Coaching Positions Available - Season 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 27, 2009.

?

What will matter most to you when switching schools for the first time?

1. Players/Recruiting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A particular school

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A particular conference

33.3%
  4. other

66.7%
  1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Coaching Positions Available - Season 4

These numbers are based off of simming through the bowls and into the season 4 pre season.

The only coaches that will be up for new coaching jobs are:
    Parrothead (NIU - 5 star prestige)
    Murk (CMU - 5 star prestige)

In that case, I would pick first if I so happened to leave my beloved Central Michigan :)

1 star schools - Coach win percentage must be .650 or under
    All 1 star programs apply, they include:
    Army
    Duke
    Eastern Michigan
    Idaho
    Memphis
    Miami University
    New Mexico State
    SMU
    San Diego State
    San Jose Stae
    Temple
    Tulane
    UAB
    UL Lafayette
    UL Monroe
    UNLV
    Western Kentucy
    Western Michigan
    Wyoming

2 star schools - Coach win percentage must be .600 or under
    All 2 star programs apply, they include:
    Akron
    Arizona
    Arkansas State
    Baylor
    Colorado State
    FIU
    Florida Atlantic
    Illinois
    Iowa State
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Marshall
    Mid Tenn State
    Mississippi State
    Navy
    New Mexico
    North Western
    Ohio
    Pittsburgh
    South Carolina
    Syracuse
    Toledo
    UCLA
    UConn
    UTEP
    Washington State

3 star schools - Coach win percentage must be .500 or under
    8 of the 21 3 star programs apply, they include:
    Air Force
    Auburn
    Indiana
    Kansas State
    Louisiana Tech
    Purdue
    Stanford
    Virginia

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

CMU coach, Coach K, may not be staying put after all

After being questioned during a press conference, Coach K announced that he wasn't sure if the Orange Bowl vs USF would be his last game with Central Michigan.

Among many schools, Coach K has reportedly received calls from the Big 10 (Illinois, Indiana, North Western, and Purdue), the SEC (Kentucky, South Carolina, and Auburn), Lousiana Tech of the WAC, Virginia of the ACC, and Kansas State of the Big 12.

Later, Coach K admitted, "I would like to go back to my spread option attack that was so successful with LeFevour and company, but we just don't have the personel at the moment."

However, he also said that, "I can't really picture myself leaving Central Michigan behind just yet. There is such a great foundation set up, and my recruits have turned into such great players (Daniel Downs and Marcus Kemp)."

Who would leave in his shoes? He has a young/talented team, a solid recruiting foundation, and conference championship potential.

It has been rumered, but not proven, that Coach K has actually met with the athletic directors of the following schools:

Illinois, Inidiana, Purdue, Auburn, and Kentucky.

3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Just curious....(not bitching cuz im not going anywhere anyway) But USM not 5 star prestige?

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm not understanding your question..

Are you asking why you don't qualify?

You haven't done any of the above, unless you won coach of the year through the game.

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Ahhhh nevermind im an idiot.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Based on those rumors, I can say that if any are proven true, Coach Parrothead comes back to NIU for another year! :p

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

aw wth! that's no fun

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It is if you hate the Big 10 and don't want to be an SEC team. Based on the rules, you get to choose first. Also, based on the rules, teams can't go to a conference with nobody else there if someone else goes. That said, if you go Big 10 or SEC, I'd be stuck with wherever you'd go. There's not a single Big 10 team I'd want to be, and I'm not too interested in any of the available SEC teams. Thus, your decision makes my decision. :cool:

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

If true that doesn't seem fair. Why let one persons choice determine the others?

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Auburn looks sick by the way. so does ill.

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I remembered the rule being. I think it was so that two people didn't have an easy run at their conference championship, but I don't recall.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I meant that rule as we're not going to have a single person in every different conference.

The goal is to have atleast one other person in your conference eventually.

You can go to the Big 12

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Ah, ok. That makes sense, then. I thought it meant that if you chose the Big 10, I had to go to the Big 10. So, for argument's sake, I could choose Washington State if you chose Auburn, right?

14. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Washington St. yeah right!

Way to throw Murk off from your preference. ;)

15. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Easy! I don't want Murk stealing Idaho from under my nose!

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lmao...you can go wherever you want to.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna go or not. If I do it will most likely be Big 10. I want to run the spread option stuff ..

here's the thing..

