College Game Day Week 2, Season 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Sep 27, 2010.

?

Who will win this week's featured matchup

1. Wake Forest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ole Miss

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

College Game Day Week 2, Season 2011

[​IMG]

Week 2
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE AT Vaught-Hemingway Stadium the home of the Ole Miss Rebels. Where today the #6 Rebels will host the Wake Forest Demon Deacons as part of the ACC v. SEC Challenge. Last week Rebels dismantled Arkansas State. The Deacons are coming off a heartbreaking loss to the #3 University of Washington Huskies. The Ole Miss offense looks to continue their offensive prowess, but may face a wall with a tenacious defense. The Deacons sacked UW quarterback Keith Price 8 times last week, with three of the sacks coming from DE Tristan Dorty.

While on the other side of the ball Wake Forest looks to improve on their dismal offensive effort against the Huskies. It is unclear how good the Rebels defensive is, it has several All American candidates, but everyone can look like an All American against an inferior opponent like Arkansas State.

[​IMG]

Wake Forest Demon Deacons QB Skylar Jones(79), RB Brandon Pendergrass(85), DE Tristan Dorty(88), CB Kenny Okoro (85)

2011 Record- 0-1 (0-0 in ACC)
    Coaches/Media Ranking- UNR
    Passing Leader Skylar Jones: 8-31-96 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int
    Rushing Leader: Brandon Pendergrass: 22 -66 yards, 1 TD
    Receiving Leader: Cameron Ford: 4 recs, 44 yards
    Defensive Leader: Tristan Dorty, 3 sacks, 9 tackles

[​IMG]
    Ole Miss Rebels key p layers: HB Enrique Davis (93), QB Nathan Stanley (88), LE Wayne Dorsey Jr., FS Griffin Littlefield
    2011 Record- 1-0(0-0 in SEC)
    2011 Media/Coaches Ranking- #6
    Passing Leader: Nathan Stanley 9-13-146 yards, 2 TDs, 0 Ints
    Rushing Leader: Enrique Davis 26-121 yards, 1 TDs
    Receiving Yards: Pat Patterson 4 recs. 60 yards
    Defensive: Frank Crawford, 6 Tackles, 2 Sacks

Analysis of Other Games​

Virginia travels to Tallahassee to take on FSU. Virginia coming off a tough loss to the Auburn Tigers hope to rebound. However, Virginia may be in way over the heads because of the lack of talent. May be one day down the line Virginia can take down the Seminoles, I just don’t think it will be today.

Duke may not be able to beat USC, but can it continue its winning ways against the ACC. We will find out as they take on annual ACC contender Virginia Tech. We will see Cinderella continue its winning ways, or will the team fall back to earth?

The NC State Wolfpack are facing UCLA this week. The Wolfpack’s offense is action pack, but will the defense stop the physical running game of the Bruins?

South Carolina will host the Indiana Hoosiers, and this game may not be pretty for the Hoosiers. RB Lattimore ran for 165 yards against the Blue Devils, can we see 200 yards against the Hoosiers?

Kentucky Wildcats are looking to rebound after the devastating loss to the Maryland Terrapins. The Wildcats should be rebound this week with at least 3 touchdown victory against the Tigers.

Boston College looks to continue their winning ways against the Mississippi State Bulldogs. This is one of the many ACC v. SEC matchups this year. Boston College is just too talented and should win this game easily.

Vanderbilt beat Army last week, can they beat UConn, I say “Yes they can!”

HEAD GEAR
    [​IMG]

Always be a good sport, be a good sport all ways.

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm gonna go with Ole Miss 21-17. I think in the end the Rebel running game will control the ball enough for them to win.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thats a good call Goose, I think Ole Miss will win but closer then the experts think.

/end Corso voice.

4. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

I played UCLA this week. Had a bye the first week. I picked Ole Miss with all that talent they better win.

5. gowazzucougs

sorry about the schedule screw up with N.C. State, T, I just looked at your second opponent, and not what week it was. I also think the game is being played at BB&T Field in Winstom Salem, but the Dynasty Wire showed Ole Miss as the home team. Damn Dynasty Wire.

6. gowazzucougs

Someone other than me, thinks the Deacons can win, yippie.

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Great work wazzu.