Coaching Carousel Glitch

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jul 17, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

JCspartan2

We really should consider whether it's worth our time or not to use CC. We're not using it to change jobs and the benefit of having the CPU able to change jobs doesn't really outweigh the risk of us getting to the first offseason and then having a corrupt OD file. Then needing to restart from season 1 again.

There's really no upside to using it IMO since EA hasn't put together a quality feature here that works. I think at this point we either use CC, but WAIT for a patch to come out to fix it before starting the dynasty or else we just turn it off and start fresh now.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    How is it that this product made it to see the light of day? The OD, CC and CPB features are the main selling points for EA and none work 100%. Like Gators said none of us could get by with this lack of quality on our jobs. I am on my way home from vacation and have it reserved at a local Best Buy. I am seriously thinking about cancelling the order at this point. Am I reading too much into this?

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Yes. You should still buy it. The improved zone defense works! And if you don't buy it, you cant be in the E.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I wouldn't not pick it up, but it does suck that we cannot use the features in the game out of the box.

5. dakota7

I'll say this about om's glitch. I had the players leaving glitch for a whole year, if EA tried to fix it thru a patch, it never worked, at least for me. And it was basically the same as what om is describing. If this a legit problem, we should restart and go without the CC. I haven't checked out operation sports, are other people having the same issue?

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I wont be able to get on til later this evening to re-send invites if thats what we end up deciding on. I'll try to keep checking back on here to see whats going on, but I'm finishing moving apartments today so I will be MIA for most of the day.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah lets just restart and do it without coaching carousel.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

its no problem, one of us could get on and create a new file and send out the invites and then transfer it to you tonight.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    OK sanity has returned. On my way to the store pick up the game then my dogs. Will be playing in a couple hours.

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

8 is fine with me

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Oh yeah I was going to change that, no worries. I had thought we did 7 min quarters in the past for some reason. No big deal.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Do you want someone to jump on and create a new file?

14. jello1717

If someone else started it and then transfered commish to JC, they'd have to make sure they used the same roster file. I know that JCspartan2 had to make an edit to Utah's roster (which must be in), but I don't know if he edited other teams or not.

If he only changed my QB, then it's a fast fix for whomever starts it.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I have the same roster file, unless he made any edits to the OS rosters. I'm sure he would let us know though.

16. jello1717

Read the post above. He definitely made 1 change to Utah. I'm not sure if there were other requests.

17. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I made edits to Big Suge's roster as well. I swapped Vincent Smith and Stephen Hopkins' names, heights, and weights but kept their ratings the same. I don't have a clue why OS swapped the ratings in the first place, but Vincent Smith should be number 1.

Also, I swapped NW and Indiana in the big ten to even out the users. I also changed the conference game start date in EVERY conference to week 6. I was just curious if that would fix the problem that everyone had where the conference game start date didn't work. I also made it possible for each conference to play weekday games and activated the protected rivalries in the PAC-12.

18. jello1717

Did you change protected rivals for all user conferences to be all users? IE, change Michigan's from aOSU to Northwestern (Gators) and change MSU's from Indiana to Wisconsin (Dakota)?

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I did not. I made sure that everyone had a protected rival, but they were not all user games. I didn't think we wanted to interfere with some of the big rivalries (i.e. OSU, UM). But I (or whoever) can make that change when we re-up this thing.

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I need the aOSU rivalry on my schedule.

21. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

That's what I figured.

22. jello1717

I just misunderstood then. I thought the reason you wanted the protected rivals was so that you could guarantee at least 3 conference user games per year.

23. jello1717

Do you want me to start the OD and send out invites or do you want to do it?

24. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I wont be able to do it til this afternoon. So you can go ahead.

25. dakota7

I would like to see us do this. Just my opinion.