Coaches Power Poll (S3:W8)

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Dwreck, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

#1 Hokie Effect (3-2) - Huge jump up to number 1 with a decisive win over former number 1 IXI DECAY IXI. I am also discounting the loss to ultra-cheeser annil8tion and Florida. Huge game against Jman in week 9. The winner will be the leader in the clubhouse for the rest of the year.

[​IMG]

#2 - IXI DECAY IXI (#15,5-1) - Tough loss dropped you 10 spots in the polls and one spot in this poll. The head-to-head win over Jman keeps you above him. If Jman beats Hokie then we are going to have a weird situation that would resemble the scenario if Arkansas beats LSU on Friday.

[​IMG]

#3 Jman (3-1) - Idle. A week 6 win versus annil8tion-less Florida was decent. Obviously the looming match-up with Hokie will be big.

[​IMG]

#4 Dwreck (4-1) - Tough loss to Baron and FIU following a huge win in the Horseshoe against Ohio State. Damn you Baron!!

[​IMG]

#5 papaloke (4-2) - Correction from the previous week. Good win over ChuckDzz and tough losses to Auburn and yours truly.

[​IMG]

#6 ChuckDzzNutz (3-1) - 2 wins versus users, but the head-to-head loss to Papaloke keeps you below him.

[​IMG]

#7 Baron (3-2) - Again, damn you Baron!! Great win this week versus a previously unbeaten Vandals team. The loss to 3-loss GatorJes and no other signature win keeps you down a little.

[​IMG]

#8 GMangs (3-2) - You and GatorJes should trade notes. He can teach you how to beat users and you can teach him how to beat the CPU.

[​IMG]

#9 GatorJes (2-3) - Please see above.

[​IMG]

#10 Matthew Keves (1-4) - Back to the basement with you after the loss to Toledo.

[​IMG]

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Just think Dwreck, you coulda been in the very upper crust had you beaten me. :p

3. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

The Fix is in!! I dropped on a bye week . . . and Papaloke's worse record is okay to be ahead of me since he beat me H2H, but Baron's win over you isn't . . . How unbiased of you, lol

4. Baron

Oh snap! The drama is coming to 4th Horseman!

5. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I am not sure I understand your argument. Are you saying that Baron should be ahead of you or Baron should be ahead of me? Or should he be ahead of both of us?

6. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I believe he is stating that Baron should be ahead of him.

7. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I'm saying if you put papaloke over me with a worse record, but a h2h win, then you should put baron in front of you with a worse record but a h2h win . . . . Doesn't matter, cuz his loss to UCF coupled with my win at Nevada should remedy that in next week's poll anyway :cool:

8. Baron

Loss to UCF? I've only lost to Gator h2h, and to a ridonkulous FSU team.

9. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Ok, I see what you are saying, but you have to take the whole schedule into account especially because pretty much all of the users (except for #1 Hokie now that annil8tion is gone) have lost to another user. If I ranked Baron over me because he beat me, then ranked papaloke below me because I beat him, then you below papaloke because he beat you, where would I put GatorJes who is 2-3? Above Baron because he beat him or below you because you beat him?

The only reason I bumped Papaloke over you was because I would have ranked both of you #5 and #6 either way. I take all the wins and losses for the season into account each week, unlike the actual poll voting that is simply a "lose and you move down from where you were the week before" process.

You are right that it will obviously change in the next two weeks anyway :D

10. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I know! At least it doesn't really affect my coaching goals though. I am on the first friggin' train out of Idaho after the season.

11. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

He was talking about Papaloke

12. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

You lost to Florida State this season? I just got out of a pretty good contest with them in which I came away with a win.

13. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I also think that overall record should still have some sort of input. CPU teams are obviously easier to beat than a USER so if teams have losses to a CPU team, I believe that should have a bigger impact than if someone losses to a USER.

14. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I agree with that, but the strength of schedule has to be considered as well. There are a wide range of schedule strengths in this dynasty so who you beat is important as well as who you lose to.

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Damn coaches power poll computer rankings....

16. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Seriously, we should set up a playoff...

17. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

The battle over the coveted 5th spot. Ha....anybody like my a avatar? And yes after MY UCF loss I expect to drop. Plus I'm out of the Heisman race since my RB has a 10 week recovery from a abdominal tear.

18. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Very nice!

19. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Don't worry. I havn't had D.J. Adams for 2 complete games now. Apparently he got hurt against Boston College so I didn't have him against Hokie nor FSU, and he still has 2-3 more weeks out.

20. papaloke

Err...Nevermind about my RB, he's back in action and didn't miss a beat....I Guess he's either a tough bastard or the lab had the wrong dude on the table. Ha.

21. Baron

Really?

lol but seriously, at that point, I hadn't adjusted to just how AWFUL my MLB's for my 3-4 are. (64 and 62 OVR). And their RB broke literally all of their tackles.

22. papaloke

Update: Darren Reaves is back on the IR. His abdominal tear as been downgraded to a sprain and he is out for two weeks. Coach papaloke tried to force him to play but he was a no go.

23. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I'm hoping D.J. Adams will magically come back this week against what looks like a tough Virginia Tech team.