coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, May 19, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

holy crap. please don't suck. this would add unbelievable depth to the league. also makes me think we need to def run a 2nd concurrent league with little guys from the very beginning.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169273p1.html

heath

2. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

In reviewing the article am I to understand that these are options that we as a league can select as options? Or is the game going to limit your choices as a league?

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

sure as hell sounds about as wide open as it could be. sounds like we could all theoretically start as o-coordinators and move our way up. also can't believe how many options they have for league customization. my hopes which weren't clarified are that a) you can change league structure in subsequent years of a dynasty and that you can sim games as a commish to get the result you want. but the online carousel and even online league advance is unbelievable stuff. hope its good. def creates room for a ton of discussion for direction here in the next couple of weeks. i always want to be MY team but it would be pretty damn fun to all be young coordinators and work our ways back to our alma maters through the system together... whoah.

4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah this seems pretty damn cool....luckily I could probably get my alma mater head coaching gig now in real life....I love this idea

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

Hells yeah. Start a second with 1-2 * schools as OC's and we all work our way to the top. That could be pretty sweet.

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I have a feeling that if we do two leagues...one will take a back seat...it is inevitable. But if we make it a hard advance and not to many user games at first (that way we can get some steam going) then maybe it could work..

I saw Bonners picture in my latest sex offender registry email...Congrats buddy, you had a dream and you made it happen

7. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Dude the way your mother dresses... i say she had it coming to her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

It appears that we are moving in the direction of having 1 league of big schools, being the head coach and a 2nd league where you could be the offensive or defensive co cordinator of a small school 1-3* school that has room for improvement...so looking beyond the first season, you do well in the 2nd league, the developing one if you will, then you can move up to a bigger school as a head coach....so now you are head coach of that school as well, in season 2 you could be head coach in two major leagues? So we could be looking at 2 games every 48 hrs., plus recuirting, plus submitting game summaries, participating in the forum....seems like a lot of time/effort, if I am seeing this correctly is that something everyone can commit to? Could we be setting oursevles up for frequent turnover of coaches?

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

Hot damn! I was just about to post how this place is deader than Gramps's trousers after the V wears off and he posts.

The second league if we do one would be like "in your mom",(thanks Mormon). A second league we ran a while ago where we all started off as 1 or 2 star schools. The second league if we do it would be very informal as we would just advance every 3-4 days or after everyone is ready and not post anything here at all. We'd only have 1 league The Cathedral that we would post stories and crap too.

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

dont you dare talk bad about in your mom...i loved her....

actually we had some great progress in your mom but it died when hokie was banished from the main 48 and what not...

I like the idea, I enjoy having two going on at the same time...in case we get held up in one league we have the other to do...

A german? so let me get this straight, we have a hawaiian, german, mormon and a mexican? Do you guys walk into a bar together at some point...

welcome you nazi

11. brza37

brza37 Walk On

Wow. Lots of love around here. Thanks for the cordial, respectful welcome.
    For anyone that wasn't hugged enough as a child you can make up for lost time online:
    http://needsahug.com/