Coaching Carousel Rumors

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bamagrad, Oct 13, 2010.

1. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Coaching Carousel Rumors

all rumors will go in here.

2. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Is it possible for me to switch from UTEP to my alma mater UAB? I could switch after the season if I have to..

3. bamagrad

we'll talk after the season is done.

4. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

Army may move on to a different offensive system next year.

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Midseason Report

Based on alumni rumblings, the following coaches are on the hot seat at their respective schools, providing an opportunity for some upstart coaches to move on up...

[​IMG]
    Dan Hawkins - Colorado 3-3 Big 12 - 3*
    Hawkins just hasn't been able to live up to expectations in Boulder since being brought in from Boise State. Word is if he doesn't turn things around fast, he'll be on the streets. 3-3 just isn't going to cut it for the 1990 NCAA champions...

[​IMG]
    Gene Chizik is down in Auburn winning... The Cyclones keep losing... 1-6 overall isn't boding well for new coach Paul Rhodes. The Cyclone faithful may not have the patience for the 2* prestige any longer.

[​IMG]
    He's been able to recruit, but hasn't been able to win... Ron Zook is on his last leg in Champaign for the 3* Fighting Illini.

[​IMG]
    3* Colorado State, sitting at 1-6 in the Mountain West is not pleased with coach Steve Fairchild, and rumor is that its bowl game or bust for this staff...

[​IMG]
    It's about the end of the road for Joker Phillips in Lexington, as he's laying some serious eggs with Randall Cobb, sitting at 1-6 in the SEC with his 3* program.

[​IMG]
    Larry Porter won't be around long in the Conference USA with a 2-5 record. The boosters are already fed up with the off field problems and rumor has it that he's already on the chopping block.

Other schools with potential openings:
    Rice 1*, Army 1*, Ball State 2*, Mississippi State 3*, Hawaii 3*

At the end of the year, if you qualify, you'll have an opportunity to "interview" for the position, given that you are over the points threshold required to move up to a higher * prestige school.

Things you must do:
    1) Qualify
    2) Apply
    3) Interview.

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

bama, can you sticky this?

7. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

good job smooth

8. alemic

alemic Walk On

if that illi spot opens up and im an eligible coach... id love that job

9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

You'll have an opportunity to "interview" for the position, given that you are over the points threshold required to move up to a 3* prestige school.

10. bamagrad

11. bamagrad

just a Fyi smooth Rich Brooks retired last season and Joker Phillips is the Current Coach of Kentucky.

12. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

ahhh yeah... i have a kentucky lackey next to me here at work... he's been giving me shit about it since I told him...

13. bamagrad

What someone looking over yr shoulder?? LOL :)

14. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Official job openings:

3* Openings:
    [​IMG]
    Hawaii - 3-8 - Greg McMackin has just had too tough of a time replacing June Jones and the Warriors are currently interviewing potential candidates.
    [​IMG]
    Virginia - 3-8 - Coach Mike London had a short lived career in the ACC with his 0-8 record in conference.
    [​IMG]
    Illinois - 3-9 - The alumni had finally enough Zook in Champaign. Not enough wins with the talent he had brought in doomed him in 2010.​
    2* Openings:​
    [​IMG]
    Baylor - 2-10 - 0-8 in the Big 12 in 2010, and the Bears are tired of being the door mat of the Big 12. Art Briles was in and out quickly.​
    [​IMG]
    Duke - 3-9 - 1-7 in the ACC, David Cutcliffe was cut very short with the Dukies. Durham, NC press indicates that alums expect football to be brought up to Coach K and basketball levels within the next 3 years.​
    Iowa State - 3-9 - Pundits didn't expect this performance to last, although some thought season would be salvaged with 2 wins in a row, most notably with one over Mizzou.​
    1* Openings:
    Army - 3-9 - There's hope in West Point that the Black Knights will again contend for the Commisioner in Chief Trophy again with a change at head coach.​
    Arkansas State - 1-11 - As the worst team in FBS, something had to give...​
    Western Kentucky - 3-9 - Since going FBS, Western Kentucky hasn't had much luck in the Sun Belt since the days of bcduggan...​
    New Mexico State - 3-8​
    San Jose State - 3-8​
    I will post the updated points tallies and you can apply for the positions accordingly.​