Coaches Power Poll

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Since Dwreck is leaving us and this is one of the most popular threads..... I figured I would resurrect it for us. Don't worry though, I'll do my best to continue to snub Baron just like my predecessor.

1. [​IMG] Jman #6 Penn State, 7-1 overall, 3-1 vs top 25, 2-0 in user vs user games: Bumping you to #1 based on strength of schedule. Four games against top 25 teams, the only loss in a sim to the nation's #1 ranked team. In addition, you have played good teams that are unranked.
    Signature Win: 40-35 over #25 Michigan at the Big House

2. [​IMG] Wyrmreaver #4 Hawaii, 8-0 overall, 2-0 vs top 25, 2-0 in user vs user games: The Warriors stay near the top after registering another win over a user. Hawaii could be in danger though as both of the top 25 wins are against teams sliding toward the back end of the rankings.
    Signature Win: 56-10 over #17 Iowa on the road

3. [​IMG] Hokie Effect #20 Central Florida, 7-2 overall, 3-0 vs top 25, 1-0 in user vs user games: Despite 2 losses, UCF stays near the top with 3 top 25 wins and a user win. If only the Offensive coordinator could coach the defense.....
    Signature Win: 31-10 over Maryland at home

4. [​IMG] papaloke #9Alabama Birmingham, 6-1 overall, 1-1 vs top 25, 1-1 in user vs user games: Losing to Penn State and having FIU drop out of the top 25 hurt UAB's stock in this poll, but the national polls seem to have plento of love for them regardless.
    Signature Win: 31-24 over FIU on the road

5. [​IMG] ChuckDzzNutz New Mexico, 6-2 overall, 0-2 vs top 25,2-1 in user vs user games: Los Lobos had a chance against Hawaii but turnovers killed them. We have them this low because of the lack of a top 25 win and because one of the "user" wins was vs the cpu. The conference championship game is still on the horizon and you'll be wearing red pants.
    Signature Win: 20-10 over Arizona in New Mexico

6. [​IMG] Selvy9 Tulsa, 5-2 overall, 0-2 vs top 25, 1-0 in user vs user games: Riding a nice user win over FIU, Tulsa debuts nicely at #6. Selvy is unbeaten, but these rankings take a teams full season into account, so the CPU losses to the CPU will be tough to overcome. A week 15 match-up with UAB should determine the conference title.
    Signature Win: 31-28 over FIU at home

7. [​IMG] IXI DECAY IXI #17 Maryland, 6-2 overall, 1-2 vs top 25,0-1 in user vs user games: A nice little win streak is happening for the Terps, but no user wins keep them down on this poll despite cracking the top 25 polls.
    Signature Win: 31-14 over Florida at home

8. [​IMG] cmilesg Wyoming, 5-3 overall, 0-1 vs top 25, 0-1 in user vs user games: You get the slightest edge over FIU because your losses all occured on AP. Prospects of making a bowl game are looking good despite the AP and the loss of the conferences best QB.
    Signature Win: 52-34 at West Virginia with a 51 OVR QB

9. [​IMG] Baron Florida International, 6-2 overall, 0-1 vs top 25, 0-2 in user vs user games: The loss to Tulsa drops FIU on this board. Now staring at no wins vs users or top 25 teams, the Panthers will get a shot at Penn State to close out the year and turn this thing around or finish a disappointing year. Will coach Baron be around next season?
    Signature Win: 51-17 over Rice on the road

10. [​IMG] GatorJes New Mexico State, 1-8 overall, 0-2 vs top 25, 0-2 in user vs user games: Just not a lot to work with for the NMSU Coach. Badly needs a roster upgrade to compete. The team is mostly young though, so if coack Kriske is around for another year he may be able to flip the script.
    Signature Win: 31-10 over SJSU on the road

I'm going to try and use this same thread each week and just rearrange as necessary..... feel free to discuss as we go!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Wyrmreaver

Updated with early season results/comments

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Nicely done Neal, thanks for carrying this on (but Baron is too high!)

4. Wyrmreaver

Updated with the rest of the results from week 4...... per @jmans suggestion Baron dropped one spot :D

5. Jman

BOOM! AHAHAHAH!

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. God damn conspiracy.

7. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Awe hell yeah, my boys got a big win even with me on AP.

8. Jman

No joke! When I simmed it I was thinking "damn, poor dude", then the fucking result popped up!

9. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Just replying so I'll be notified of future updates (btw, I think the 'Zona win was a little more signature than UTEP, even if it was at home).

10. Wyrmreaver

Meant to do that..... done

11. Wyrmreaver

This thread has been updated with current results..... you'll all be happy to know that despite me offering to move Baron up these rankings as a way to lure him back into the league, I dropped him a spot or two..... hopefully my recruiting promises are less empty!

12. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

No offense to my boy Jes, but his team is down . . . I still think my 'Zona win is more impressive haha. I really don't know much about other people's games because honestly nobody really writes a game summary around here except for You, me and Jes (Papaloke and Baron get most of theirs in). I hope this league doesn't slowly go the way of the Buffalo . . . I think I've got a new member. I'll post about it in the appropriate thread.

13. Wyrmreaver

Added Tulsa at the bottom of the list, will probably get an update done after next weeks games

14. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

What, my wins over UTEP and Marshall don't count for anything? :(

15. Wyrmreaver

They will..... you'll jump up a bit when I update I figured I just do all the work when I was doing everybody again

16. Jman

Time for an update of PSU over UAB methinks...hehe:p

17. Wyrmreaver

True..... if I get time today maybe. I was planning on doing it after the surfer boy trounces the drunk in next week's games, but the UAB vs Penn State result is significant enough to merit a new poll

• Like Like x 2
  18. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I don't think it's fair to stereotype Nate Glory as simply a "Drunk" . . . as he is a man with many tastes, most of them illegal. Unless you were just talking about me, in which case a simple "drunk" is rather fitting.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jman

Freaking priceless! hahaha

20. Wyrmreaver

New poll now available! Check the Original post

21. Baron

Oh how the mighty have fallen. :(

No way I beat PSU, even with their shitty head coach.

I tell ya, I might have lowered my asking price (non-OSU schools now eligible) if I can avoid another season like this one. The only thing that'd keep me around is the fact that I'll have (depending on what the juniors do) up to 21 outta 22 starters back with the only big loss being Coleman at HB (but I already got a beastly JUCO HB to commit). That and they're decently rated after some offseason training. But Christ my defense is BAD right now. Like REALLY bad. It's amazing the difference from this year to last. All because of Dunn.

22. Wyrmreaver

Your still likely to finish 9-4 or 10-3 after a bowl game.... not a disaster. You should also be an A or A+ coach so there should be some nice jobs out there

23. Baron

Aye but said prestige should make it more likely that my players' ratings will go up more, which means I want to stay. The biggest plus I have going this year is that, for once, it's not the last year of my contract so I can actually LOOK at the offers without worrying about whether or not I can go back to FIU.