Cocky Talk: South Carolina Gamecocks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gwill, Jan 22, 2010.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Cocky Talk: South Carolina Gamecocks

South Carolina wins its 1st SEC title with a 41-22 win over Alabama. The Gamecocks forced 4 turnovers (3 INTs, 1 fumble) in a dominating effort

Players of the Game

Reid McCollum: 14-28 190 Yds, TD
    Eric Baker: 16 Carries, 59 Yds, 2 TD

2. gwill

South Carolina loses heartbreaker in Sugar Bowl

South Carolina loses to USF 27-26. The only comments Coach had afterwards were "I'm not upset at the loss, I'm upset at the way we lost. South Carolina is done screwing around, we're through being stepping stones for other teams to the BCS it's a wrap. Next Year, we have 2 goals: Win a Nat'l Title and DOMINATE EVERYONE we play. Next Year, we're coming for peoples' head."

Wide Receiver Tori Gurley was also angry & upset saying "We didn't lose that game, it was stolen. We don't care if they (USF) hear it, that's how me and this team feels and if they want to do something about it, see us next year. No cute catchphrases, just the talk on the field."

Wide Receiver Jason Barnes says "It's disappointing, I feel like we didn't lose, we just didn't win. I feel like if we play nine more times, we win nine times. Unfortunately, this was the one time they win and it counts."

Quaterback Reid McCollum said "We're upset. To play as hard as we did and not get a win is disappointing. They want to quote Hulk Hogan and use him for motivation. Well, for next year our motivatonal figure is The Rock and team's are going to receive losses courtsey of the lame team beating, southern cooking eating, trailblazing, heartbeat raisin, heartstoppin, jaw droppin, SEC Champ The Gamecocks! They need to remember what happened when The Rock & Hulk Hogan met up and who won."

Player of the Game: Tori Gurley-7 REC, 133 yds.

3. gwill

[​IMG]

South Carolina 2011: Men On a Mission

On paper, last season was a sucess. 10 win season, conference champs, and a BCS bowl bid, but to coach Gwill and his team that was a failure.

"A sucessful season to us is an undefeated season, conference champs, and a national title. For the past two years, teams have used us as a stepping stone in the BCS, and this year that stops. We've been relatively unknown, sort of like outcasts. So since we feel like outcasts, that's what we're going to be. We're the outcasts and outlaw team and we ain't taking no S***. I said it after the Sugar Bowl, we got two goals: a national title and Dominate Everyone. This Year, we don't care. We're celebrating when we score, every team that play us is getting a complementary fist in the mouth and foot in the ***. This team is on a mission, and to everyone on our schedule, we got 3 words for you: JUST BRING IT!

Coach on schedule:

We're not backing down from anyone. We play first six weeks, then a bye, then the next five weeks, then another bye, then we end at Clemson. We want a nat'l title, so who better than to start our year off with than Texas A&M who beat us last year to solidfy their spot in the title game. We havent forgot, we look forward to returning the favor and killing their dream. Also a return game with Colorado is in order. I didn't coach that game, so they decided to take full advantage of it. Well I'm back, and I'm not missing this one. And also after a year off, we play our in-state rival Clemson. I can't wait to renew this rivalry.

Coach on Offense/Defense

Our offense is locked, stocked and ready to go. Stephen Garcia is QB1 again and is set to have a breakout year. Wide Recevers Tori Gurley and Jason Barnes return to make the pass offense one of the Nation's best again. To all defenses, on Behalf of Air Gwill and your pilots Stephen Garcia and Reid McCollum we'd like to welcome you to Columbia, South Carolina. On the ground, the Gamecocks have a stable of horses ready to run.

Defensively, we were abysmal last year, but we've adjustments. This defense is ready to shut everyone down.

Final Thoughts

2011 is the year of the Gamecocks, so get ya popcorn ready because the Gamecocks are coming and if you're not down with that we got two words for you....​

4. gwill

Week 1: South Carolina falls short again

South Carolina opens up the year against Texas A&M, and falls short 17-14. Coach Gwill was visibly upset. This one is on our offense. The defense did their part, holding them to less than 200 of yards total offense. We can't have turnovers and expect to win. The positive is even with 3 turnovers, they only scored 7 points off them.

Offensively, 7 sacks is not acceptable; we will be making adjustments to counter that. Also we forced three turnovers and only scored 7 points. We beat ourselves this game, and its hard to win when you're playing two teams. It's an uphill fight from here on out, so we're going out to Cali hungry, and we're coming back with a win.​

Player of the Game: South Carolina defense- 3 INTs

Next Opponent: @Stanford

5. gwill

Week 4:Back On Track; Gamecocks Roll 48-7

South Carolina plays its first complete game of the year, destroying Mississippi St 48-7. The Gamecocks had 485 yards of total offense.

Coach on win

Its a good win. We're happy, but its not good enough. Offensively, we perfomed flawlessly. A good week of practice will do that. Those two losses are two weeks ago. After talking to coaches and players, we felt we needed a new identity. In the three years I've been here we have never performed better. Defensively, we're still working. We're still giving up too many big plays, which is how teams are beating us. At the end the day, another win, another step closer to the BCS.

Coach on Possible QB Controversy

It's too soon to tell. Right now Stephen is still out another 2 weeks, so Reid is still QB1. After he comes back, we'll make a decision. Once we make a decision, that's who we're rolling with for the remainder of the year. ​

Player of the Game
    Eric Baker: 22 CAR, 122 Yds, 2 TDs
    Reid McCollum: 19-26, 275 Yds, 3 TDs

6. gwill

Week 5: A Tale of Two Teams: Gamecocks win 38-14

South Carolina wins ugly 38-14 over Auburn. The team looked great in the first half jumping out to a 24-7 lead. But the second half was terrible with two INTs.

Coach on Team's Performance

This was one the worst games we played. People will look at the score and say you won big, and this is true, but we took our foot off the gas and against the top teams you can't do that. At the end of the day, another win another step closer to the BCS.

Player of the Game
    Reid McCollum: 20-29, 301 Yds, 4 Total TDs (3 Passing, 1 Rushing)​

7. gwill

Week 6: South Carolina Puts All Together, Win 47-20

South Carolina puts it all together and plays a perfect game to date, beating Arkansas 47-20.

Coach on Perfomance

This was a 100% better performance. Once we got rollin, we never stopped. Defensively, it was our best game to date. we limited big plays in the passing game and took away their run game. Offensively, Reid and Stephen looked good running the offense, so we might run two QB's from here on out.

Coach on QB's

They both looked great. Their yards were similar passing, and seemed like the rest of the offense didn't miss a beat. As far as who's QB1, that we don't know. We have bye week coming up, so we'll use that time to sort our QB situation out. Like I say Another Win, Another step closer to the BCS.

Player of the Game
    Adam Yates: 4-4 FG's (44,46,24,51)

**Wide Receiver Tori Gurley breaks the school record for career receiving yards.​