Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, May 27, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Is it just me, or is this thing growing on anybody else? I wasn't really for it at first, but after thinking about it some more I must say it sounds like it could be a fun change up from the last 3 years of online dynastys.

What would you guys think of starting as say 4 stars or something and just picking your #1 school as your goal? It'd certainly solve the LSU issue :)

Plus, I think it might keep the CPU competitive a bit longer.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

If we did it I would say we start out as 3 star programs

3. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

The only issue with starting out with low rated programs is there enough in the sec, big ten, pac 10, acc, on each side of the divisions to keep it balanced? If not some will move faster to CC games and BCS games if they are the only user on their side. Also when you start out this way most guys want to be in the sec or teams that are in CA, FL, an TX for recruiting.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think itmight be hard to keep balanced divisionsvwith the cc too. Like I said earlier if you guys wanted to do a side legue with the cc that would be cool.

A little ff and a reason I hate auto correct, I missed a letter some how typing league and it put orgies and I almost missed it.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Orgies are awesome!

I'd love to use CC and build up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GoGators

What about starting out in 2 conferences like the MWC and the WAC/MAC and then whoever can get out first gets to pick their jobs where ever they want and then as the rest of us try to move up we can only fill out 3 conferences?

I don't know if it would work, just throwing out ideas.

7. dakota7

If we did no conference champ game, I'd say MWC, WAC and Sun Belt. Then move up after that. We could each pick a different alma mater.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

How about MAC n C-usa

• Like Like x 1
  9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I am anxiously waiting for CC. It would be a little difficult to start out with but thinking about having the challenge of working our way up ot the dream gig would be fun as hell. Not sure of the set up exactly but something I have been giving a little thought to would be:

• Everyone pick their alma mater as their dream gig
    • Start out at a 3 or worse program to start in the same state or neighboring your dream gig as the HC (in the case of our current LSU gate we would have three coaches picking between ULM, ULL, La Tech & Tulane)
    • The first gig would not have to be in a specific conference just same state or region.
    • Everyone plays four or five User games (which we could control the scheduling options as outlined in the EA blogs this week)

Another thing, if I remember correctly all the coaches are fully editable so we could go in and adjust the coaches as needed on the roster file before we started the OD. this would allow us to beat up the big names and watch to see how they fare as we progress. (Personally I would like to see Kiffin as the OC for Buffalo or WKU)

just throwing that stuff out there.

10. dakota7

That's good too.

11. GoGators

I'd love to see the Smiffins at Buffalo! haha.

I think there's some good ideas here. Like I said before, I don't think we'd have to start at the rock bottom. It'd be cool if we all started at a level that would take us 2-3 seasons to get to a good program, even our dream program. At least then we'd all have to build a little bit which I think would be fairly interesting.

THIS ONLY WOULD WORK THOUGH IF WE COMMITTED TO GETTING THROUGH 10+ SEASONS.

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Suge and Gators, I HATE LANE KIFFIN and now I hate you. UB would be better off with tressel there.
    JK i really don't hate you guys, but please anyone is better than lane kiffin

• Like Like x 1
  13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If we started as coordinators the first couple years would be fairly quick since we'd only play one side of the ball.

14. GoGators

The other thing is imagine the strategy that would go into this. You'd have to pick and choose jobs based on schools that would fit your style of play.

Plus it'd add an element to the game. Perhaps Jello and I both listed Oregon as our dream job. It'd be a race to see who could get there first and then once the job came open we'd both have to put our names in the hat and see who got hired. The loser would have to find someplace else. There's a lot of interesting scenarios that could play out in this.

Again though, I'm just brain storming on this stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoGators

I hate the Lame Kiffin too. How you're coming up with otherwise confuses me.

16. GoGators

I think I'd prefer to start as a HC but I guess if someone wanted to be a coordinator at first that'd be cool. Perhaps you could start at a higher prestige level as a coordinator than if you were a HC to help even it out???

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol no i got that part, I live in buffalo and will be obtaining my BS there. See the insult.

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Exactly. Thats what I was imagining happening in the LSU menage trois (no homo). Things could get crazy as hell. Imagine if we did this and aOSU offered me or Jello the job :eek:.

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I like the coaching carousel concept, but I would rather do it as a side league rather than here. Seriously what is stopping us from doing on the non premiere level

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Nothing. i would be happy to host it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. GoGators

I only want to play in one league and put all my NCAA time and efforts into that one team next year. I wouldn't be able to put the time into both leagues to recruit to the level I want to next year. But that's just my scenario.

I forgot you were in Buffalo. I guess I'd rather see the Kiffins coaching girls softball in Canada. Is that better?

22. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

This sounds like a pretty good idea, wish I could push for this setup in the deuce

23. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    As quick as you guys move it shouldnt take long for you all to move up the ranks.

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

very much so, Canadian chicks are hot though

• Like Like x 1
  25. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Yeah that's exactly why I want to start as a 1 star team.... I like to build.