College Football GAMEDAY! Week 7

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by cyhiphopp, Aug 27, 2015.

1. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good morning and welcome to Columbus, Ohio! I'm Reece Davis and welcome to College Football Gameday on ESPN!
    With me as always are Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso. We also have a few special guests for today's TOP 5 matchup between Big Ten foes Notre Dame and THE Ohio State University.

[​IMG]

Well prognosticators from around the country have been talking about this game for weeks. Now it's almost time for kickoff. The consensus number one overall Ohio State Buckeys have lived up to their preseason hype taking out every opponent they've faced in convincing fashion. Urban Meyer has his team running on jet fuel right now. They've blown past every opponent they've faced. This week is their toughest matchup yet, by far.
    Notre Dame has taken a different route to their current #5 ranking. They started the season just outside the top ten at #11. They've played a strong slate of opponents already including rivalry games with Michigan State and at Michigan, a top 15 matchups with UCLA and @ Wisconsin, and also a tough matchup with Penn State.

Everyone knows the playmakers from Ohio State. Cardale Jones is continuing his masterful work from last years National Championship win, Ezekiel Elliot is putting together a strong Heisman campaign and is the best running back in the country, and Braxton Miller has fully embraced his move from QB to the flex position. Not to mention there are half a dozen other play makers who could take it to the house on any play. The Buckeyes are loaded for bear this season.

Notre Dame's players aren't nearly as high profile. Malik Zaire has been successful taking over the departed Everett Golson, but still has work to do with his decision making. Turnovers have been a problem early in the season, but recently he has made improvements as he has picked up more of coach HipHopp's system. Tarean Folston has lead a strong running back group with support from true Freshman speedster Dexter Williams. The Irish offense is predicated on spreading out their opponent and trying to take advantage of mismatches both inside and outside. The defense will have their hands full with the most talented offense in the country, but Linebacker Jaylon Smith has been a force all season and is pumped for his chance to shine on the biggest stage.

Now it's time for our first special guest of the morning. NBA Superstar Lebron James! What are your thoughts on the game Lebron?

[​IMG]
    Lebron: I'm all over this game guys! I'm really proud of the work the Buckeyes have done the past few years. Last years Championship was fantastic. This year I can definitely see the Championship coming back to Columbus AND a Championship coming to Cleveland!

Rece: Thanks Lebron. Hope you enjoy the sights and sounds of big time college football tonight!

Ok, time for our predictions. Herbstreit, you're up first:

[​IMG]
    Kirk: Well, I might be a bit biased...
    Corso: No Shit!
    Kirk: But it's not hard to see the talent on the field for Ohio State. Urban Meyer is reaping the rewards of his fantastic recruiting and has handled his QB "controversy" as well as humanly possible. Of course it's a lot easier to look good at QB if you have guys like Zeke Elliot and company toting the rock for you. We haven't even covered the immense talent of the Silver Bullets back there on defense. No team has come close to beating these guys this year. I'm picking THE Ohio State University for a big win tonight.

[​IMG]
    Corso: NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! Ohio State is good. DAMN good! But they haven't faced anyone, outside of Wisconsin and maybe Arizona State, that belongs in the top 25. Coach HipHopps Fighting Irish are battle tested. This is only the beginning of his reign in South Bend. We've seen Urban Meyer and Cy HipHopp face off in the past and it has almost ALWAYS been a real ball game. Some have gone down to the last play.
    Don't get me wrong, The Irish have their work cut out for them, but this ain't your daddy's Irish squad. The Buckeyes will have it coming to them from all angles tonight! I'm picking the upset, and our other special guest is on board with me!

[​IMG]
    Lou: Guysth! I like the Irissssh!

[​IMG]

Herbstreit: Well guys, it's hard to argue with that! Let's send it to the field for kickoff!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

very well done!

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thanks buddy. Good luck tonight.