College Gameday Game of the Week (Week 2) UTEP @ Houston

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

College Gameday Game of the Week (Week 2) UTEP @ Houston

Looks like UTEP vs. Houston.

2. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I thought it was really cool to have one major game.. We should try to keep that up and get at least one game per user team to be the main game for the week this season..

That came out all jumbled.

What I'm trying to say is each user should get at least one game per season to have a majorly discussed and detailed pre-game discussion.

3. dubb40

dubb40 Sideline Football, We Rock!

Agreed

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Sounds good to me, looks like UTEP vs. Houston will get the honors, or if you other coaches have already prepared we can go to a 1 team format next week. Its up to yall

5. dubb40

dubb40 Sideline Football, We Rock!

Mines is on the EA site.

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

K, i guess UTEP vs. Houston can use this thread.

7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

UTEP Miners(1-0) @ #23 Houston Cougars (1-0)

The University of Texas, El Paso will travel to Robertson Stadium this week to take on Conference USA rival, Houston, in what is sure to be a great game. With conference positioning on the line early in the season both teams will be looking to make a statement. If UTEP has any chance at downing the C-USA powerhouse, they must stop All-American QB Case Keenum and a high power passing attack that led FBS teams in Passing yards and Scoring last season. Playing the best game of his young career last week, UTEP will bank on sophomore DB Drew Thomas to help stint Keenum and the Cougars from running wild on offense. The Miners defense was suspect in their first game against a very weak FCS school last week and hope to prove that they can step up for a big game. The Miners will try and slow the aggressive Houston offensive attack with a little ball control of their own on offense. After coming off an impressive 203 yards and 3tds on the ground, D. Buckram and the Miner offense hope to hold the ball and run the clock all game.

Key Match-up: Case Keenum vs. UTEP defense

-Heisman-hopeful Case Keenum will look to pick apart a UTEP defense that ranked 104th in FBS last year in points allowed, at an outrageous 33.5 points a game. The Cougar's will go to the air early and often and the Miners must be on point defensively.

What to watch for: UTEP QB Vittatoe
    -In week one Vittatoe threw two interceptions at key points in the game. If the Miners have any chance of knocking off Houston, Vittatoe better be able to control the pace of the game and limit the turnovers.

Quote of the Week: UTEP Head Coach

-"We don't need Vittatoe to win the game, we need him not to lose it."​

8. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Excellent write up, great reporting and you did a good job researching...

I'm hopeful for you, but I honestly think you've got it way harder in Houston than I had with Texas Tech.. Good luck!!!

9. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

This is sure to be a shoot out. UTEP has a chance to make waves in the national spotlight vs ga heisman candidate. Best of luck to you and the Miners on a difficult task.

Great write up as well