Coaching Changes

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Coaching Changes

Obviously, I don't want this to be a part of the discussion every season, but if anyone has a good reason why they would like to change squads, and can make a case for why the new school would want them, of course, then PM me and we'll discuss it.

AG

2. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Ill stick it out one more year at GT and try to get them an ACC Title. After that, I may go low and try a smaller school.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am hoping to get Army to a bowl game next season.

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I think it'd be cool if we had the following coaching change "rules"...Nothing ground breaking, but here it is:

If you're doing really well at your school, you get to keep that job or move up to a more prestigious job (if you want)...

If you're doing not so well at your school, you can leave for a smaller school or one that's not at prestigious...

Kind of like real life...Ya know? Not that I ever want to leave Oklahoma, but, I'm just sayin'.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This would add an element of pressure to the league for sure. Go 8-4 for a couple of seasons, get the door (at big programs, at least).

But we're all big fans, and I can't see anyone taking it well. It would be fun if there was a CPU setting for it, where we could just set it and take our medicine, but as long as we're doing it ourselves, unless it's self-imposed, I can't see it working. Fun idea, though.

6. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I mentioned this some time back. I like the idea of having to perform under pressure. Although some people here have there favorite teams and would likely get upset over being forced to change teams. Im all for it though. Add's that real life feel to it.

Its something we could address as time goes on. See who would all agree to this. Maybe not only records but we can look at there goals as well

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I could write the logic and we could sim it at the end of each season...someone would have to input all the team records.

Just an idea.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

As is probably the case with others in this league, I would have no desire to play as anyone other that Michigan. I'm just not one to play as someone I don't like. I've turned down various ODs because I couldn't get who I wanted. I play as CSU because I've lived in their home town for the last 10 years. I play as UNC because I've liked them for 20 years. I play as Michigan because I've liked them for 30 years. The only other team in the entire country that I would even consider playing as is Michigan State, my alma mater.

9. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'm kinda torn between these ideas, on one hand, the under perform lose your job is a great idea, but I'd miss my Noles. But at the same time, it sounds kinda cool too. Not sure yet.

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

You're a Sparty alum but play as UM? I don't know the UM-MSU rivalry like I do others but I'm pretty sure that's kind of like me going to school at Oklahoma but playing as Oklahoma State in these leagues. Just seems odd, Jello.

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

As for the idea of coaching goals, etc. I think it could really be fun to have that hanging over our heads but I doubt any of us would every really do bad enough to get the axe. I mean, one non-bowl season for Ohio St. would not cause AG to lose his job. He'd be on the hot seat for sure, but not canned for one off season. I can't really see any of us even qualifying for being demoted. It would be fun to have it out there though.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You all can worry about these things. The Canes are worried about week 1 and a National Title.

13. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Well, we all have season goals and so on. I think mine is

1) Win the ACC

2) Beat Georgia

3) Finish in the Top 10

I think we could base some of our decisions on this. As Jello mentioned, some people would hate to leave there favorite team. However, he does have a few other teams that dont have the 5 or 6 stars to live of of.

I think we could all come up with smaller schools that would hire us. Now, Shaun has nowhere to go but up. That is if he is interested in leaving. I mean, if your team is in the Top 10 at the end of the season and you fail to get into a BCS bowl for two or three consecutive years, it would make some feel that you should move on.

I dont know? We have another year or so to hammer this out. Archie gives us the opportunity to move if we desire and have a good reason. I think if i canr get GT into an ACC title game in the next two years, Im ready to move on

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think if you WON an ACC title game in the next two years, you will have earned your pick of the litter. I don't know if you would WANT to leave though, because by then you will have some of your early recruiting classes maturing and your system will be evolving.

Personally, I am fine with any coaching changes. This is supposed to be fun, and if you aren't having fun with the team you have, then I can't tell anyone not to switch. So really, whatever is decided is cool with this guy.

As for me, the only team I could see myself bolting for would be Notre Dame. Much like Urban Meyer, that would be my dream job. However, this will never happen in a million years due to the commitment of Dat.

