College Athletes Looking to Join a Union

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Timpegoose, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    As much as I hate unions, it probably needs to happen in order for the athletes to actually have a voice in this discussion. Unfortunately the union reps will likely take it too far and it will impact the sport in a lot of negative ways.

The fight to define amateurism and the NCAA role in student athlete's college experience is really only one-sided right now. In order to resolve a lot of the issues the players need some sort of representation.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Saw this on twitter.

[​IMG]

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the day they pay these guys is the day I stop watching.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I've worked in a Union manufacturing plant before. This will be the downfall of college athletics. Unions killed US manufacturing in many areas over concepts such as "It's my job to sweep the floor, here is a grievance"

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'm kind of split between YES! ABOUT TIME! THEY DESERVE SOMETHING! camp and Let's all just take a hard look, they are STUDENT-Athletes and amateurs.

I'd rather see these guys work with the NCAA and maybe instead of setting up a pay for play system, set up a fund for possibly existing injuries after they get done playing ball to help with bills. Maybe even a 'severance package' that will give them 1, 5, 10 grand after they GRADUATE college.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm sure the ridiculous CEO pay in this country and the discrepancy between it and the average worker had nothing to do with it.

8. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    How much should ceo's make and what's the difference in what ceo's make in America vs the EU japan etcetera CEOs make bigger decisions then a guy turning a wrench observe how manufacturing is leaving the Midwest and north east for the south that are right to work states

9. dakota7

And without the guy turning the wrench that CEO wouldn't make a dime.

10. dakota7

I love how we, as a society, have undervalued the average worker. Why shouldn't the average worker have a voice? Or rights in the workplace?

• Like Like x 1