Coaching Contract?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Richuation, Jul 30, 2011.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Is it possible to be offered another job prior to the end of your current contract?

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Nice

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

you can't be fired mid season can you?

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Hopefully not!

I know it's early, but Coach Erickson is already looking to jump ship at the end of the season. Our Head Coach has made a few puzzling calls. One great example. 3rd and 7 from my 33 and the defense gets a sack and the offense is called for holding. 4th and 12 now, and a probable punt, right? Nope, the slap-dick accepts the penalty. 3rd and 17 now, and naturally the CPU converts.

Needless to say, a few profanities were launched, a headset thrown, and fists pounded the glass of the pressbox window...

• Like Like x 1
  6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

ha ha. My defense does shit like that all the time.

I hate being a coordinator. I'm taking the first head job I can get my hands on, I don't care if it's in Ghana.

• Like Like x 2
  7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I have actually enjoyed being a D coordinator. It's been interesting what my O can do with the field position I earn them.

8. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I guess "interesting" is one adjective to use. I prefer maddening, disheartening, lackluster, putrid, inept.

Case in point, against Ball State I picked a pass off and was on the Ball State 23 yard line. Score tied 0-0, I'm guaranteed at least 3 points right? Wrong.

My OC runs the option against any front and scheme. Well since the CPU plays mostly zone, mostly cover 2 and since my QB steadfastly refuses to hand the ball off to the FB (my best player) on the triple that means we're usually running an option to the flats with a CB just sitting there. Does my QB keep it and take 3-4 yards? Does he run at the CB, attacking him to make a decision? No, instead he strings out the play and decides to pitch it at the last minute. The Cover 2 CB simply steps up, picks off the pitch and returns it for a TD.

This would happen later in the game for another Ball State defensive TD. The fact that my offense gave them 14 points and Ball State scored 30 all game (meaning they only scored 16 points on my defense, 1 TD) isn't taken into account for my coaching goals. All that matters is Ball State scored 30 so I must be a terrible DC and it's reflected in my goals. ugh!

9. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I am hoping that I can get a HC job somewhere. When I put up 21+ points in a game and the defense shows no signs of wanting to be on the field, it is rather frustrating.

10. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

i understand the frustration man. I just hope the game is setup where it recognizes your abilities and gives users an opportunity to move up. Only time will tell..