Coaching Carousel Issue - Please Vote

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jul 15, 2011.

?

Coaching Carousel is....

1. Worth the trouble, take the chance and leave it in.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not worth the potential headaches, drop it and let's get rolling.

100.0%
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Everyone, I haven't sent out invites yet because of something with the coaching carousel feature that concerns me a bit.

When you first get to the offseason, there is a new CC stage where everyone has to decide if they stay at their school or pursue other opportunities. The problem is that the stage is handled in a 'draft' style, where one person is 'on the clock' and nobody else can do anything until that person goes. My concern is that unless you can guarantee that everyone is going to be online AT THE SAME TIME when you hit this stage, this could add a significant amount of time to the offseason process. Plus, my guess is that the issue people are having with CC test dynasties is due to this stage being done over time, as opposed to last night when Perry/Cheez/I were all online at the same time and knocked it out quickly without anyone having to leave and reload the OD later.

So, since we are only using the CC feature to have possible CPU job changes, my question is whether or not having the feature on is worth the potential problems it could cause down the road. Keep in mind, once you pick to have the feature ON or OFF, you can't ever change it.

Colemanchu
    gowazzucougs
    recchem2000
    sibellius
    Jayrah
    Cheez
    Danthraxxx
    Corey Volting
    bucsfan047
    whygodwhy1111
    JFace907

Please vote.

I still plan on launching the file tonight, but it will be a bit later (maybe around 8-9pm PST if I can get away from the kids).

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I say drop it.

3. Dru50

I agree with you. If the setup in the offseason was different I think it would be easier.

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

i do not think it is needed. We picked the teams we wanted. I don;t see myself moving. And if someone did want to we could work it out in the forum

5. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Yep, I see no reason for us to use Coaching Carousel.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I don't want to get fired.

7. Dru50

Well - with 6 no votes, if there aren't a slew of yes votes posted by 8pm PST I'm likely leaving the feature 'off'.

8. Dru50

And with wazzu's vote, CC is officially dead to us.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Great cc was gonna keep the cpu intresting year to year.... it wasn't about us moving jobs. But oh well there goes mine and cheez's dynasty update.

10. Dru50

Sorry man, but with the apparent bugs and how long the process in the offseason would take (even with none of us moving you still have to do the stage one person at a time each offseason), many of us apparently don't think it's worth the possible trouble it will cause.

Hey - you still have CC in Night Owls though, so you got that going for you, right?

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No, he left the NO's for this :) Its all good Jayrah, its all about user games here. We only have 3 user games in season one over there.

12. Jayrah

Meh nbd. I have it in my private od. Wishlist item for 13 is to have option of users off of cc while cpu stays on. Or at least the option for the commish to bypass coaching offers stage.

13. Dru50

I agree, if there was a way to bypass the stage (under the assumption that the user teams would not leave their current job) I would have been all for it.

14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So with CC out, should we have named our coaches still ?

15. Dru50

I didn't, but I don't think it would matter.

16. Jayrah

It will matter if you wanted your sideline coach to look a certain way for cut scenes and such but ratings for recruiting will be like 11 so it won't matter in that sense