Coach's Corner

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Jan 20, 2011.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to the Coach's Corner, where we will be gaining access to some of the toughest hard nosed coaches in all of the NCAA. This is where we will find out how each coach is doing in the league.

[​IMG]
    Coach Hack, Texas A&M has really taken a huge step since you joined them at the end of season 3. What do you credit for the success so far?
    TAMU has been a tough school to recruit for in year's past, how have you approached the recruiting trail lately?
    You are an alumni at Texas A&M, what are some of your favorite players from the school?
    What is the one thing that drives you nuts as far as gameplay against a user?
    What are your goals for SH, and what can we improve on as a group?
    Thanks for your time
    @HackGolfer​

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Coach Hack, Texas A&M has really taken a huge step since you joined them at the end of season 3. What do you credit for the success so far?
    My offense has really been the crutch so far this season. Specifically, the offensive line. We currently have 4 of the best senior lineman in the country, and their hard work over the last few years is finally getting some national attention. Last year, we struggled to establish a solid run game, and had to rely heavily on the arm of QB Jameill Showers to get it done. Without great pocket protection, Jameill made some quicker decisions that lead to costly turnovers and cost us some games last year. With Ben [Malena] being able to finding some open running lanes this year, our offensive approach is falling into place and has gotten us through these tough Big XII rivalry games.
    TAMU has been a tough school to recruit for in year's past, how have you approached the recruiting trail lately?
    It has and always will be tough to go head to head with OU and UT within the Texas Pipeline. Our Big XII Title and BCS Bowl win last season has carried over the momentum to make this a special season, but it has also given us an extra push in recruiting. It is always our goal to find the players we need to fit into our system, but not necessarily hunting down every :5stars: possible and going into a spitting match between the other power houses. We have been able to find some underrated gems that can create an instant impact on the field and as long as it keeps A&M successful, then that's the approach we will continue to take.

You are an alumni at Texas A&M, what are some of your favorite players from the school?
    A&M has seen their share of greats in the past. I would be a fool not to mention the school's only Heisman Winner, John David Crow (55-57), however their are some bigger names that would standout in the national spotlight. LB Dat Nguyen (95-98) is arguably one of the best defensive players the school has ever had, and helped lead the Aggies to a Big XII Championship in his senior season. QB Bucky Richardson (88-91) was one of the most exciting signal callers for the Aggies, finishing his career 24-6-1, including a road win over Brett Favre and Southern Miss as a true freshman.
    To bring this out of the history lesson and back into present tense, LB Von Miller, WR Jeff Fuller and RB Cyrus Gray are some of my current favorites on the field. Von Miller was a true leader and will be tough to replace at the "Joker" position that our DC created just for Miller.
    What is the one thing that drives you nuts as far as gameplay against a user?
    The delay on the kicking meter. I struggle with the 30+ yard FGs from either hash against user's because if you don't time the delay appropriately, you could wind up shanking the kick 10 yards right and short.

What are your goals for SH, and what can we improve on as a group?
    The goal of SH has always been the same since the start -- Establish a competitive league built around friendships and honor -- and I'd say we have done a pretty decent job of doing that. I talk to more of you guys on a daily basis than I do anyone else, and can truly say I have made some great friends and friendly in-game rivalries in this league. And I hope you all feel that the same applies to you.
    I wouldn't change much as a group. I think there are times where we can improve on communication about playing games, or having an issue with another user, or complaints about sliders or settings, but overall I we are right where I had hoped we would be.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

@sdid22

Coach, have the Gators exceeded your expectations this year? In what ways can they continue to improve down the stretch?

How has recruiting gone so far? You have been the king of speed, anybody coming in with world class speed?

Florida is a perennial contender in the SEC, what are some of the toughest games you have played while the coach at Florida? What are some of the greatest SEC moments you've had?

Which player(s) have impressed you the most at Florida this season? Anybody there that you can build towards a run at the National Championship in the years ahead?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On