College Gameday Final Week 3 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Kasper

Kasper Mr. Embolo

Apr 12, 2010

Quick Hits

South Carolina couldn’t quite top conference foe Georgia, losing 35-30

Auburn blew by Mississippi State 41-27

Kentucky won a brawl with rival Louisville 20-13

Vanderbilt lit up Arkansas, winning 42-25

Boston College slipped by Florida State 28-21

Maryland found a way past Miami 38-28

NC State eeked out a win against Cincinnati 37-34

Indiana brought the O against Virginia, with a 59-42 final

Duke continues to slide- getting spanked by Stanford 55-17

Kentucky and Louisville went to war Saturday, with UK winning 20-13.

Kenny Okoro and the Wake defense came to play Saturday.

AJ Green and the Bulldogs were able to slip by conference heavyweight South Carolina

What We Learned

#1. Don’t sleep on NC State.

The Wolfpack have a perfect record so far this year, but all you hear about are Boston College and Maryland—even Wake Forest is gaining more hype than the Pack. It is surprising because if you look at the two main weapons for the high scoring Wolfpack neither are doing particularly exceptional thus far: QB Russell Wilson has thrown 6 TD’s but also 4 picks. RB Brandon Barnes has had a solid start- putting up 315 yards but only 2 TD’s. Look for these two talents to find their groove as the season progresses.

#2. Virginia needs a running game.

The Cavalier QB is leading the ACC in passing yards with 1265, but the leading rusher for Virginia only has 52 yards on the year. Teams have been locking in on the UV passing game, and with the slow start for the team, they could really use a back that can find them some yards to keep the defenses honest.

#3. South Carolina isn’t bullet proof

Are the Gamecocks out of the national title picture? More than likely. Are they out of the SEC picture? Absolutely not. While they weren’t quite able to top a determined Georgia squad, look for them to bounce back big next week when SEC surprise Auburn comes to town.

Helmet Stickers

Rece Davis
    “No stickers this week, I can’t see stats through my Xbox like I usually do”

Lou Holtz

Mark May

One Bold Prediction
    Maryland will win @ Wake by 14+

That wraps up this weeks edition of College Football Final, thanks for checking us out and see you next week after the final whistle blows!
  2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Jul 17, 2010
    Rece Davis can't see his stats huh? That's unfortunate lol. Nice writeup though! I agree with not sleeping on NC State. They are the defending division champs after all.
  3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Mar 27, 2010
    Agreed, TLaw is probably the best on the sticks in the Atlantic side of the ACC, and has some weapons returning.
  4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs My sole purpose here is to beat recchem2000

Jul 18, 2010
    I like the the Things We Learned Feature, when I prepared the Gameday feature I thought I saw that QB Michael Strauss leads the country in passing yards, not just the ACC. As for your bold prediction, you have never played a game at "BB&T Field" (the name is quite scary isn't)
  5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Mar 27, 2010
    Mark May giving man love to the Terps. That's like a kiss of death.