Coach's Strategy

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by charter04, Aug 10, 2012.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I thought we could have a thread to discuss our game stratety and other strategy discussion.

2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

How does everybody use line shifts? Do you even use it at all?

3. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I rarely ever shift but I do spread and pinch my line quite a bit.

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

What about on offense. Do you use the blocking options. Like left, right, aggressive, or pinch?

5. Twister18

There are a few things that I have read or heard but some people shift to the side they are running but it always seems to let a blitzing LB through. I usually will pinch the line when running up the middle or use aggressive when running a stretch play, etc..

6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I never thought about using left or right on running plays. I use aggressive on some running plays too. I use the left and right slide protection for pass plays when it looks like I'll be getting pressure from one of those sides. I need to try pinch for pressure coming up the middle.

7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Left or Right doesnt really help at all for the run. But it can be very helpful for designed rollout plays.

8. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Does anyone use the gameplaning features? If so what do you use and how often?

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I guess no one is interested in discussing coaching strategy as much as I am. Lol

10. Twister18

Sorry bro. I use a lot of conservative catch and run but have tried to get away from it. I only turn on any defensive like strip and jump snap if I am down and need a turnover

• Like Like x 1
  11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I'm the same way. I don't use conservative run anymore. You get tackled too easy. I use the defensive aggressive stuff if I need a TO and am behind. I use aggressive d-line pretty much only in 2 min drill situations.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Sorry I have been preoccupied with some stuff so have been slacking on my content. I also don't use a lot of the settings. On offense I try to mix up my play calling and keep my opponent guessing. Play action is very useful in this game but I suck at running draw plays. On defense I try to avoid using run commit, but will use pass commit on obvious passing downs. I rarely use game planning features but will occasionally switch my pass rush settings in certain situations. After my T1 game I am never using aggressive big hit in this game, Auburn's HB broke like 50 tackles.

13. Twister18

Yeah I never use run commit but will crash the line instead. I rarely use pass commit anymore especially against Papa "the draw" Perry!

• Like Like x 1
  14. charter04

charter04 Walk On

It seems like most users on here are going more and more to the ground and pound style of play. Some are using the option to do it but, still the same. I know TO's are one of the reason. It also seems like this years game does a better job of making strength, trucking, break tackle, ect. make a difference. Size seems to matter. I think I am going to have to start pounding that rock too. LOL. I played an unranked game with someone online and used this philosophy and won 28-21. I ran the crap out of the ball. He passed a ton and had 5 int's. I didn't even try on deffense because I was just working on offensive stuff. Seems to be something to it.

15. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

ive been pounding the rock for about 3 or 4 years now. cant remember which year but one year the game came out and i couldnt pass to save my life so i just started running the ball. alot of users have trouble stopping a good running attack and i try and use that to my advantage. i can pass when i need to but if i can keep my passing under 10 attempts per game im happy

16. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

This. Exactly this for me.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think we will get along just fine ;)

18. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

well thats good lol. we are prolly gonna play each other twice a year so itd be better to get along lol

19. Twister18

I just think this patch has changed the game for me. The passing feels way different than before. Almost like last years. :(

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I couldn't pass worth shit against Charter last night. Every CB on his team had my guys covered like Champ Bailey. I went back and watched replays on every interception I threw. I had time to pass but my receivers never got more than an inch separation on any of those 4 plays. I also watched the one play I scrambled after 10 seconds in pocket, no open receivers.

• Like Like x 1
  21. charter04

charter04 Walk On

It really is strange. I don't think it happens every time but, it does happen. I had open receivers most of the game. I didn't have anyone open deep but, short slants, drag routes, out and in routes and post plays were open. I have had games were everyone is covered though. If you go into practice mode pick 2 deep man as the defense you go against. you will notice blanket coverage. It seems that the real game plays this way sometimes. I wonder if slider adjustments could help? It seems like man to man with to safeties deep is when this happens the most.

One thing to do if you see two safeties deep is to find out if it's man coverage. You motions a RB out for a route and see if a LB goes with him. If that happens then hot route a TE or Slot receiver to a slant route or a drag route. You should have that route mostly open. this has helped me.

22. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

we had another patch come out guys? When did that happen? They need to fix that read option BULLSHIT and have the dam DE have a ounce or 2 of brains and tackle someone. No I am not bitter,,,,,,just a bit annoyed:D

23. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I don't think the one last did anything to game play. I think it fixed some of the online dynasty problems with not being able to save highlights and that kind of stuff

24. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

ah ok...guess I was getting my hopes up for nothing then. I just need to find the time to study this game for like a 8 hour period without anyone bothering me. I just feel that the offense has the upper hand and I pride myself in my ability to play defense but so far not this game. :D