College Game Day Season 2 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by alemic, Nov 13, 2010.

1. alemic

alemic Walk On

#23 Indiana @ #14 Missouri
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    College Game Day Week 6​
    For the first time in the short Shame to Fame dynasty, one of the spotlight coaches has managed to find themselves ranked in the top 25 and who else but the Indiana Hoosiers who upset #2 Ohio State on the road in week 1.​
    Week 5​
    [​IMG]
    Beat FIU 17-11​
    [​IMG]
    Lost against Kent State 35-21​
    [​IMG]
    Beat Hawaii 52-34​
    [​IMG]
    Beat Iowa State 27-17​
    [​IMG]
    Beat UAB 45-28​
    [​IMG]
    Beat MTSU 31-24​
    [​IMG]
    Beat BYU 41-38​
    [​IMG]
    Lost against North Texas 31-24​
    [​IMG]
    Beat San Jose State 32-28​
    [​IMG]
    Lost against Memphis 21-20​
    [​IMG]
    Lost against TCU 58-0​
    Week 5 game of the week had to be the Middle Tennessee State against North Texas spot light coaches showdown. It ended up coming down to the final seconds as North Texas took the lead with under 1 minute left to play. MTSU would attempt a final hail mary but fall short losing 31-24.​
    Week 6​
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    Arkansas State looks to keep on winning against UL Monroe. This one looks like it should be an easy victory for the Red Wolves.​
    Arkansas State 28 UL Monroe 14​
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    Eastern Michigan is still looking for their first win on the year and honestly I find it hard to believe they wont get it here.​
    Eastern Michigan 14 Toledo 7​
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    Utah State hosts Nevada in a WAC match up. Nevada has been a tricky team at times this season, and this one should be a good one.​
    Utah State 42 Nevada 35​
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    Tulane will play host to the undefeated Houston Cougars. Houston will be throwing early and often proving to much for Tulane to handle.​
    Houston 35 Tulane 21​
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    North Texas is coming off a huge 31-24 win against SMU and finds a way to keep on rolling in Alabama against the Troy Trojans.​
    North Texas 31 Troy 17​
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    The only game this week matching up two of the spot light coaches. San Diego State looks to dominate a struggling Idaho squad.​
    San Diego State 28 Idaho 17​
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    SMU has yet to be able to find themselves with a win this season. This team is deadly, and makes a huge second half of the season rally starting here.​
    SMU 56 Southern Miss 14​
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    New Mexico also looks to find their first win of the year, but you wont be able to convince me that they will find it here.​
    BYU 28 New Mexico 14​
    Week 6 Game of the Week Keys to the Game​
    [​IMG]
    On offense Indiana is still a one denominational team that looks like it might be that way all year. They will look to run the ball the entire game no matter what yardage is needed for the first. Willis has been oustanding all year but at some point the passing game is going to have to step up.​
    On defense they have been playing a lot of man and it has been working suprisingly well. The defensive line has been able to keep solid pressure on the QB and against a pass heavy Missouri team this is going to be a must.​
    [​IMG]
    Just like the traditional Missouri team, this year they are going to air it out against their opponents. Their running game usually comes in the form of a short pass, or plays out of the shotgun. For Missouri to win this game the WR's are going to have to step up big.​
    On defense they will look to blitz a lot and keep the box loaded on every down. They are hoping to make Indiana beat them through the air something they have plenty of practice against Monday-Friday.​
    Prediction​
    Missouri 35 Indiana 21​

2. alemic

alemic Walk On

this could very well be the last college gameday unless i see more activity on the forums. no point in making it if nobody reads it

3. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Don't do it! I love these things!

4. titangator

titangator Walk On

Yea i lvoe these things as well... however we definitely need more activity on the forum.

5. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

I always read them. Keep it up!

6. C_Breezy803

C_Breezy803 Walk On

I love reading them too. I'll be more active! Getting pissed that I can't get an effing win.