College Gameday Game of the Week (Week 3) Ohio @ Ohio State

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

College Gameday Game of the Week (Week 3) Ohio @ Ohio State

[​IMG]

2. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

College Gameday Game of the Week: Ohio Univ. Bobcats at #2 Ohio State University

[​IMG]

Ohio University Bobcats (2-0) at #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0)​

The Ohio Bobcats will travel 2 hours north on Highway 33 to face the in-state powerhouse #2 Ohio State Buckeyes this Saturday in what looks to be an early season test for the Bobcat football team. This will be the first game with a Top 25 ranked team for 1st season Head Coach Robbie Garrison and the first meeting with Coach Tressel since he was let go as QB's coach with the Buckeyes. The Bobcats come off a big win last week at home against the University of Toledo Rockets, the Bobcats racked up 41 points and had an offensive explosion early and often. The Buckeyes are coming off a scare last week in which they faced #18 Miami Hurricanes, winning 38-19. The match-up is being billed as a David vs. Goliath with the battle for Ohio bragging rights at stake.

Offensive Players to Watch:

Ohio State Buckeyes:

QB Terrelle Pryor
    Season: 35/42 467yds 4TD 4INT; 27 carries 120yds 2TD
    Last Week (W #18 Miami): 15/25 210yds 3TD 4INT; 15 carries 69yds

HB Brandon Saine
    Season: 46 carries 139yds 3TD; 3rec 21yds
    Last Week(W #18 Miami):18 carries 39yds; 1rec 14yds

WR Jake Stoneburner
    Season: 12rec 159yds
    Last Week (W #18 Miami):6rec 80yds

WR Dane Sanzenbacher
    Season: 8rec 115yds 1TD
    Last Week (#18 Miami):3rec 72yds 1TD

Ohio University Bobcats:

QB Boo Jackson
    Season:25/39 451yds 5TD 1INT; 6 carries 27yds 1TD
    Last Week (W Toledo):15/26 269yds 2TD 1INT; 3 carries 16yds

HB Joey Inks
    Season:25 carries 261yds 5TD
    Last Week (W Toledo):15 carries 116yds 3TD

WR Lavon Brazill
    Season:9rec 133yds 3TD; 151 Return yds 1TD
    Last Week (W Toledo):5rec 70yds1TD; 2 carries 3yds

Defensive Players to Watch:

Ohio State Buckeyes:

MLB Brian Rolle
    9Tkls 1.0 sacks

FS Jemale Hines
    7Tkls 1INT

Ohio University Bobcats:

MLB Noah Keller
    11Tkls 1INT

LE Dak Notestine
    9Tkls 4.0 sacks

Ohio Bobcats Head Coach Robbie Garrison spoke at his weekly television show about the Week 3 matchup and feelings toward old boss, Ohio State Head Coach Tressel and this is what he said:

"A lot of the press is trying to play this up as me going up there to Columbus to settle a score but that's not the case at all. Coach Tressel was the first coach to give me a shot as a graduate assistant at Youngstown State and we had great success there and then he brought me with him to Columbus and I will never forget that. He taught me a lot about football and I hope one day I can be half the coach he has proved to be. That being said, my team is going up there not to settle a score but to win a football game and to do that we're going going to have to minimize mistakes and play hard-nosed defense! We've practiced our asses off all week and I think we're ready!"

Corso's Pick:

[​IMG]

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

This is a really big match up for the bobcats. There are lots of benefits to beating the bubuckeyes... .bragging rights, recruiting and not to mention they are up against the # 2team in the nation. Good luck to you and your bobcats! !!

4. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Week 3: Ohio Bobcats at #2 Ohio State Buckeyes

Final Score:
    Ohio Bobcats 14
    #2 Ohio State Buckeyes 21

For the 2nd time in 3 years the Ohio Bobcats came into the Shoe and gave the 2nd ranked Buckeyes all they could handle. The Bobcats lead for 3 quarters of the contest without getting the ball into the endzone. The 1st half of the game came to an end with the Bobcats QB Boo Jackson throwing an INT to the Buckeyes Jemale Hines after driving the ball down to the Buckeye 8 yard line, the half ending with the Bobcats up 6-0. The 3rd quarter was for the most part uneventful with the teams punting back and forth as the defenses were put to the test. Ohio State HB Brandon Saine came alive in the 4th quarter getting to paydirt 3 times and getting the bulk of his yardage late in the game as the Bobcat defense had no answer for him. Late in the 4th with the Bobcats trailing 14-6 Boo Jackson hooked up with WR Steven Goulet on a 57 yard bomb on a pivotal 3rd and long. On the very next play Boo Jackson hit Goulet on a 8 yard hitch route for the TD. The Bobcats were forced to go for 2 to tie as there was only 1:27 left in the game and Jackson hooked up with Goulet in the back of the end zone to convert. The crowd at the Shoe was stunned but after the kickoff to the Buckeyes it only took the Buckeye offense 5 plays to get the ball back into the end zone and re-take the lead with 0:38 left to go. The Bobcats got the ball back with no timeouts and drove the ball to around mid-field setting up one last play with the clock running down. The Bobcat Quarterback got the ball as the clock hit triple zero's and threw the ball as far as he could, it looked like Goulet had a step on his man again but when the ball finally got there 3 Buckeye defenders were there to knock the ball down ending the contest.

Offensive Standouts:​

Ohio State:

HB Brandon Saine
    27 carries 141yds 3TD

FB Zach Boren
    1rec 34yds

(Buckeye QB Terrelle Pryor was held to just 95yds on 8 completions and he was sacked twice)

Ohio Bobcats:

QB Boo Jackson
    18/37 215yds 1TD 3INT

HB Joey Inks
    15 carries 48yds

WR Lavon Brazill
    11rec 91yds

WR Steven Goulet
    5rec 91yds 1TD; 1 carry 4yds; 2PT Conv.

Defensive Standouts:​

Ohio State Buckeyes:

ROLB Brian Rolle
    6Tkls 1.0 sack 1INT

FS Jemale Hines
    9Tkls 2INT

Ohio Bobcats:

CB Julian Posey
    5Tkls

ROLB Eric Benjamin
    3Tkls 1.0 Sack​

Our reporters caught up with Bobcat Head Coach Garrison after a short but cordial handshake with Buckeye Coach Jim Tressel and this is what he had to say:

"Helluva game wasn't it? My guys left it all out here today and I don't belive we have any reason to hang our heads. We played our asses off and if a couple of plays went the other way, who knows? Now we have to get back to work and get ready for our next opponent and we'll prepare for them just as we did with these guys here no different. I have to tip my hats to the Buckeyes and their coaching staff they really played a great game as well. Great football game all around I believe on both sides of the field."

Our reporters also asked Coach Garrison what was said between himself and Coach Tressel during the handshake at mid-field and this is his quote:

"Oh, Just great game, good luck this season the same ol' coach talk at the end of a game. You know you guys are just looking for a story here and it's really a non-story. I know you guy's got a job to do but really it's a non-issue!"

Again, Final Score here in Columbus is the 2nd ranked Buckeyes 21 and the Bobcats of Ohio University 14 as an early upset in adverted.

[​IMG]

5. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

impressive game by your Bobcats! If you keep playing like that theres no way you shouldnt get a decent bowl game!

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Damn that was a close game. Definately nothing to hang your head about. Youll getem next year.

7. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Wow you gave them a scare. That's impressive. I am sure you'll have a great run this year.

8. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

So close!!! I know you were hoping to run the tables and make history but man, that is one awesome showing anyway! Keep it up.. Next year I am pretty sure you'll take them down. Hopefully it'll be a home game for you too.

Edit: Nice job shutting down Pryor too...Very impressive!

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Nice try man...that would have been an epic win!

10. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Nice write up and nice game. Losing by one TD against a powerhouse like that is definitely a moral victory (if those are worth anything)