Coast2Coast - "The Man" Award for NCAA 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, May 26, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Coast2Coast - "The Man" Award for NCAA 2010

In the spirit of the prior MVP awards and the Hall of Fame, I thought it would be cool to issue and award to the most dominant player for the entire run of Coast 2 Coast circa 2010. Try and imagine a gold statuette of Ric Flair strutting his stuff and you get the idea.

What I'm thinking is that each person who wants to participate (I'd like it to be everyone but I'll be realistic) bring up someone from their team who they'd like to nominate for the award, as well as bring up someone from another person's team who you think would be worthy. Please include stories of each player's exploits to support your case.

Once we have enough candidates, I'll hold a vote to determine the winner. The voting will be similar to the MVP voting in the past.

Noles - if you wouldn't mind stickying this thread I'd appreciate it.

2. Dru50

I'll start us off.

My nominee from someone else's team is the current MLB for FSU (his name is escaping me at the moment, probably because I've expunged it from my memory to avoid any more nightmares). Not only is the dude really talented, but when controlled by Noles he has a supernatural ability to knife through the entire OL untouched to make tackles on running backs. He was instrumental in FSU being the only team to beat Texas last year, but he also forced the fumble that turned what looked like a sure Texas win at FSU into a loss for the Horns. *&#$!!!!!!!! - Not that I'm still bitter about it or anything.

My nominee from Texas would be the beast from last season, HB Chris Whaley. He broke the NCAA single season record (which I believe was over 20 years old) for rushing TD's with 43, despite not playing in the second half of any CPU game. Plus, he was the key of the offense and went over 100 yards in every game, including user games where he put up at least 100 and 2 TD's in every user game. Opponents knew he was getting the ball and it was going to be between the tackles, but he continued to bulldoze his way to big game after big game. He only started last year, which was probably a mistake by me, he should have been the starter in prior years as well but I was running a spread attack. He was the goal line back for 3 years and put up nearly 60 or 70 TD's in his career.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

For Florida I'm going to go with Dee Finley. He was a 3 year starter at SS for Florida and also played in dime packages as a :rs: freshman. As a starter he led the Gators in tackles each season and he finished with 306 tackles. He also played a big role in the passing game, intercepting 17 passes and 25 knock downs. His 2011 performance earned the Thorpe Award.

As for the opposition, I'm debating which Florida State safety to give the award to. Terrance Parks and JaJuan Harley have given me problems but the one that sticks in my head is Derrek Murray. I swear he has scored a defensive TD in every game I played Florida State. I couldn't begin to quote his actual stats but before each FSU game I pray he gets hit by a bus.

4. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

For Oklahoma I am going with Punter/Kicker Tres Way.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Masoli. Back to back Heismans and more awards than you can shake a stick at. No one wanted a piece of Oregon when he was clicking.

other team? I'll nominate Utah's QB the last time we played(before Bogey moved to Neb). he had 2 comeback wins against my Ducks If I recall correctly.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Well since I am the "commish" I will try to bring a start studded effort. Every programs best non recruited player(s) and recruited player(s):

White = Still in School

Alabama
    Non-Recruited:
    Lorenzo Washington- 85 tackles, 47 for loss and 27 sacks
    or
    Kendell Kelly- 132 rec, 2750 yards, 20.8 avg, 28 TDs and awards 2013 Heisman, 2013 Best WR.
    Recruited:
    MLB Kevin Carroll
    or
    WR Thomas Marshall
    or
    WR Chris Newton

[str]Boise State[/str]
    Non-Recruited: Kellen Moore
    [str]Recruited:[/str]

Florida
    Non-Recruited:
    Dee Finley finished off a spectacular career, 306 tackles, 36 tfl, 4 sacks, 17 INTs, 3 TDs, 25 defl, 3 FF, 2 FR and a Thorpe award.
    Recruited:
    QB Brandon McCloud
    or
    MLB Andrew Brown

Florida State
    Non-Recruited:
    Terrance Parks- a straight menace to offenses, Bednarik and two time Thorpe winner.
    Recruited:
    QB Joe Smith
    or
    MLB Brian Adams
    or
    FS Derek Murray
    or
    CB Lawrence Everett

Miami
    Non-Recruited:
    Aldarius Johnson straight up terrorized defensive backfields @ 6'3'' 215 lbs could go across the middle or beat you deep, 2010 Best WR.
    Recruited:
    QB John Brooks
    or
    HB Isaac Henderson
    or
    HB Jason Pino
    or
    FS Darrell Smith

Michigan
    Non-Recruited:
    Vlad Emilien finished his career with 303 Tackles, 12 TFL, 12 INT, 14 Def, 2 FF FR and barley missed the cut to be in the Hall.
    Recruited:
    OLB Nick Starks

Nebraska
    Non-Recruited:
    Rex Burkhead- 3,098 yards, 5.2 avg, 36 TDs, Rushes 20+ 18
    Recruited:
    SS Nick Crum

Notre Dame
    Non-Recruited:
    Cierre Woods- left school a year early but put up helluva stats: 4181 yards, 5.6 avg, 53 TDs, Rushes 20+ 23 and 2011 Walker award
    Recruited:
    QB Lance Yates
    or
    WR Carnell Branch- career 50 rec 1,112 yards, 22.2 avg, 5 TDs