Illinois has a nice team to do it with, has good recruiting, but will lose a lot after this year.

Indiana has two stud WRs, a pretty good tailback, and a good QB to run the option with. Also, the back up QB is actually better, faster, quicker, better thrower and is a ...yes, WR.

Purdue, has THE best QB to run what I want with. He goes by Denard Robinson. Yes, that guy. From Michigan, mhm...yeah, will be a junior!

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Lets just turn this into a general discussion on switching schools..

Parrothead..do you think you will be moving on?

Also, does it make more sense to move at the beginning of the off season or after off season recruiting?

18. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm pretty much as good as gone. In terms of moving, I'd say it's better to do it at the beginning of the off season. It would make it more realistic as coaches don't normally get hired after recruiting is over...

Speaking of new schools, is it possible to do custom schedules for coaches if they aren't added before moving to the next season? Just wondered.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yes. schedules are done in the pre season.

I want to go, but I'm not sure. If I do go, we will have to play each other, and I'll have to schedule some games with a couple other guys.

I'm assuming 3 is probably the max of games we could fit into our schedules.

edit: Also, on recruiting. How will be determine the # of 4 and 5 stars allowed to recruit in that off season? Should it be the based off your achievements from the previous year (Season 2) + the prestige of your new program, or should it just be based off of your new program. By that I mean, say I go to Purdue:

My first example, which would include this:
    which I think is how we should do it...it would look like this for the off season:

Column 1 Column 2
    Seniors Graduating 15
    cushon 1
    70-69 0
    1-3 star 10
    4 star 5
    5 star 1
    Schollys Available 16

with out it, it would look like this:

Column 1 Column 2
    Seniors Graduating 15
    cushon 1
    70-69 0
    1-3 star 13
    4 star 3
    5 star 0
    Schollys Available 16

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'd be going Pac-10. I'd only be able to schedule 3 OOC games, then, as the Pac-10 plays everyone in conference (9 games).

In terms of recruiting, I'd say base it on what's going on now, not on the new program. Otherwise there's no real incentive for people who are going to leave for new programs.

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I have to disagree with you in a sense Murk. I think the coaches leaving should then take over the schools rating as far as amount of 4 star recruits they can have. You should keep all earned 5-4 star additions (ie showing up for games, win 10 games so on and so forth) but not keep your amount of 4 star recruits based off of for example you CMU a 4 star program base 4-4star recruits lets say you move to a 3 star program you can then only recruit a base 3-4star recruits. You would still be able to recruit a 5 star player because you earned it by showing up for all user games. In essence you would only loose the ability to recruit 1 4 star player because you left the 4 star school. Make sense?

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That's actually exactly what I am saying.

I was asking if we should take away what we had earned the previous year with extra 4 and 5 stars or not.

I think I know my answer now.

23. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

My first example, which would include this:
    Quote:
    Central Michigan - Murk[/center]
    If you win your bowl game you would have these xtras

[x]Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 5 star player
    [x]Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    []Win the BCS National Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    [x]Win 10 games = recruit an additional 4 star player
    [x]Win a bowl game = recruit an additional 4 star player
    [x]No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 4 star player
    which I think is how we should do it...it would look like this for the off season:

Seniors Graduating 15
    cushon 1
    70-69 0
    1-3 star 10
    4 star 7
    5 star 2
    Schollys Available 16

with out it, it would look like this:
    if you went to a 3 star school
    Seniors Graduating 15
    cushon 1
    70-69 0
    1-3 star 13
    4 star 6
    5 star 2
    Schollys Available 16
    no that is not what you said you gave two examples and the second one had you with no 5 star earned and 1 less 4 star. I say keep what you have earned but loose the team rating. in your case you would loose 1 4 star recruit because you left the 4 star team and went to a 3 star.

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

"which I think is how we should do it" listed above example #1...which is the one you want right?

25. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

There has to be some type of "penalty" (not the right word) because coaches don't usually take over teams the first year and have a really good recruiting class because they are behind in recruiting. A coach won't join a team 2 months before signing day and reel in a crop of 4 and 5 star recruits. If they are already committed that is one thing but not in off-season recruiting should you be able to scoop a top 5 or 10 class your first season for a team that just fired their coach and is hiring a MAC coach as a replacement. Just my thoughts.