Coaching Carousel Plans

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by makinpropel, Aug 9, 2011.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

What are you guys hoping/planning to do this off-season when coaching carousel arrives?

I believe I have a 1 year contract, so I probably won't re-sign anything over a 2 year contract. I would like to stay, but not for 3 years.

If not, hopefully I get a decent OC BCS job, or lower gig HC job.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

not that anyone would hire me but I got another season in Fresno as I signed a 2 year contract

3. sreese

sreese Walk On

im in the same boat as york. No body gonna give me a job. My only hope is they fire my head coach and promote me lol.

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I have a 1 year contract, and hopefully I can get some good offers after this season as I want to get away from this sinking ship(Losing top 3 WRs and top 2 RBs)

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

So i've went through a CC in another OD, and there are these "unexpected jobs" that you can "apply" for. I bet RyanC would be able to find a decent coordinator position if he wants to. Im still kind of up in the air... If I get a good offer I may leave. I wouldnt mind staying and building up Miami(OH) either... We shall see.

6. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I want to get to a team that is set up for the Run and Shoot, as that is the offense I feel most comfortable running and will likely switch to next year

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

That is funny, I was considering switching to a Texas Tech No-Huddle Air Raid type offense. Inspired by Mike
    Leach's final years at Tech where he started to add the run more.

Im totally uncomfortable with the passing game though. Hopefully if I force myself to throw the ball 40 or 50 times a game I will learn lol

8. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I caved and ended up taking the extension on the CMU job. Now this NC State job is up for grabs that I possibly could have gotten.

Hopefully I can opt out of my contract.