College Game Day-Who is your team playing

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Aug 30, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

The college football season kicks off for real this week...so tell us about how your team is going to do...this is ongoing discussion..

[​IMG]

2. calirage

calirage Walk On

Trojans may surprise some people, if Matt Barkley can make that next step and become a elite college QB. I'm not sold on our defense, though we do have a bunch of athletes (which is normal for USC) but last year we looked lost much of the time. Not sure if it was running a new system under Monte Kiffin, or just that we don't have the same caliber of football players that we once did. Our recruiting has been great by most accounts, so this year should be a real test of what Lane Kiffin brings as a head football coach.

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

UW plays the FCS champion, Eastern Washington.....the Dawgs should win...although its Nick Price, not Jake Locker now...so the spotlight will be on him to perform, hoping the coaches instead put the spotlight on Chris Polk, Sr. running back...to carry the load...Dawgs have 16 starters back so that is the best since Coach S took over.....

In this one the Dawgs can only beat themselves.......a Dawg win, but maybe a little tougher than you would think...instate game so like WSU the men from Eastern Washington will come to play.

4. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Eastern Washington will be a tough game. I'd still pick Washington since they've been improving pretty much ever year under Sarkisian but Bo Levi Mitchell returns for EWU so it is an FCS team you don't want to overlook. UCF is playing Charleston Southern but CSU was 3-8 last year in FCS so this one needs to be a blowout.

Watching the UNLV @ Wisconsin game right now and Abbrederis is a much better player in real life. I haven't liked him in NCAA at all.

5. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Short notice, but who does everyone like in the TCU vs Baylor game tonight? TCU is ranked but I think I might take Baylor in this game.

6. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

Bama looking good so far in their opener, granted it's just Kent St. Next week is at Penn State, though, so I suppose that is when they will show what sort of team they truly have this year.

7. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

tyler bray and receivers looked great. after 2 passes Bray was 2-2 128 yards and 2 td's. those are ncaa numbers. the good news about those two td's, one was an 82 yard strike to justin hunter and the other a long throw to da'rick rogers. looks like both are sophomore phenom receivers havent gotten any worse. the offensive line though, couldnt have looked worse. we didnt get any penetration and missed 2 short 4th downs and a few 3d downs. we got no push whatsoever. im just super happy its win one of probably about 8 or 9...most likely 8-4 this season, at least thats how i feel right now. also, any weekend georgia loses is a great one for me!!!!!

8. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Post game...only got to see the second half....but the Dwags were lucky...poor pass defense, no pass offense....EWU really deserved the win...final pass was forced, good play by DB.....

Oregon/LSU......dominant game by the Tigers...you can make all the excuses you want, both teams missing players...etc...but its all about team/depth......still Oregon will be a factor nationally, PAC 12...they will be back...

9. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I suppose 62-0 is acceptable.

Georgia is vastly overrated this year. I wasn't impressed at all when UCF played them in the Liberty Bowl last year. Then they were 6-7 last year and lost one of the best players in the country. How does that equal preseason top 25? And after interacting with their fan base last year, I was also very happy to see them lose.

10. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Best game I saw over the weekend.....

11. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Down on the Plains of Auburn we looked sad our 1st Game our D gave up 4 drives of 14+ plays....young team and we showed it. Won by a mirical

12. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Felt so bad for Utah State in that game. I nearly changed the channel before Auburn's comeback but I'd be really concerned if I was an Auburn fan.

UCF hosts Boston College this week and are 6.5 point favorites. I think UCF will win by more though since news just came out that BC's best WR(who had a big game in the loss to Northwestern) is out for the year. BC had already lost their stud RB for the first few games of the season so the stars are aligning for UCF on this one.

13. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Funny play from UCF's game against CSU. Our backup FR(RS) QB Blake Bortles was getting his first collegiate playing time and pulled off this gem:

14. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

michigan or notre dame? auburn or miss st? bama or psu? who does everyone like this weekend?

bonus....who ya got for tonigh'ts nfl game?

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

LOL!...probably won' have completed the pass, without the bobble!

16. calirage

calirage Walk On

Im taking Green Bay, for only one reason. I don't have a ton of faith in the Saints defense. I see it being a high scoring game, 38-31 Pack.

17. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Michigan over ND.....the Irish have QB problems
    Auburn over Miss St...close game..
    Bama over PSU.....love PSU...but the Tide is tough

My Huskies are playing Hawaii....after last weeks game againist EWU and such a poor pass def., and the Rainbows run the pistol.....I can see the Dawgs getting beat...defense has to play better, UW needs a passing game and Polk needs a big game...well he need a big game every week...

18. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

IM GOING MICHIGAN, BULLDOGS, BAMA AND PACK......I PREDICT THE GEORGIA BULLDOGS WILL LOSE.

19. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

sorry for yelling

20. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    At least not that one anyway, lol. Looks like he was about to toss it short to the TE but the bobble drew everyone up leaving the WR wide open. Got to like the composure though. Didn't get rattled from the mistake and made a play.

- Michigan vs Notre Dame is a tough one. ND played well enough to beat USF but had too many turnovers. I'll go with Michigan though because they at least looked good in a shortened game against a weak opponent.

- Mississippi State. Auburn is playing a lot of young guys and got lucky last week. I don't think it'll be too close either.

- Alabama. Penn State is always tough at home and neither team has a entrenched starting QB but Bama will just be too physical for Penn State.

- Saints. Packers got on a role at the end of the season but weren't that great for most of the year. I don't think they'll start off as hot as they finished.

21. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

I'll take Michigan, but I have no real reason for that. Neither team showed their hand too much with Michigan playing a shortened game against a MAC team and Notre Dame naming a new starter at quarterback. I'll just take Michigan on a hunch.

Got to go Miss St. Mullen has worked wonders and I imagine this may be his last year at Miss St. if all goes well. And I all those starters Auburn lost will still hurt them for a couple more weeks. I think the Utah St. game was a fluke, but I still think Auburn is finishing fifth in the SEC West this year.

I will take Bama, obviously, but I hate to do it. I usually bet against my team in big games such as this just so that I can either be right or be happy. It worries me that people are just penciling Bama in as double digit favorites, because I think it may be closer than that. Both teams have inexperienced QB issues, and at Penn St. is as hostile an environment as there is. But both offenses being roughly equal, Bama has the better defense, so I give them the edge.

22. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Post game.....Huskies win 40-32....Hawaii has 2 blocked pats...one goes back for 2 pts....if you want to see some good passing watch Eastern Washington or Hawaii....Qbs are good...fun to watch...next week the Huskies play Neb'...who they beat in a bowl game last season....will be a tough game and a test

23. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Looking like a good year for UCF. Beat Boston College 30-3 last Saturday. This week we travel and play at FIU. FIU pulled out a squeaker at Louisville last week, but imo, Louisville will be one of the worst AQ schools by the end of the season.

Who does everyone like in the Oklahoma @ Florida State game? I think I'll go with Oklahoma.

24. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

Just North Texas up for Bama. Should be no problem.

25. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Big day for the Huskies....Neb'....after beating them last season in a bowl game, Husker's will want to prove its not a fluke....Price is doing far better than expected this early...still its on the road.....nod to the Huskers...but Huskies will do better than expected....Neb allowed a lot of yards to Fresno St. last wk...will it have a lingering effect?