coaching carosuel

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jun 1, 2011.

?

What do you want to do? (not you old man)

1. Everyone starts off as their team...

42.9%
  2. Everyone starts off as a middle of the road team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Everyone starts off as a 1 star school (or 2 star BCS conf)

57.1%
  1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

the more I think about it.....lets have an official vote...assume that I am talking Head Coach jobs only

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

not sure why on the double post...sorry homos...

let it be known that I am throwing this out there just to make sure we are all on the same page as we get going. Personally, I like the idea of two dynasties (one regular style, and another this new way) I just worry that with user games and what not it will either drag ass or get neglected, and it is a pretty cool feature, our league could take so many diffrent paths this way, and I think it wouldn't become stale.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

I vote start off 1 star and everyone name their "Dream Job" before the start of season 1, then we see who can get there the quickest. I vote we only take Head coaching jobs so we play the whole game. Season 1 is as is and then we set up our home and home's so everyone has user games.

4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

all this is so tempting. my only issue and concern with the dream job 1-star route is this (and this has been voiced before0:

-we are throwing all our eggs in one basket... namely another new basket that EA created which might end up sucking ass and having all kinds of logic errors and progression problems. too scared to trust this 1st-year iteration as the sole setup of our league
    -we really do need to be our teams as we will be most amped to play with our 2011 squads. of course.... goose no longer gives a shit about this as his team immediately sucks and all the stars are gonna go to the supplemental draft while sweater-vest lives in Tahiti with an eternal middle-finger up to "the-not-so THE anymore OSU"

i still stand on we are absolutely starting and having a main league as last year. we still will have carousel to mess with. if it as good as it should be i think most of us will not neglect either league. not sure.

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

I agree with hokienuts.

There is no doubt in my mind that I will bring THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY back to the promise land without Terrelle Pryor or the other violators.

MEMO TO ALL NOT NAMED TUNA:
    Remember that when I beat you in the first season I did so because I am better than you not because TOSU is better than you school. (Mullen is sooo due to beat me so he's excluded from the trash talk.)

P.S. Without Sample somebody had to step up the trash talk.

6. vatechhokie01

goose you dbag. is it just me or did you just say you wanted to do "our" teams and then vote for 1-stars. regardless... THE ohio state university is gonna suck.

7. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

As I sit here drinking my nightly glass of warm milk, in this case, Chardonnay, Oak Ridge, vintage 2010.......I offer the following thoughts

Voting results in someone winning their point of view, someone losing their point of view.....the format of the league needs to be reached through consensus

As we all know our control over NCAA in any given year is minimal...versions will come and go, we will adjust...

What is more important is the process by which we arrive at those adjustments is the actual outcome is secondary, its the process that binds the league together or causes it to fragment...

The critical question is what do we want the league to look like 1-3 years from now? The game is the game it will change, we will adapt....

So what I am looking for is;

1. Having fun
    2. A stable league, that is organized, has a clear process as to making adjustments in the league format annually to adjust to the game
    3. Good communications...time for fun, time for getting serious, making good decisions
    4. Retention of 8 of original 12 member....that's right 3 years from now....we still have 8 of the original league members
    5. Becoming a Premier League, not because we want to be better than others, because we have met higher standards that reflect being better

Finally as a personal goal hoping my age, life experience will somehow bring you guys into adulthood!

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

how the hell can 2010 be vintage?

9. vatechhokie01

gramps... we are all now dumber from reading that post.

What "binds us all together" is that we (Mullen, Bulldog, Goose, Mormon, Sample (where is that freakin idiot?!), and myself) are all badass! The question is: do you want in on this amazingly brilliant and upstanding intimate circle?

If so, a) stop drinking whites like a little bitch, b) focus on still being alive in 3 yrs, and c) promise me you will never convert to mormonism and believe all that tom-foolery.

as to respond to your points of insanity:
    1) We are fun
    2) Sample is completely unstable
    3) Mormons communicate by knocking on your door in that little black and white getup and we like that a little bit
    4) Someone go grab ego and easy
    5) But we ARE better than others
    Personal Goal: To try and not kick Sample out of the league for being a filthy cheating whore.

aside from that, I'm Anglican. I get the final say bitches.

I love you.

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i am going to go ahead and veto one of those 5 hokie....you can guess which one

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

I voted before your post bitch.

12. ClemsonTiger55

ClemsonTiger55 Walk On

so in the main league if i decided not to start with clemson and chose another team at the end of year one i could jump too clemson?

13. vatechhokie01

only if they offered you. but you are free to be whoever you want. but we won't be switching teams just for the fun of it. if the carousel leads you to Clemson... absolutely you can take the job.

14. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Ok, so I've already came to the conclusion that when I become an old, decrepit man I may start doing the "usual" old man things...for instance...flinching when a fart sneaks out, crossing my legs like a woman while seated, bathing in epsom salt every other day, and eating prunes. But chardonnay?!?!?
    Please don't tell me my manhood will be compromised after years of drinking bold, oaky, full-bodied reds by sipping a nightly chardonnay?