College Football Live Presents Fact or Fiction (Y1 Midseason edish)

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Jul 23, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

Hello this is ESPN's Reece Davis here joined by Mark May and "The Coach" Lou Holtz. We are pleased to bring you the midseason edition of College Football Live's Fact or Fiction. So let's get started gentlemen:

At 3-3, Alabama's era of dominance is over

[​IMG]

Coach: "Fact. While there's no question it's been a disappointing season in Tuscalooosa, I'm really concerned about their QB play, both presently and moving forward. Saban got away with stellar defense and mediocre quarterback play, and I just can't see that continue. McCaaron isn't the answer, nor is sophomore Phillip Ely. The loss of Phillip Sims truly hurt Alabama moving forward, as did their inability to land Jeremy Heinz, the prized in-state QB recruit who decided to follow Coach Bulldog to USC."

Mark: "Fiction. Once again, this senile old man is as wrong as my tie selection. Defense has always won championships, so all the emphasis on QB play seems misguided. The fact is they've won with average quarterbacks, and in the process leaned on an excellent running game and defense. They lose only 9 starters this year, and will return some huge pieces on their offensive line and defense. They signed MLB Jonas Burton out of Texas, who looks a complete stud that can continue Bama's run of outstanding LB play. The defense will be fantastic next year, and Eddie Lacy will carry this team to an SEC championship"

Utah will win the Pac 12

[​IMG]

Coach: "Fact. Coach Baron has his boys playing excellent football right now. Jon Hays has been taking care of the football and managing the offense effectively, while the defense has been stellar. Though their schedule moving forward has a few tough games they could lose, namely Washington, they still beat UCLA and USC in the South and will qualify for the championship, where I see them limiting turnovers and beating the Ducks of Oregon."

Mark: "Fiction. I believe the Pac12 got burned by sleeping on a Utah team absolutely loaded with talent. Now the book is out on these guys, and I just can't see them beating Oregon or Washington in a Pac12 championship game. If there is a year for the Utes to do it, this is it."

Matt Barkley has lived up to the hype

[​IMG]

Coach: "Fiction. Coach Bulldog and the Trojans expected the world out of Mr. Barkley, and there was really no way he could live up to the hype. He's completed 66& of his passes for 1900 yards and 20 touchdowns, but has thrown 8 interceptions as well. To give a bit of a frame of reference, Andrew Luck went 38/10 in his senior season, so Barkley has underperformed considerably if you compare the two."

Mark: "Fact. How in the world do we go ahead and compare Barkley to Luck? Two different systems, two different players, and most importantly, two different cities. The LA spotlight has just attributed to the insane amount of hype and expectations surrounded Barkley, who, despite naysayers, is my front runner for the Heisman and a lock as the #1 overall pick. Barkley is completing an impressive 66% of his throws, and averaging over 313 yards per game."

Florida State will finish the season as the most dominant program in the Sunshine State

[​IMG]

Coach: "Fact. Mike E has this team firing on all cylinders. They are running the ball extremely well, and playing good defense. Their pressure on opposing quarterbacks is daunting, and I'd say this gives them an advantage over every team they play. I'm taking FSU to take out Miami this week, and further solidify my claim."

Mark: "It's nice to see we disagree on everything-Fiction here. Though the Gators are nothing to sneeze at, I do believe they need a few years to develop some pieces offensively. Right now, there's a Hurricane about to roll through all of Florida, as Coach Bucs and his Canes are ready to blow through Gainesville and Tallahassee. Miami has excellent balance on offense, more so than any other team in the country. On top of that, their defensive line play has been outstanding of late. If not for a fluke play against UNC, they will still be undefeated."

Well this will do it here for Lou Holtz, Mark May, and Reece Davis. We'll see you next time on College Football Live's Fact or Fiction.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Good, I hate Mark May and all he stands for. Glad he doesnt believe in me!

Great job on this, Steve

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Awesome I Peench absolutely love this (y)

4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Utah's PAC-12 hopes took a big hit as they lost to Oregon State, 24-21.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Washington beat USC, so you're still in the driver's seat

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Huzzah!

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Good stuff mayne!