Cold Hard Facts

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Baron, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]

In a shocking turn of events, the worldwide leader in sports showcased the public and gruesome executions of Mark May and Lou Holtz. Taking over for the departed commentators are Mark Schlereth (Baron) and Kirk Herbstreit (fuzzyl0gic)!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Kicking off the inaugural PFP Cold Hard Facts, they take a look at the outlook early on in the season. ​

Can anyone dethrone Gravity and FSU?
    [​IMG]

Mark: It's impressive what Gravity's managed to do over the past two years. He's certainly been winning the big games year in and year out and he hasn't stumbled hard enough either year. But I think this is the year where the talent he's lost will come back to bite him.

Kirk: I think it is very possible this season. If you take a look at last season, UNC almost had them beat in the CCG. UNC dropped the ball in OT, quite literally, giving FSU the win. They do have their weaknesses, and take a step back talent wise this year as Mark mentioned. They have become quite the mammoth on the recruiting trail though, there may be no stopping them there. They take whoever they want and leave the rest for the ACC to pick over.

Can the Big XII usurp the ACC?

Mark: I think you could make a legitimate argument that the Big XII is the equal of the ACC! They've got the top-tier team in TCU and Oklahoma under DCD and Ryno at Texas are just as good as the down-ticket teams for the ACC. But until the Big XII can win that natty, the ACC will remain on top. But I think this is the year that Philstyle puts everything together and goes all the way to the top.

Kirk: I would agree with you there Mark, if DCD could quit the constant coke fueled benders and actually coach his team up, they have the talent to go all the way. Philstyle seems to be still working his team to perfection, as he had a slip up to UNC in week two and lost quite badly. It may cost him a shot at the NT, but he may also bounce back. This will be an interesting season for both conferences for sure.

Who will win the Big XII?

[​IMG]

Mark: Easy! Philstyle rides Trevon Boykin for another nearly 5,000 yards of total offense but cuts down on those turnovers. DCD might have the defense to stop him, but I doubt it.

Kirk: No question here, I'm going with the most "present" minded coach in Philstyle. He has shown time and again he is a great coach and can win the close ones.

Who will the ACC?

[​IMG]

Mark: This one is much harder because I think this the year Gravity comes back to earth! I think this one is going to go to Miami! Duke Johnson is lightning in a cannon, a lightning-cannon if you will, and Bucs' pro-style attack will be able to get him over the hump. Don't sleep on Clemson either!

Kirk: I think the ACC is really up for grabs for several teams this year. UNC loses to an unranked team in week one, then goes on to clobber #6 TCU. If they can stay consistent, maybe they can sneak back into the CCG. It comes down to Clemson vs FSU in the Atlantic, and Miami vs UNC for the coastal. My gut is telling me Clemson and UNC ultimately make it there this year.​

• Like Like x 5
  2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Good stuff gentleman. I think it's UNCs conference to lose this season.

• Like Like x 1