Coaching Skill Tree

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by The Parrothead, Jul 13, 2013.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  2. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

I'm just wondering what the point of this is? different coaches specialize in different areas this is making every coach the same.

• Like Like x 1
  3. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

I agree there needs to be a cap, but we are capping everyone out as a game manager. When I first heard the rule I thought it was 2-1 either way which I liked. I prefer the game management side of the tree anyway so it really doesn't affect me, and I also understand that you feel we would get the edge in recruiting, but in actuality we are only catching up.the CPU is already in the mid teens mostly in recruiting so they already have most the perks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

I don't see the need for a cap, if someone wants 100% game management they suffer in recruiting and vise versa. Just seems like an excessive rule in my opinion.

5. publik drunk

Not having a cap would make it unrealistic IMO. Both aspects of the game are equally as important and no successful coach puts all in his chips in one basket. Every coach excells in one area yes but they don't totally neglect the otger
    Other

• Like Like x 1
  6. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

OH NO? examples spurrier and saban are pretty successful :D

7. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

and don't say they have 3 pts in the other tree because when you have 21 in one it becomes irrelevant lol

8. publik drunk

They aren't just known for one area, Saban is a great recruiter but also a great motivator and though it seems like his teams are always superior he can draw up a great game plan. Lane kiffin would be an example, the Guy can get players but can't do nothing with them, that's why he tries to surround himself with excellent coordinators, like his daddy

9. publik drunk

Another thing on the skill tree is at the conference realignment it gives you the opportunity to reset points, not sure how you wanna handle this but my vote would be once they are spent their spent. Coaches don't all of a sudden become good recruiters or game managers in one offseason,

10. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

agreed with the reset

11. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

I agree. Do not reset points.

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

The point of it rests with how the CPU recruits vs. users, as well as what happens should anyone leave the league and need to be replaced. The CPU traditionally has been horrible at recruiting when going up against users. By giving users a way to increase their own recruiting skills, this would allow the CPU to do even worse. There were a couple of tests run on it, and those guys seemed to prefer the 3:1 ratio. I thought this seemed a bit strict, so I went with the 2:1. If I see other leagues are not doing this and not having issues, then I'll open it up. Until then, the ratio is still 2:1.

As for the reset, I believe I set it up so you can NOT reset things. I don't recall for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm wondering if we need to revisit how we're doing this. I'm open to suggestions, but leaning more towards keeping things on a 1:1 ratio between the two items if we do go for a change. Another option would be to declare how you're going to proceed with one of three choices: 1:1 ratio, 2:1 ratio of game management:recruiting, or 1:2 ratio of game management:recruiting. Let me know your thoughts.

On a side note, LeGeNd RiPs, you added a 3rd recruiting skill to your tree even after I had mentioned above not to do it. Depending upon what we decide here, I'll let you know how we'll handle it.

BALLisL1FE 21
    Ghost
    Riptides
    Will Atkinson
    tar heel
    HuskerPower
    kcstlmang
    publik drunk
    LeGeNd RiPs
    dmw7782
    wahoogamer

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  14. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

I'm totally for 1:1 but like I've said I don't think it matters. It ll be 6 seasons before anyone maxes out the tree if they were to put it all in one. But as far as a 2:1 or 3:1 that's just making clone coaches imo.

Theres perks of both trees, depends on what you want to do. I don't see there being a clear advantage either way.

15. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

I think a 1:1 ratio is fair.

16. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

I say at least a 1:1. Other than that, it doesnt matter to me.

17. wahoogamer

wahoogamer Walk On

Yeah I'm with 1:1

18. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Shit. My bad man. I didn't even think about it while I was doing it. I'm in other dynasties with no cap on skill points. My apologies. Let me know what I need to do. Sorry Guys.

19. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

no big deal here rips

20. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

1:1 Sounds fine with me.

21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

• Like Like x 1