Coaches Power Poll (S3:W15)

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Dwreck, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

#1 IXI DECAY IXI (#4, OVR: 11-1, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 2-0) - Congrats on the nice season and a spot in the ACC championship game. Even if you lose, I think it will be difficult for anyone to catch you unless you blow your bowl game too.

[​IMG]

#2 Jman (#12, OVR: 9-2, USER: 0-2, TOP 25: 3-1) - Nice job winning the Big 12, my guess is you are going to bolt the Jayhawks after the season though. You are most likely safe considering your top 25 wins unless something happens.

[​IMG]

#3 Baron - (#21, OVR: 9-2, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 0-0) - Good work winning the almighty Sunbelt, but me dropping out of the top 25 hurts your resume. It looks like you have a good recruiting class coming in too. It looks like you will have some decent user games next year, but you will need to schedule a tough CPU game to make a big impact in next season's poll.

[​IMG]

#4 GMangs - (NR, OVR: 9-2, USER: 0-2, TOP 25: 0-0) - You are hanging on to this spot by a thread because if Nevada moves into the top 25 in the coaches poll Chuck may overtake you. Right now the fact that you have won 7 straight and you don't have a bad CPU loss are the deciding factors keeping you here.

[​IMG]

#5 papaloke - (NR, OVR: 9-3, USER: 1-1, TOP 25: 0-2) - The only thing that can help you move up is if Nevada makes it into the top 25 and Chuck's stock goes up and Gmangs drops as a result. You will stay ahead of Chuck as long as you don't lose.

[​IMG]

#6 ChuckDzzNutz - (NR, OVR: 8-3, USER: 2-1, TOP 25: 0-0) - It's simple, if Nevada wins and gets into the top 25 you move up. If not, you stay here. Obviously if you lose or certain people ahead of you lose that would change everything.

[​IMG]

#7 Dwreck - (NR, OVR: 8-3, USER: 1-2, TOP 25: 1-2) - Rough loss means that Idaho likely will not win the WAC which is unfortunate. However, Coach Dusty Bottoms may have done enough to get a decent offer somewhere else.

[​IMG]

#8 Hokie Effect (OVR: 5-6, USER: 2-1, TOP 25: 2-3) - Love your schedule, but just can't rank you any higher with a losing record.

[​IMG]

#9 GatorJes - (NR, OVR: 4-7, USER: (2-1), TOP 25 (1-0) - I would like to rank you higher after you beat me, but you are just too far back.

[​IMG]

#9 Matthew Keves - (NR, OVR: 4-8, USER: 1-0, TOP 25: 0-0) - Any question why you are here?

[​IMG]

#NR - Wyrmreaver - (OVR: 0-0, USER: 0-0, TOP 25: 0-0) - Keeping a spot warmed up for you.

2. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I will do one final Power Poll at the end of the season after the bowl games. Just a heads up when scheduling for next year. Strength of schedule will be a big deal so play teams that you think will stay in the top 25 and if you have the choice the more users the better. Jman, can you do me a favor and try not to schedule multiple teams against the same top 25 teams so that multiple users don't end up pushing them out. Not a huge deal, but I thought I would throw it out there.

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Scheduling is a BITCH as is for all of you guys who've never done it before, not ranting, just telling.

Why not count it as a Top 25 win if you beat a team while in the Top 25, makes more sense to me that way, but, maybe I'm just different.

4. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I will try to track it and see how it works out. I don't expect you to go out of your way with the scheduling because I know it is difficult. I just wanted to put it out there so if you did have to make a decision it would be at the back of your mind.

5. Jman

Oh I understand, no worries.

Maybe it'd be easier on tracking since its week to week anyhow, just look at the weeks schedule and let it keep as a running tally, might be easier than seeing who falls out or jumps in the top 25.

6. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

That's cool, I already have a spread sheet built, but since I started doing this half-way through the season it would have been hell (if not impossible) to go backwards and see who was ranked what in certain weeks.

7. Jman

Hey, you're the man who has the say with this, its your baby. Frankly, I don't care how you do it, but its awesome and always a damn good read IMO.

8. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I would think winning my conference outright would be a little more impressive than a single win over the #25 team in the country. Needless to say, I'll certainly be rooting for Hawaii to beat the Wolfpack in that game. I have to take care of biz against Air Force though and it won't be easy without my starting tailback. Seems like the injury bug has bitten a lot of us pretty harshly the past couple of weeks though.

9. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I will admit that winning a conference is big, but it is hard to compare with a team that doesn't have a conference. At 9-2 I'm sure that Gmangs would probably be doing the same. That is how close it is.

My boy Todd Bailey dislocated his elbow and is out for 4 weeks. Not sure if I am going to have him for the bowl and that will be tough sledding because he is the only one with any talent at my skill positions.

10. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

How dare you mock the wonderful Sun Belt? :p

And talk of my recruiting class might be premature because I have A+ prestige and will likely keep it with a bowl win so... might be moving to greener pastures. Have to be a good one though because I do have a fairly nice class.

Not so nice is Storm Johnson being out for the goddamn rest of the season. He should still win the Heisman though.