Coaching Carousel Question

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Baron, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Ok after three seasons of great performance and recruiting at 2 star Ohio, and having only 4 losses in 3 seasons, 2 Coach of the year awards, a freaking Sugar Bowl birth, I get a 2 year offer from Ohio.

But, my alma mater and dream job just fired Fickell. Now, my question is, does signing the extension take me out of the running for the OSU job? Because I didn't even get offered that job and they went with some C rated DC out of freaking Pitt.

It's too late already, but I just wanted to know.

Also, oddity: Mike Gundy was fired from OkSt after going 11-2 for failing to reach his goals. Weird.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Based on my limited experience with it the game seems to (wisely) do the higher prestige jobs first. In this case, it would try to fill the aOSU job first and then the Ohio job later so if it got around to you to extend @ Ohio, then the aOSU job was already filled and they didn't consider you.

If you signed an extension before it even got to the carousel, then I don't know and you can disregard what I wrote.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

When I did mine I'm 99% sure an extension locks you in and you can't pursue another job.

4. Baron

jello1717 : Things at tOSU were so bad under Fickell that the Buckeyes were a :4stars: prestige program. Conversely, the Bobcats had 4 losses in 3 years, and had become a :5stars: so your explanation jives with what happened.

Kasper: Yea, apparently that is what happened. Which I don't like. Combine that with a forced auto-save and I'm out my dream job.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Turn auto save off and test the waters......

6. Baron

You ever have one of those moments where you realize that you did something really dumb? Yea, I just had one of those.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Its cool, I do it once in a while

:rolleyes:

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Can someone confirm in OD whether this is supposed to happen:

A user coach had his contract expire. Instead of renewing he looked at other jobs. A CPU coach then signed with his team, leaving him without a job.

You would think they would at least be able to browse open jobs before deciding.

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Ouch...

10. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Not sure if that is what is suppose to happen but we had a coach have that happen in Z2H. His 1 yr contract was up and he was in consideration for a HC position at a BCS school. He applied and did not get it, but in turn the CPU signed another coach to replace him at his old school. He signed as an Offensive Coordinator for season 2.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm pretty sure if you don't renew your job becomes open.

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Confirmed. It's not very realistic, but since the CC is a linear roulette, it's the nature of the beast.