True . . . It's damn true.

Oh, and I only liked Baron's post solely for my love of sarcasm in general [​IMG]

19. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Lol. I'm a huge fan of sarcasm. I actually use it quite a lot in my life but these boards have been killing me the past few weeks. Haha.

20. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Baron

Use your smileys so you don't run anyone off the deep end lol

I think being a coordinator is cute, it means you weren't a hot enough commodity to get a HC gig...:p (See, smiley=sarcastic-truth)

HAH!

• Like Like x 1
  21. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  22. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Chuck needs a tissue.

23. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

How do you put the picture tags in? It's hilarious, pictures really are worth 1000 words.

24. Baron

Haha well first find an image link you want, highlight the text you want to be tagged, and then just use the hyperlink buttons (they look like interlocking chains).

25. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Like this?

• Like Like x 1