College Football Pick'Em?

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by TheCrumbIsHere, Aug 2, 2010.

1. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

College Football Pick'Em?

For the past several years, I've hosted a College Football Pick'Em pool that I've run primarily with family, friends and a few other sports fans I've met throughout my online gaming career. I'm in the process of getting ready to get this year's set up and was just curious if any of our dynasty members would be interested in taking part.

How does it work?
    It's a pretty simple set up. Each week, I select 15 games from the college football schedule and you need to pick the winner of each game, in addition to putting a confidence value of 1-15 on each game. The idea of the confidence values is that you score the number of points based on the confidence value. Lastly, you can only use each value from 1 to 15 once. Then I'll usually throw in some bonus games, some bonus selections, etc.. The cool thing is that you just fill it out on the form that I generate and I get the selections. You'd only have to post your bonuses.
    http://www.swoopzone.net/cfball2008/finalentry.html (is a sample of one from a couple years back)

The pick'em goes up all the way through the Bowls(and the Bowl Sheet is the hardest one to do).

I was thinking that this would be an interesting foil with this league. Traditionally, I pick games that span across the entire country, any of the big matchups of the weeks, a local game or two(quite commonly EMU and Michigan since I was from Ann Arbor) and then once it gets going, I usually put on one Ivy League game each week(primarily because they were on TV on Versus). I also keep in mind games that are likely to be on television as well when I throw it in.

My grandfather, uncle and I started this years back and we all agreed that this really added to the fun on Saturday's. You'd root for teams that you never would care about prior and it was just lots of fun.

Let me know if you'd be interested. I've always had a ton of fun hosting this and I wouldn't mind throwing in a few more people into it.

2. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

I love this fantasy football game on ESPN

3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

4. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

The biggest difference between mine and that one is the selection of the games. The ESPN one just simply takes all of the top 25 games of a week which will produce some pointless selections. Mine is going to be much harder.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Sounds fun

6. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Awesome, I'll let everyone know when I have it completely set up.

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Is it too late to join this?

8. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

No, I'll have the full information about how this will work up this week.