15. jello1717

I don't think I was clear enough. I already have a CSU dynasty and wouldn't want another. I have a UNC dynasty and wouldn't want another. Those ODs are basically just filler for me since I wouldn't want to play in 4 different dynasties, all with the same team. If I started running out of video game time, those 2 ODs would be the first to go.

I doubt that I'd have to worry about losing my job as Michigan's coach, but if I did, unless I could somehow talk myself into taking over MSU (which is doubtful), I would be done with this OD. The only reason I got into it in the first place was because Michigan was available. Obviously a lot of you like to play as teams other than your favorite (is anyone other then myself, AG, and JHeb playing as their favorite?) because you like to play the game. I don't play NCAA '10 because I love playing video game football. I play because I love playing as Michigan.

As is always the case I'll go with whatever we all decide on, but if I had some bad seasons and was fired by Michigan, my E-League coaching career would be retired.

16. jello1717

If you grew up or moved to OSU's city and went to school there, would you stop being an OU fan?

I grew up in Lansing, MI (10 minutes from MSU's campus). I've been a Michigan fan since I was 7 years old. After HS I went to a local community college for 2 years. After that I joined the Air Force for 5.5 years. After that, I moved into my parents' house rent free while I went to school. Since it was 10 minutes from MSU's campus and MSU had a good engineering program it was a no-brainer to go to MSU. But, just because I was going to MSU, I certainly wasn't going to throw away 20 years of following the Wolverines.

The best part was in 2000. I had season tickets for MSU's basketball team in the student section (that was the year when we won the national championship). I rooted hardcore for MSU every game
    except for one.

That year UofM came to town so I was up in the student section wearing all of my maize and blue while surrounded by a sea of green and white. Luckily this was back when Michigan's basketball team was still shitty and MSU kicked Michigan's tail so I didn't get my ass kicked during/after the game.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Dat's a hardcore Irish fan, and AMP is one of those FSU wack-jobs :). Raz seems to be a Wisconsin-Pitt-Nebraska guy - he likes him some smashmouth football.

Basis is another ND guy (and so is Hitman), and shaun would knife me for my Buckeyes, if I gave him the chance. I'd like to see us all playing our absolute favorite teams, but I think we all have teams we really like. We just double up in a few spots, and some of us play as a few teams.

All in all, though, we have a pretty enthusiastic thing here. And if Basis gets the job done, we'll have our third coach win a national championship in four seasons. We seem to have a nice balance here, and everybody seems to knock everybody else around with some regularity. It makes things fun.

18. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I am an LSU fan, being there is good. I wouldnt want to leave. So I understand it.

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Why don't you use LSU in this dynasty? Just curious why you were OU and now Alabama when LSU has been open all along. Interesting...

20. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I guess that makes sense overall...The only part that would be odd for me is the part where I imagine me trying to go to all of the Oklahoma State home basketball games and cheering for them and all that...Oh well. I was curious.

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

LSU was taken earlier this year by Geauxlden. However, Bruce is making that very change (or, as I like to call it, pulling the reverse Saban) as soon as I get a chance to do it for him.

LSU will be a part of the league again next year. Good luck to Bruce and the Bayou Bengals.

22. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I moved from Oklahoma only because you were a fan otherwise I would still be there. Loved them as a kid...the whole Switzer option offense..

Alabama made sense cause it added balance to the league, LSU was taken.

LSU is now open, I told AG that I would stay as Alabama until the season was over and did.

Now I get my team. (y)

23. jello1717

Yeah, I forgot about Dat's ND and Amp's FSU. It'll be cool to have LSU in here again as that's a good yearly conference game for the Gators (I'm not sure if they play Bama every year or not). Now, if we could just get some talent on that Buffalo team (but that might be a couple years into the future) we could have some good competition in the Big12 too.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I would have potentially played Alabama every year for the rest of eternity in the SEC title game. So, I would be playing Russ every year anyway. Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, the result will always be the same: a f'n close game! The Oklahoma game earlier this season was an anomaly. Looking forward to seeing you in purple and yeller Russ.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I would probably get fired...:)