College Basketball 2013 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Dec 4, 2013.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sparty Party falls to UNC. This means if Arizona continues winning, well be #1. And I guarantee that Arizona will find a way to lose to an Oregon or a Cal. It's bound to happen

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

MSU surprisingly has developing into a jump shooting team over the past 2/3 seasons. And guess what happens to a jump shooting team who doesn't make any shots.... whomp whomp. Least we took the lump early in the year. It's plays to Izzo's strength to bring this team along as the year progresses rather than having them start the season as a #1 team in the country. So a moral win for the loss? Time will tell.....

Note: MSU has not had a top 10 recruiting class in bball in 10+ years yet is one of the most successful come tournament time. In hindsight, Arizona is the complete opposite of that stat. See where that takes us come March.

I do think Arizona is very talented though this year. Although, I only saw the Duke game and Duke has some glaring holes this year.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Wisconsin off to a 10-0 start and #4 ranking (as if rankings in cbb meant something)

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

jello1717 Zona and Michigan face off Saturday. Not sure how good Michigan is this year but I'm nervous. So I'm gonna ask ya in the most indirect way I can. Over under for Arizona's weeks at #1 with the over under at 1.5

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Obviously losing Trey Burke was extremely painful and the true FR taking his spot still needs time to get better (he'll likely be a lot better come March). We've battled injuries all year so far but we're getting healthy. We're roughly the 5th youngest team in the country (as we were last year) and we play like it at times (as we did last year at this time).

We've struggled away from AA (lost @ ISU, lost @ Duke, lost on a neutral court) and have played better at home. If we played @ Zona I'd give us no chance. Playing at Chrysler, however, I think we have a decent shot.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oh it'll be good. Zona got played tight by UNLV so I am cautiously happy about #1

7. jello1717

Wow. What a great game (and it's only December)!

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

So upset I couldn't actually watch it :( had to watch via the Gamecast in my phone. Was at my brothers graduation dinner and I looked like a psycho path cheering everytime we drew closer. Robinson TORE US UP in the first half. But Brandon Ashley did work and we needed that. Basketball is a lot of fun when good teams play each other. Now we get to play Southern next week... Woo. Good game man.

9. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

MSU travels to Austin and picks up a good OOC win in a game I thought was a prime opportunity for a weak effort. With injuries and playing so close to Christmas I wasn't sure who was going to show up. Luckily, Payne came with a monster game. 33 points, 10/13 FG, 11/12 FT

upload_2013-12-22_11-4-25.png

10. jello1717

WHAT

THE

FUCK?!?!?

I'm watching Oregon in the Alamo Bowl and they just scored so I glanced at the ESPN ticker and saw that there's an NBA team called the Pelicans.

Seriously?!?

The fucking PELICANS?????

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah. It was the New Orleans Hornets but they switched to the Pelicans. I like it.

12. jello1717

How long have they been the Pelicans?

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Just happened this year. And the Charlotte Bobcats are taking the Hornets mascot now next season.

14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Game on kiddos

image.jpg image.jpg

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

#3 Wisco goes down after leading late in the game at IU. Then IU fans un-explicitly rush the court?!?! smh..... Play like you've been there before, perhaps last year?! Nothing worse than a fan base who doesn't recognize the situation of the game before rushing the floor.

Glad I can say the Izone would NEVER rush the court at home, ever. I don't care if we beat the fuggin Miami Heat.

16. jello1717

HUGE win for Michigan today as they won @ Wisconsin for the first time ever against Bo Ryan (11 games). We really, really needed this win as we have a BRUTAL schedule coming up as we face Wisconsin twice, MSU twice, Iowa twice, @ Ohio and @ Indiana.

17. jello1717

Another HUGE win for Big Blue. This is the 1st time since 1963 that we've even played 3 top 10 teams in a row and we won all three of them! 2 of those were on the road against #3 and #5 making it the 1st time in school history that we've won 2 road games against top 5 opponents. Our only loss in the last 10 games was against #1 Arizona and we should've won that one but choked away our lead at the end.

This W puts us in 1st place (for now) but we've still got a brutal schedule upcoming.

GO BLUE!!!

1662329_606116046104169_1171279268_n.jpg

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Besides be a terribly officiated game, especially the 2nd half, I guess gloating beat a team by a hair that's missing their top two players is awesome. scUM is a young, arrogant team that is only winning games on the 3 ball. Championship teams do more than one thing well.

Bravo. Even though claim you graduated from MSU #confused

19. jello1717

[​IMG]

Michigan completes the sweep over the Spartans with a huge 2nd half performance today!

For the past few weeks teams have been putting their small PG on Nik Stauskas and completely taking him out of his game since he's used to just dribbling right by the bigger defenders. Today he finally figured out that he can just shoot over the top of the small PGs and scored a ton of points.

Surprisingly enough, this gives Michigan 6 wins in their last 8 games against Sparty.

[​IMG]

20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

:meh:

Vegas favors MSU to win BBT and has MSU 2x better odds to win it all #littlesister

21. jello1717

HUGE win for my Spartans in the B1G tourney championship game (and before that by dismantling the Badgers)!! It sucks ass it had to be over my Wolverines, but both of my teams get a B1G trophy this year which is cool as hell!

No one in the country outside of Louisville and maybe Florida are playing as well as my Spartans right now so look out NCAA!

Given the nature of the tourney it's unlikely that either team will win it all, but they have about as good of a chance as just about anyone else (especially MSU). Hopefully Keith and Adreian can at least make a final 4 to keep Izzo's streak alive. It'd be beyond awesome if the bracket were such that they could BOTH make a final 4 (although Michigan's lack of D will make that difficult).

22. dakota7

UofCWildcat Great game tonight. Zona couldn't stop Frank. That was the difference. Zona has a nice team, I really only saw the Pac 12 championship before the tournament.

23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm depressed but that game was amazing. I'll talk more after I sleep this off.

24. dakota7

I hear ya. Not the kind of game any team should lose. What did you think of that replay at the end? Really close. ....

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Honest opinion, too close to call but I do think 12 hit it (thus why the ball changes directions in the air without Hollis-Jefferson touching it). I'm more upset about the bs charge but we got a few foul calls early so I guess it's karma that way.