Ohio State
    Non-Recruited:
    Boom Herron led the NCAA in rushing his Junior year and took home the Maxwell and Walker awards.
    Recruited:
    QB Kenny Guiton- 158.7 rating, 3,463 yards, 24 TDs, 18 INTs, 58.7%
    or
    QB Leonard Jackson
    or
    HB TJ Perry
    or
    MLB Micah Wolfe- 177 tackles, 16 tfl, 5 sacks, 3 INTs

Oklahoma
    Non-Recruited:
    Ryan Broyles is probably the favorite but I would say RE Frank Alexander guy was a freak and still have nightmares of the guy.
    Recruited:
    QB Ben Hinds
    or
    HB Jason Holiday
    or
    WR Frank Martin

Oregon
    Non-Recruited:
    Jeremiah Masoli- 2 time Heisman winner
    Recruited:
    QB Barrett James
    or
    WR Raishaun Williams
    or
    QB Charlie Williams- 196.1 Rating, 365-550, 6070 yards, 78 TDs, 27 ints, 66.4%, HOF

Texas
    Non-Recruited:
    Chris Whaley broke the season rushing TD record and was a major factor in Texas' success.
    Recruited:
    QB Scott Felder
    or
    WR Kenny Ingram
    or
    DE Antoine Smith

USC
    Non-Recruited:
    Joe McKnight put up 2 solid seasons and if it wasn't for a few other guys he would have been tops in the country. I believe he was the #1 pick when I did the Madden draft classes.
    Recruited:
    QB Marvin Love
    or
    HB Shannon Jones
    or
    WR John Stephens- 131 rec, 2,202 yards 16.8 avg 25 TDs

[str]Utah[/str]
    Non-Recruited:
    Jordan Wynn or Sausan Shakerin- 3507 yards, 6.2 avg, 38 TDs, Rushes 20+ 27, awards 2012 Heisman, 2012 Maxwell and 2012 Walker
    Recruited:
    HB Deon Ralph

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Get Barrett James off this list. After Oregon wins out the remainder of their schedule and BJ takes home the Heisman you can put him in contention. ;)

Oregon's best recruited player so far has been C-Will without a doubt.

8. Dru50

Noles is just trying to help get some convo going since nobody really responded except him and brave. This thing may not ever get off the ground anyhow.

The idea was that each coach nominate someone from their own team and someone from another team.

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

My current QB Jason White would probably be in the running be we won't have time to do another season.

As far as other teams I nominate Cierre Woods all day long.

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The main man for ND has been Cierre Woods. He was just a pure beast! Next would have been Shaq Evans.

The main opponent for ND would be HB Shakerin from Utah, leaving a string of Irish defenders in his wake. The other would be Michigans QB Forcier and the new one White is pretty scary as well.

11. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I would have prolly put Shakerin up for this but the more I look at it, the more I think I would have to put up my current SS Nick Crum. 10 games into his true Soph. year he has 250 tackles, 13 picks and something like 7 FF's in 23 college games. Those number are a bit inflated bacause of how bad the rest of my D is, but still.

As for an opponent, Whaley form Texas killed me, as well as Woods from ND and the QB from Miami a few years back, cant go wrong with any of them.

12. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

For USC, I'd put up Marvin Love. He doesn't put up the flashiest numbers, but I really like how I can operate the offense with him this year.

I've only played 3 user games, but I would have to say Florida's QB McCloud is the best player I've gone against. He was so tough and has a great arm.

13. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Miami - Sean Spence. Yall couldnt even hold his jock strap. Maybe Marcus Robinson too cuz that dude (a DE) had 91 speed or something retarded like that.

FSU - That gawd awful safety that had like 100+ tackles and 10+ interceptions every year he was on campus. Noles made me play FSU (ad I guess everyone else too) differently after he racked up like numerous interceptions because of my insistence on throwing the deep post.

14. Dru50

At the risk of inflating Noles' ego :))), I thought I should also bring up that 6'5" WR he had last season, the name escapes me, but that guy was so dangerous on those deep jump balls it made me entirely change the way I played defense last year in our game.

15. KnightNoles

Rodney Smith

16. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

My team I would say Jordan Hall. He went into every season #2 on the depth chart, and lead my team in rushing in two seasons. He also delivered some great highlight runs. He wasn't flashy, and didn't break a ton of huge runs, but he was the definition of consistent and durable and gritty which I think would be the epitome of this award.

From someone else team, I'd say Garrett Gilbert. Not so much for having huge days vs. me, but he was so fucking clutch....even coming in as a freshman after Chiles got injured in the 1st quarter in the shoe and carving my defense up... He was money though, I gotta give him that.

17. BDSDIGITAL

Oh and Noles, your post earlier in this thread was really good. Kudos to you man.

18. KnightNoles

I expect us to hammer this out when the season is over and plenty of other things to talk about which I will bring up when we are waiting.

19. Dru50

Brian, did you mean to refer to Garrett Gilbert? He was the QB for me who played vs OSU in our home and home series.

A guy from OSU that really gave me trouble was your RDE in those games, as always I'm awful with names.

20. BDSDIGITAL

Yes that's who I meant.

21. KnightNoles

bump this shit back up