Archived Coaching Carousel Strategy

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DrunkenSoldier, Jul 10, 2011.

1. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

What are you guys planning on doing(mostly for the lower tier guys)?

I'm thinking, im going to jump ship after year 1. Depending how my year goes i hope to get either some 4-5 star OC offers or a 3-4 star head coach job. With out actually knowing the dynamics of the game do you guys think this could be feasible. A big part of the equation will obviously having a big year for Fresno State, hitting all my goals and going 10-2 or something good. Not really sure if things will be that easy, but i plan on jumpining around for the first 3-4 season until i get HC job somewhere i feel i can play with the big boys, then eventually i hope to take The Notre Dame HC spot.

What do you think will give you more opportunities being OC/DC at a big school(5/6 Star)and doing well, or being HC at a smaller school(3 star). I dont know about you guys but as soon as i get the game i'm starting an offline dynasties to try and figure some of this info out as it could be huge in your progression in BCS Chaos

• Like Like x 1
  2. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Im staying at Colorado as the OC at least two years. If i dont get a very good HC offer after year two im staying three or four years. Since this is tradition, i expect to have a 12-15 year career, so 3 years to get a foundation and get a school i have an attachment to, back up a little bit is nothing.

I am only taking jobs at 3 other, specific schools. If they dont offer, im staying put. It will make it tougher on me only really looking for 4 specific job openings but its how i think i would do it. The only rare exception is if i get a crazy 6* head coach position offered at a neutral school. I say neutral because there are some jobs that im not taking even if its a 6* top ten team. Kinda like a Michigan man not going to Ohio St.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

This will take some real thought. Everyone here knows i'm a Trojan Guy So I will end up there and they're schools everyone knows I will not go to ever (Notre Dame, UCLA, Stanford, CAL and LSU), but trying to determine if I will leave early depends on what job offer I get. Traditionally most coaches only leave for jobs that are promotions. It largely will depend on the offensive style the school will run and the type of quarterback they have.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

One thing to note. We will NOT be jumping schools after every season. Hopefully, the game doesn't allow that and I really don't want to cap how many jumps you can make. I say finish the contract before jumping (unless its your alma mater) which should be 2 seasons on default.

• Like Like x 2
  5. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Judging from the guys tracking this at other sites who have the game. it will take some time. only 8-10 HC jobs open up each year, and really only 1-2 Good BCS HC jobs.

6. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I will probably never leave Syracuse unless it gets boring playing in the Big East down the line. That's really the only scenario I can see making me want to leave. I've always liked building a team and enjoying the fruits of that labor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

TCU will be joining you in year 2 in that good ol' Big East :)

8. DrunkenSoldier

I hope there is no cap, on switching teams as being an OC you gotta be quick to move to better teams. That to me is the whole point. I;m jumping ship till i get a decent head coach job, if there is going to be rules on this then i want to change my coaching position. I think whatever is available we should be able to take those jobs.One of my reasons for starting low is i can bounce around from team to team taking HC or OC jobs that i think can improve my career, to me this is all about my coaching career and noy about me building a team.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I understand that but I don't want any 'unrealstic' jumps like for example, an OC of a 4 star AQ jumps to the same position at another AQ school. I would honestly only want to see 'career progression' moves like I start as a DC at Army and then a BCS school wants me to be their DC. After that my next step would be a HC spot and not another DC position.

I think we're thinking along the same lines, I just don't think it should be an every year occurence. Hopefully, it works like its supposed to and a job doesn't open up to every user every year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

im zoomin thru to teast this and im in week 6 as Troy OC. Playing one side the games are quick.

11. DrunkenSoldier

makes sense Jerzey, guess we'll just have to see how well the carousel works