Coaching Carousel: Lets find out, 1.., 2...3?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Twister18, Jul 4, 2011.

?

What do you want to do this first season with CC?

1. Turn it on

41.7%
  2. Leave it off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Turn it on but no coach switching.

58.3%
  1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Lets see what each person wants: I want to see what it is that each person wants: This will be a public vote. Discuss away gents.

2. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

I'm not going to be redundant and post the same stuff again, however, I ask you read what myself and timroy85 have posted in the general discussion pre release thread. The bottom line? I don't think there is a reason to not have it on as long as we don't let people switch teams until later, if ever. It is a cool, new feature designed to help keep dynasty mode fresh and realistic and there is no reason to have it off. I understand the argument of sticking with you team. We simply all need to agree not to switch, I think we can handle that. The positives of having CPU teams changing play styles throughout the dynasty is too big of a benefit to ignore.

I'm glad this is up for a vote, I think most people will agree with the reasoning, and if they don't that's fine, just have a reason you want to turn it off. I think EA has done a good job with designing a feature that changes a dynasty throughout the years, but does not disrupt the flow if all you want to use is for is to see who goes where from the coaching ranks.

3. Twister18

My main reason is that I don't know exactly how it works or how the flow will be altered. The only one who has played any time with it is Ryno. I am all for the CPU teams becoming better or adjusting sliders but I will use ones that have been tested by the leagues that have done them before. I re-read both of your threads and you make great points and if the benefits of CC is as advertised by EA is spot on, then thats cool. Guess it is the fear of the unknown.

4. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

I agree. There is no doubt that EA could have screwed this up. I mean, you could barley play user bowl games last year, this feature could be jacked as well. My point is though, that if this works as advertised (and this can be tested easily within the first 24 hours of release), I believe this is a feature none of our dynasties can be without. It can be a bit scary to trust EA with a brand new feature, but we can test it, if it works we can use it to have a deeper and more fun dynasty on TSO.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I'm fine with turning it on as long as we do not switch teams.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I voted for yes and I don't really care if people change teams. I have no plans on changing teams but what if someone gets fired? Won't they have to switch teams?

7. Twister18

I would say tanking on purpose would be grounds for ..... a coord job or something.

8. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

That's true. I'm for no changing teams if that's what everyone wants to do. I'm just exciting to get this thing going! Launch is in a week!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  10. Twister18

Great article. 4 more votes!

11. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

So being that we can use existing coaches or create a coach. Are we creating our coaches? Because then we start with D prestige, granted I doubt any of the coaches at our schools have amazing prestige.

12. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I'd like to create myself as the coach, Rick Neuheisal is getting canned and I plan on replacing him! ha

13. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

If we 're not changing teams then CC is a waste of time! Because once a coach is fired you can't undo it. (but if you reeeeeealy just had to put him back in his school you could do the "ultra lame extraordinaire move- kick him from the OD and invite him back as the school he was fired from." [did I mention how lame that was?? lol]) Therefore, I understand that the CC is interesting, but if we're not going to use it properly then IMO just keep it off.

14. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Yeah but then the CPU teams coaches will forever stay the same. That's not realistic at all, every year coaches get hired and fired in every conference.

15. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

LOL..... OK, So you're saying you want the cpu/coach's of every other team to be realistic and change jobs........ meanwhile WE the live users stay in the same schools for the entire dynasty. .....uhhhh does anyone else see that? or am i in the 3rd layer of inception??..... lol

16. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

lol...Naw, I see your point. I'm cool regardless, just never knew anyone was watching the cpu coach's. I'm just ready to play.

17. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

I'm assuming you didn't read any of the posts in the pre-release general discussion.... The coaching carousel adds a dynamic to the dynasty where the cpu teams will change styles due to coaching moves...

Also, I assume we are all college football fans, won't it be fun to see where high profile coordinators end up?

18. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

Honestly.... I don't care where any coordinator goes, head coach's yeah; coordinator...not even. I put a ton of focus on my own team, and then my next opponent. I've read a ton about the CC along with exactly how it works, and I'm a big NCAA fan;... yet I still don't care about where any coordinator ends up and it doesn't effect my status as "Big NCAA Fan" to feel that way.

"Uh oh!!!" Wait a minute, the Nevada D Coordinator just went to NC State.... OMG!!!! LOL

19. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

LOL, did I say it effected your status? Did I even say anything about "Big NCAA Fan" (usually quotes imply that someone ACTUALLY said something). I said "we are all college football fans"

I'm not letting that last sentence bait me into an argument, but good try. If you don't think stuff like that is cool, then fine, but making fun of others that think it is pointless.

Also, why didn't you vote to leave it off then?

20. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I think if we get fired we should have to find a lesser prestige team to go to, like a demotion.

21. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

I totally agree, thats the only reason I was saying if we're not using it to turn it off. I'll play anyway we agree on but I voted for it to be ON.

Timroy... its all in fun man, wasn't insulting you at all. I like the depth you're bringing to the league, I was just stating that my depth goes to players, coach's and styles; but not coordinators. But when we talk you'll realize I joke around but not into confrontation or insults... just fun. ...But you gotta admit the Nevada thing was funny. lol

22. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

If you don't care then just don't think about it. No one is getting fired. Someone would have to purposely tank a season. The vote was 10-0 to turn it on. I honesty think because of the reasons that we have laid out for 2 weeks, which by the way where the he'll where you for a full week of debate, we are going to have one of the most interesting, deepest dynasties on TSO. If you don't like it just turn it off in your head, but the rest of us want to enjoy a realistic CPU experience .

23. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I wonder if when a new coach takes over in a system, will he tailor the team to fit his offense. It would be really annoying playing a recently hired former Off coordinator turned head coach who ran a option at his old school come into a team that is a pro style...and end up running the option with a pocket QB.

24. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

I've read a few articles that confirm that the coach will recruit according to his system. I'm guessing the first year or two, he may run his system without the proper personnel.

25. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

First of all the reason I didn't participate in your lengthy discussion is................oh yeah, I WASN'T here! LOL Just recently joined TSO. Sorry I missed the convo, but if you'd like to go over it with me 1-on-1 let me know I'll be free this weekend. Secondly, I have another grand idea; how about you don't worry about what I'm doing and I'll continue to do the same for you. I'll reiterate, if you failed to read my entire thread from before,.... at the end of the day it makes no difference to me, I will play and follow whatever rules are finalized by the Commish. If my opinion is asked, or if I care to give it during a discussion then I will. But besides that, I enjoy the entire OD experience. And Being a Commish for over 10 years straight has taught & shown me several things, and one being "the smoothest road is the one with the least amount of obstacles." A lot of the OD's I have been a part of coach's did get fired, we actually made requirements for it in last years game, since we loved the accountability of it. So you'll have to excuse me because when I heard that we're using CC, I naturally assumed sooner or later someone will be getting fired. Why would they not?? I know from experience a good OD is a result of: a good Commish, the enforcement of rules, & SIM Coach's; i feel we have all 3 so I'm totally on board. Therefore a rule change here or there doesn't even begin to effect my enthusiasm for the dynasty. That's why I can say this or that doesn't matter to me. So if we stay in the same school, don't, switch...whatever, as long as the rules are clear and enforced, then I'm in 100%. And in this case they are, therefore I am!