College Game Day Week 1, Season 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Sep 25, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

College Game Day Week 1, Season 2011

[​IMG]
    Week 1

YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE AT BYRD STADIUM the home of the Maryland Terrapins. Where today there Terrapins host the Kentucky Wildcats in what looks to be a very good game. In last year’s game Maryland pulled out a close victory over the Wildcats. The Wildcats are led by the all word athlete Randall Cobb who last year played wide receiver, but this year he will be playing running back. On defense Kentucky Wildcats are led by Danny Trevathan who will need to make the big plays on defense for the Wildcats.

Maryland appears to have the advantage because of their numerous skill players like RB Davin Megget and WR Torrey Smith. The question with the Terrapins is QB Jamarr Robinson who is only rated as an 80. The Terrapins definitely have an advantage in the kicking game with Nick Ferrara. A rival ACC coach's pre season comments about Nick Ferrara, I wish I had a kicker like Ferrara because I know if the game was on the line, I know he will make the kick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maryland Terrapins Key Players:
    WR-Torrey Smith (93), K-Nick Ferrara(91), RB-Davin Megget (87), DT-AJ Francis (85)

2011 Record- 0-0 (0-0 in ACC)
    2011 Preaseason Ranking- #33

[​IMG]

Kentucky Key Players: QB Morgan Netwon(88), RB-Randall Cobb(87), OLB-Danny Trevathan(90)

2011 Record- 0-0 (0-0 in SEC)
    2011 Preseason Ranking- 31

Analysis of Other Games

Wake Forest Demon Deacons opens the season with a tough opening game against the University of Washington. Coach Worgum must have been crazy demanding this match up with the #3 team in the country. It could be a long day for the Deacons.

Duke and South Carolina face off with each other in rematch of last year’s Orange Bowl. USC running back Lattimore is a person to watch, and the question around the dynasty, can he win the Heisman. Only time will tell if he can build on his impressive freshman campaign.

NC State takes on UCLA. NC State hopes to build on an impressive 2010 season. Remember the Wolfpack came up just short of beating Duke in a thrilling ACC Championship game.

Mississippi State opens up with Memphis. After a disastrous 2010 season the Bulldog faithful hopefully will see improvement, and the improvement needs to start today with a victory over the Tigers.

Finally, Boston College opens the season hosting Northwestern. I personally expect great things from the Eagles this year, and a big whopping of the Wildcats will make my beliefs stronger.

HEAD GEAR

[[​IMG]

Good luck to everyone this season, sorry for the delay my wife had me doing things this morning. And remember always be a good sport, and be a good sport always.

2. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

Sweet job! Post a poll if you want

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well done wazzu! Great first "episode?" !

4. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

Hopefully lattimore doesn't run for like 300 on me again

5. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Late arriving crowd at Byrd Stadium.

7. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Wow no love for the Tigers, I guess a first year coach has to earn the respect of College Gameday in Glory Days.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

i am sorry I left out some games, i was hurried. Next time everyone's games will be mentioned

9. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

We figured ESPN would spend all day blowing the SEC, so there's no reason to put out more press in this thread.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

UK/Maryland game should be kicking off in about 2 hours. Should be a good game again. I might post updates on here if I remember to.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'd pitch in too to make a 2-sided running blog Goose

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

About to start here in a couple of minutes

13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

7-3 at the end of the first. Kentucky's offense has looked pretty good so far

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

21-20 Kentucky at half.

15. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

SEC! SEC! SEC!

show the ACC who's boss!

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

27-21 Maryland at the end of 3

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

30-28 Maryland Final. Hell of a game TK.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Still feel sick. haha