College Gameday Game of the Week (Week 5) Nevada @ UNLV

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

College Gameday Game of the Week (Week 5) Nevada @ UNLV

[​IMG]

Good luck guys

2. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Nevada 21 UNLV 11

Two high scoring offenses were kept quiet tonight in Las Vegas. After a quiet first half highlighted by a missed FG both both teams and only 7 points put on the board at all, a TD scored in the 2nd quarter on a 10 yard HB screen to Taua from Kaepernick. The 3rd quarter saw only a FG from UNLV, which made things tight coming down the wire.
    Nevada but another TD on the board on a 37 yard pass to Hall to go up 11. After having a few more missed FGs, multiple fumbles, and bad pitches, UNLV finally puts up its only TD on a 3 yard option keeper by Clayton. After putting up 2 more points on the conversion, UNLV was only down three. Electing to kick it deep with only 1:22 left on the clock quickly backfired as Nevada RB Taua took one 71 yards while just trying to churn the clock, which iced away the win for the Wolf Pack.
    Coach distrktFIVE credits the Wolf Pack for being the better team. "Even though we kept Taua under control until he ripped of the late run, dealing with Kaepernick is a whole 'nother story. He threw the ball beautifully and when we had people covered well, he'd tuck it away and pick up big time first downs with his speed and strength. The Wolf Pack is a dangerous team to play."

Congratulations to the Nevada Wolf Pack for taking home the Fremont Cannon!

Stats:
    Kaepernick 10-17 for 190 yards & 2 TD
    Clayton 10-23 for 154 yards & 0 Td 0 INT

Taua 22 carries for 155 yards & 1 TD + 4 catches for 31 yards
    Kaepernick 11 carries for 84 yards & 0 TD
    Trotter 10 carries for 64 yards & 0 TD
    Clayton 15 carries for 37 yards & 1 TD

Denton 11 tackles, 8 solo, 2 TFL, 1 FF

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Wow this sounds like it was a great defensive game. Congrats to both coaches on a well played game

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Nevada Edges Out UNLV in a Nailbiter​

With bragging rights for the state of Nevada on the line, the Wolf Pack and the Running Rebels played as if they were on pins and needles. Boasting the #1 Offense in college football, Nevada could not hold onto the ball despite numerous possessions in enemy territory, fumbling an obscene five times. "I would love to blame it on mental mistakes, but ooohweeee, UNLV came out to hit today," said an exhausted looking Coach Nguyen. "I have never seen Kaepernick taken a beating like this, it was unreal. Everytime we moved down the field into enemy territory, they took the ball from us."

However, Clayton and his RB Trotter could not get the option going, as Nevada had multiple guys locked onto Clayton at every snap it seemed like. "We were just trying to contain him. A guy that fast and that strong, you have to be patient and make sure that you don't miss the tackle, because he can go all the way in a heartbeat," said DE Dontay Moch.

With Nevada scoring the lone TD in the first half, the 3rd quarter was another display of defense overpowering offense, with UNLV putting up the only points with a field goal.

The 4th quarter was when things finally got interesting. Kaepernick hit
    Kelton Hall for a 37 yard TD to put Nevada up 14-3. After Nevada got the ball back with 2 minutes remaining, all the Wolf Pack had to do was run time off the clock. However, Taua fumbled on a play and gave UNLV another crack at the endzone, and they definitely capitalize with Clayton scoring on a 2yard keeper. After Clayton hit his WR for the 2 point conversion, UNLV only trailed 11-14.

UNLV chose to kick off. However, Taua saved Nevada in the waning moments with a 71 yard touchdown, resulting in the final score of Nevada 21, UNLV 11. "That's what this rivalry is all about man. Both teams played really hard. They stopped me from getting the big plays all game. I was frustrated, especially with my late fumble. I think I made up for it at the end," said a smiling Taua.

Kaepernick Fools UNLV with the Playaction
    [YOUTUBE]0-kQcyVZ0b0[/YOUTUBE]

Kaepernick Gets his Clock Cleaned
    [YOUTUBE]3ca6ihNz_k0[/YOUTUBE]

Clayton with the Late Score
    [YOUTUBE]XX5qj-0R-lI[/YOUTUBE]

Taua Seals the Game
    [YOUTUBE]rc71LWqkt2I[/YOUTUBE]

5. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Sounds like a great game!

6. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Awesome write up's guys.. Nice to see you're such a good sport about it distrikt!! We really appreciate that! Great game, well done!

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Good game D5! I just realized that Kaepernick is a senior yesterday and that I didn't recruit any QB's up to this point...oh lordy my backup is awful. I hope I can get someone quick because both my starting QB and HB is gone next year. ARghhghhhh!

8. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to take losses and talk about it, you know? I mean he plain beat me. Shut my run down and his two game breakers made 1 more big play than mine. Next year I am going to get even!

Oh I knew that. I am very thankful to see your backfield leave my schedule! Haha. I am sure you'll be fine, it may just take a year or two to find the perfect QB for that offense. I hope to sabotage all efforts of you pulling a dual threat guy like Kaepernick ever again though! They will coming to Vegas where the women and the action is!